General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

Great ride today (with vid)

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2009, 07:47 PM
2nd mouse gets the cheese
SuperBike

Little_Horse is on a distinguished road
Great ride today (with vid)

Gotta love the nice weather here in oregon today. Went out for a ride with Springbubba and his neighbor Mike who was riding an older cbr600f3. We rode about 175 miles of mostly twisty roads in Washington state, only down side was alot of cagers where out enjoying the weather too. We shot a short video, its shacky but the sound is decent and you can tell there are two bikes behind me. We also where witness to a chick on a harley lock it up and go off the road trying to follow me threw a turn too fast. I witnessed it in my mirrors, but springbubba was close enough to have to swerve out of the way. I turned around not knowing what to expect, but luckily she and the bike where unscratched truly unbelievable. Nearly miraculous. We lifted her bike back up and after a minute or two she was off riding again, a true trooper if I must say myself. It did remind all of us how quickly fun can turn into disaster though so keep riding as safe as you can people and have fun.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7HQb0tmvDrs

Andrew
Old 06-27-2009, 08:31 PM
Back Marker

jaypo is on a distinguished road
Looked like a beautiful ride! Days like that are great.
Old 06-27-2009, 09:14 PM
Back Marker

Spaz' is on a distinguished road
Question 503 southbound?

You guys on 503 southbound? Just coming from the intersection just west of Cougar by a few miles? If so - been down that flight path quite a bit over the last couple years - good flight.
Nifty video -good post. Close call about the gal on the Harley and great that you guys were able to help her out!
My bird is torn apart right now. I should get the hell off my *** and go out there and fart with it.
Old 06-27-2009, 09:31 PM
SuperBike

I am not sure where we were exactly, I was following Springbubba for all but the video portion. I am sure he will chime in the route.
Old 06-27-2009, 09:43 PM
I don't need any Meds
Superstock

5150 is on a distinguished road
Man that is very nice looking scenery. Damn your hawk is loud, what kind of pipes?
Old 06-28-2009, 06:36 AM
SuperSport

chickenstrip
Nice mellow riding on a winding road - I really want to get out of the city for some of that. Soon I'll have it back together and ready to go.

Notice how visible those stock signals are? Another vote for staying stock.
Old 06-28-2009, 07:09 AM
MotoGP

Wolverine is on a distinguished road
Makes me want suit up and ride.
Old 06-28-2009, 07:27 AM
SuperBike

drew_c14 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by 97Wolverine
Makes me want suit up and ride.
+1
Old 06-28-2009, 09:12 AM
SuperBike

Originally Posted by 5150
Man that is very nice looking scenery. Damn your hawk is loud, what kind of pipes?

they are stubbed high mounted stockers.
https://www.superhawkforum.com/forum...ad.php?t=19116 the vid makes them seem even louder because the camera was like 6 in away from the end.

we are thinking about getting a better camera for motorcycle vids, because they are alot of fun to take. Any ideas what to get?
Old 06-28-2009, 12:34 PM
Back Marker

jaypo is on a distinguished road
I've been considering this one:
http://www.goprocamera.com/index.php?area=2&productid=2
Old 06-28-2009, 04:40 PM
Uhhhhh..huh.huh..Member..
Superstock

Springbubba is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Spaz'
You guys on 503 southbound? Just coming from the intersection just west of Cougar by a few miles? If so - been down that flight path quite a bit over the last couple years - good flight.
Nifty video -good post. Close call about the gal on the Harley and great that you guys were able to help her out!
My bird is torn apart right now. I should get the hell off my *** and go out there and fart with it.
Yup. Out to Carson and up Wind River Road. Its freaking awesome up there right now. Put your bike together!!!!

Name:  062709Ride007.jpg
Views: 4
Size:  154.2 KB

Name:  062709Ride003.jpg
Views: 4
Size:  142.2 KB
Old 06-28-2009, 05:46 PM
Back Marker

