General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

Hawk Hater

Old 07-28-2009, 05:50 PM
MLB
Back Marker

MLB is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by harlangto
DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME - it's like fighting Obongo lovers..................
Most BMW owners are Liberal dick heads, they only get that high mileage because they can't afford anything else beyond their HIGH maintenance 2 wheeled LUV machines every 10 years.
No most BMW owners are conservative, right wing *** bags.
They fixate on anything they are into (NRA) and spend all their time bitching about other people trying to take their rights away.
Old 07-28-2009, 05:51 PM
MLB
Back Marker

Originally Posted by Circuit_Burner
62,000 and it will whip the living **** out of any BMW on the track, or in a straight line.

ummmm. NOT
Old 07-28-2009, 07:32 PM
geezer
SuperSport
SuperSport

oahu hawk is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Circuit_Burner
Those opposed cylinders have a tendency to scrape the street at 45 degrees.
IIRC the faster beemers are in line fours, you've been racing the slow ones!

Last edited by oahu hawk; 07-28-2009 at 08:29 PM.
Old 07-28-2009, 08:45 PM
SuperBike

autoteach is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Kators
Ride your ride, and he can ride his. Arguing about opinions ends up in a viscous circle.
Especially when you are talking about what is the best oil. Oh, you meant vicious, never mind.
Old 07-28-2009, 09:03 PM
SuperBike

Thumper is an unknown quantity at this point
bmw- Bring My Wallet
BMW- Bavarian Money Waster

Backwards...

Wanted
Mercedes
Benz

Bloated Machine (of/for) Wanderlust

Buy More Warranty

And the winner is:
Bavarian Manure Wagon
Old 07-29-2009, 07:00 AM
SuperSport
SuperSport

gboezio is on a distinguished road
I owned 4 wheel BMW for 7 years, this ought to be the best car I will ever own, top notch engineering, attention to details, best road handling I was given to drive, but the price of comfort is weight, but a screaming 3 liters V8 dual DOHC 32 valves have something that makes you grin everytime, I could skid the car around a divider so easily.
For the bikes, I'm convinced thet the quality is higher than Honda, but the problem is that in a performance world, sometimes simplicity is the key, trade offs need to be done like longevity for performance, less gadgets to save weight, who needs ABS, a whole bunch of switches, heating handles, GPS, when you ride you need the bike and the road.

BMW have reverted to the classic Japanese design for it's high performance racing bike, I wonder why ??

Last edited by gboezio; 07-29-2009 at 07:03 AM.
Old 07-29-2009, 10:31 AM
guru of things sparky
SuperSport

Circuit_Burner is on a distinguished road
They make the best boat anchors... very high performance boat anchors.
Old 07-29-2009, 10:32 AM
Crash
Superstock

COLE is on a distinguished road
bmw s have high miles bc all they do is cruise down highway ;p i was in frankin nc, deals gap, road 28 down through georgia and back up and all over, never saw a bmw on in the curves, hell a goldwing will out preform a bmw
Old 07-29-2009, 10:36 AM
Back Marker

Kators is on a distinguished road
I won't argue, Beemers are nice bikes but they come with a nice price tag. As far as I am concerned, let the beemers keep there miles, means less off our Honda's
Old 07-29-2009, 11:16 AM
Squid

JOHNNYP is on a distinguished road
Bus............Metro..............Walk!
Old 07-29-2009, 11:28 AM
Duc Hawk
SuperSport

Moto Man is on a distinguished road
Big
Messy
Wiring-Harness
Old 07-29-2009, 12:28 PM
SuperSport

nnjhawk02 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by swordfish
. but at least they've got heated grips right?
Ahh - my 'Hawk has Hot Grips > http://www.hotgrips.com/

I put them on - real easy & tied into the little light above headlight, that way if they're still on when I turn off bike they go off as well.

Now back to topic > mine has a bit over 40k still goin strong.