Ah - the "up to Carson" and back down route. I hear that one is a real good one. I haven't taken that route yet. I made it up past the ranger station where the one road from Carson meets the road that takes you to Cougar - that was my first real ride on the VTR, when I got it almost three years ago. I took myself up as far as I thought my gas tank could take me toward Windy Ridge. The sun had set and there was smoke coming out of the crater of St. Helens and was hoping for something exciting to happen but it didn't (Good thing too, cause I was downwind from the thing and I had the K&N air filter installed.). (Here's a pic a few minutes before all of this went down.) Anyway, I took it down a ways through some curvy roads and came out to a point where I could pull off the side of the road to rewire the licence plate tail light. I grounded out somewhere and scared myself real good as to what I did exactly (I had the ignition on so I had some lighting from the tail light to see what I was doin'. :\ ) ...And the bike turned over despite this and started fortuantely (I don't know much about electrical so it really did have me going...) and rode it back in to Cougar where I was able to take the seat off (Damn its a pain to get off sometimes!) and replace the fuse.
Yea, I tore apart the carbs a few minutes ago and everything is disassembled; the cam' stuff is still undone. I'm about to do a leak check on the air cut-off valves, but I think their okay. I'm really trying to dig through every nook and crany - I'm sick of tearing this thing apart.
Anyhoo', I'm working on getting half way through dinner at the moment and then I'll go fiddle around some more. Looks like you guys had a chill time.
Attached Thumbnails Great ride today (with vid)-sthelens093006.jpg  
Old 06-29-2009, 07:22 AM
SuperBike

Spaz get your bike back together and come for a ride with us sometime, its always cool to add more hawks to our group. I think Springbubba and I are going to get a ride going the weekend after the fourth of July, for any of you locals who are interested in coming let me know for more details.
Old 06-29-2009, 01:28 PM
Back Marker

Smile

I'll have to think about this. Thank you so much for the invite. It takes a LOT to get me out - ask SpringBubba. :P
I really think my bird is going to be down for awhile for the most part, for a couple to several weeks at a minimum. Today is the first day of school here at Clark College in Vancouver and I'm enrolled just above full time - and our summer quarter is eight weeks instead of eleven, so things are going to be very intensive. We'll see where I'm at this week and I've taken note that you guys are planning out a flight for the weekend coming up.
I am have to cruz' for the moment though, I'm already in the middle of my homework and had taken a break from it.
Old 07-19-2009, 12:37 PM
SuperBike

Took another vid pointed forwards this time. We are riding in Oregon in this video. Del is taking the lead for most of it. He really layed down one smooth run!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4CXCeOkymLk
Old 07-19-2009, 02:36 PM
MotoGP

VTRsurfer is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by chickenstrip
Nice mellow riding on a winding road
Notice how visible those stock signals are? Another vote for staying stock.
I agree, I love the clean look of flushmounts, but I like being seen by cagers even more.

Nice road and incredible scenery, but what's with the spilled liquid in the righthanders near the beginning. I hate when that happens, and you don't know whether it's just water from a boat or RV or someone left their gas cap off. I went down once when I hit diesel fuel while fully leaned over and hanging off 20 years ago on my 700 Nighthawk.
Old 07-19-2009, 07:18 PM
SuperBike

good eye yes it was water from the boat being hauled in front of us. You can see it pull off to let us pass a little later. Do you like our forward pointed vid or our rear pointed vid better?
Old 07-19-2009, 09:04 PM
SuperBike

trinc is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by cornandp
Took another vid pointed forwards this time. We are riding in Oregon in this video. Del is taking the lead for most of it. He really layed down one smooth run!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4CXCeOkymLk
what ? dry pavement ....

tim
Old 07-19-2009, 09:44 PM
MotoGP

VTRsurfer is on a distinguished road
good eye yes it was water from the boat being hauled in front of us. You can see it pull off to let us pass a little later. Do you like our forward pointed vid or our rear pointed vid better?
I like the forward pointed video better, since I generally like to see where I'm going.

Back in the late '50s and '60s some car manufacturers made station wagons with a rear facing 3rd seat which I always thought was a dumb idea.....scare the **** out of the kids as the car is getting rearended. But usually the kids would just make faces at the car behind them.

But the rear facing video was good too.
Old 07-20-2009, 07:25 AM
SuperBike

Originally Posted by trinc
what ? dry pavement ....

tim
Yep, amazing how much faster you can go with out sliding.... Del and I went back to Apairy on Sunday holy cow! One I didn't realize how far we actually had gone in the rain and two phenomenal when dry I have perma grin
Old 07-20-2009, 08:43 AM
Uhhhhh..huh.huh..Member..
Superstock

Springbubba is on a distinguished road
That ride was a blast!! The Pilot Road 2's are going to be worn out on the sides way before the middle. We left some rubber on that road. Got 400+ miles in this weekend.
Old 07-20-2009, 10:29 AM
SuperBike

trinc is on a distinguished road
Yep, amazing how much faster you can go with out sliding.... Del and I went back to Apairy on Sunday holy cow! One I didn't realize how far we actually had gone in the rain and two phenomenal when dry I have perma grin
there are a few other roads out there but that is probably my favorite.
the road closure sign is interesting... it doesn't need repaved imo, but i hope they don't chip seal it !!!

tim
Old 07-20-2009, 10:31 AM
SuperBike

agreed they should repave Scapoose Vernonia HW. What are your favorite roads out there?