I owned 3 R-type (Airhead), old ones - still love the R100RS up to '83 - not my site

http://www.bmbikes.co.uk/photopages/photosr100rs.htm

Anyway - Beemers vs. a sportbike is not a great comparo - they are mostly tourers / sport-tourers, which I've made my 'Hawk into w/ Givi top case, seat pack & tank bag, and I'm ready to roll most places, sadly w/ 4 kids + work not riding as much as I'd like too, but planning a WVa trip this year + annual Vt Fall Run (see Hot Grips active)
Old 07-29-2009, 01:15 PM
Squid

Rashardj is on a distinguished road
I want to thank everyone for standing up for the Superhawk and Honda as a whole. However, I think we got away from the point of the thread; proving that a honda was capable of going the long haul and people putting over 60,000 miles on them. I agree that bimmers are nice bikes, but totally different from the Hawk. My friends problem is; he cant admire one thing without discrediting another.
Old 07-29-2009, 04:06 PM
MotoGP

nath981 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Rashardj
This is a call to my fellow superhawk riders to prove a BMW rider wrong. I personally adore my superhawk and I am tired of defending it in conversations with my BMW friend. Our last conversation was about high mileage; he said that I couldn't find 20 hondas with over 60 thousand miles ( I have a 1979 cb650 as well). I mentioned that I had seen atleast that many superhawks with high miles. He called me a liar and here we are. I showed him a thread on here tittled "how many miles on your hawk", even after this brillant thread he said that most of the hawk riders were kicking tires and telling lies. After I found 20 superhawks I proceeded to VFR WORLD and found another 20. Will my fellow hwk riders and Honda lovers help me out here, I would love to see pics of high mileage. Oh yeah, he actually test rode and taled me into buying the Hawk, so deep down I know he loves it.
I love the superhawk also, and for this reason, resurrected after it had been totaled by the insurance co.
however, i don't feel the need to justify it worthiness or convince anyone thereof.
With all due respect, IMO, you may want to spend more time in the saddle rather than mindf*cking with your buddy arguing stupid ****, and, as a possible side effect, you may be able to prove your point the real way, through riding. That is if you still feel compelled to convince others that "my dog's bigger and better than yours".
Old 07-29-2009, 09:17 PM
Remember stock is BAD!
SuperSport
SuperSport

divingindaytona is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by nath981
I i don't feel the need to justify it worthiness or convince anyone thereof.

I am with Nath. Does it really matter what your buddy thinks? Ride what you want, ride where you want. What else matters?
Old 07-30-2009, 03:59 AM
Superstock

hondavtr1000sp2 is on a distinguished road
Yes,who cares what he thinks.I worked as a motorcycle messenger for 5 years ,7am-7pm monday -friday in Melbourne Australia,my first year i did 80,000 kilometers,then around 100,000 ks a year,our winters can be as low as 5 degree cel - summer 47 degree cel,most rode honda's,every thing from xr250's,cbr600's,hornet 600's,hornet 900's even a cbr1100 blackbird all very reliable under harsh Australian conditions!If you have a honda and look after it ,it will be bullit proof!!
Old 07-30-2009, 07:52 AM
SuperBike

cliby is on a distinguished road
just for those thinking bmw is not a leader in bringin new technology

https://www.superhawkforum.com/forum...ad.php?t=19707
Old 07-30-2009, 08:53 AM
SuperBike

L8RGYZ is an unknown quantity at this point
I think the typical Super Hawk rider concensus is: "Who cares?!"

Plus your friend sounds like the type who would never be convinced to change his opinion anyway. So you're just feeding the addiction. Once he sees you don't care he'll STFU.
Old 07-30-2009, 11:06 AM
Back Marker

Kators is on a distinguished road
Plus your friend sounds like the type who would never be convinced to change his opinion anyway. So you're just feeding the addiction. Once he sees you don't care he'll STFU.
I'm convinced his friend is just doing it to get the guy going. If that is the case, +1 to the friend. I have a hard time resisting getting something like this started myself....
Old 07-30-2009, 12:59 PM
Superstock

RPV-Hawk is on a distinguished road
don't try to teach a pig to sing. Wastes your time and annoys the pig.
You'll never convince the BMW rider of anything other than his Crap doesn't stink.
Old 07-30-2009, 03:46 PM
SuperBike

L8RGYZ is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by RPV-Hawk
don't try to teach a pig to sing. Wastes your time and annoys the pig.
Ha ha! One of my favorite sayings.
Old 07-30-2009, 04:55 PM
Back Marker

rooster is on a distinguished road
I admit I feel the same way towards BMW riders. Buddy of a buddy purchased a used BMW as did this father. Now they have drank the BMW Cool-aid. Its BMW this and BMW that. They just went to their national ralley two weeks ago and you would have thought they saw God himself sitting atop the S1000R. Now the son has to have one cause the spokes (some ex pro rider) person said the literbike is so good its like cheating. All I told the dad was: You can't buy tallent! And now that they got rid of all the Pan/Duo Lever crap and put in a inline four or basicly copied what Japan has been doing for 20 something years they may have a good bike. I think I pissed him off.
Old 07-30-2009, 06:47 PM
MotoGP

nath981 is on a distinguished road
Question

Originally Posted by jocekortan
Hi all! I'm Joce, I'm new here. Nice to meet you!!
hi joce. what do you ride? Is there any particular reason u chose this thread to intro yourself?
Old 08-05-2009, 08:21 AM
Señor Miembro, Ay Caramba
SuperSport

Scooberhawk is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by cliby
I had forgot about that video. that is one of the funniest of all time - thanks for the laugh. anyone who hasn't clicked the link, do yourself a favor and check it out.
+2 ... Oh man. Good stuff!
Old 08-05-2009, 08:34 AM
MotoGP

inderocker is an unknown quantity at this point
Big
Money
Wasted
Old 08-05-2009, 08:47 AM
MotoGP

VTRsurfer is on a distinguished road
I had an '83 BMW R100RS for 15 years, and it had 66,000 miles on it, but I had to do a valve job at 64,000. The valves erroded to the point that the edge was just about sharp enough to cut you. I had done valve adjustments about every 2,000 miles. I sold it after buying my new VTR in August 2005.

In contrast my first bike, a '78 Honda CX500, had 72,000 on it when I sold it. It was still running strong with no repairs, ever.
Old 08-05-2009, 11:43 PM
Squid

Infusi0n
71,00 km which i think = 44,000 Miles .. wow doesn't seem so far in miles does it
Old 08-06-2009, 04:39 PM
MLB
Back Marker

I love 4 wheeled beemers and almost bought one in 07, but in the end what scared me off was that EVERYONE bought extended warranties because they are so god awful expensive to repair. And they've gone so "techie" that repairs are inevitable. The X5 I looked at had a POWER REAR ASHTRAY!!
And the extended warranty was in the $2500-3000 range!!
Old 08-06-2009, 05:34 PM
Honducati
SuperSport

jbaxx is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by MLB
I love 4 wheeled beemers and almost bought one in 07, but in the end what scared me off was that EVERYONE bought extended warranties because they are so god awful expensive to repair. And they've gone so "techie" that repairs are inevitable. The X5 I looked at had a POWER REAR ASHTRAY!!
And the extended warranty was in the $2500-3000 range!!
You're right about that! A few of the techs I have worked with went to work across the street at the local BMW dealership. According to them the quality is far below the Hondas that they are used to working on, and half of the problems are electrical, for which they have NO schematics to troubleshoot with. My buddy told me "I got into this business to work on cars but most of the time I'm an I.T. guy". They pull their hair out all day trying to program all the control modules.
Old 08-07-2009, 06:53 PM
996 new guy
Superstock

FireRescue is on a distinguished road
To Beemer or Not to Beemer

I had a 1985 Goldwing GL1200 that could corner better than a R1100RS of any year, not to mention that my engine guards got asphalt polished a few times, the angle on those is 56 degrees... so yeah my old goldwing could corner for a tourer...

Look on Youtube... (finding link now...) there is a yellow GL1800 goldwing that went on deals gap and scraped pipes and bags doing high speed turns.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0nrMQ3QwyPo

I've personally done this, not at the gap mind you, on my 85 wing...