General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

Great Motorcycle Mechanic in the Seattle area!

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2013, 04:52 PM
Now What?
Squid

98hvtr is on a distinguished road
Great Motorcycle Mechanic in the Seattle area!

Hey Guys,
I just wanted to let you know how awesome this forum is and the people on it!

As soon as I found this forum, I was amazed at how knowledgeable everyone seemed to be and the plethora of great technical tips. I discovered that I NEEDED to replace my cam chain tensioners, install the PAIR block off plates for instance.

I'm not a mechanic, very much an end user, but wanted this stuff done.

I bought a pretty decent 1998 with 44K miles on it. It did some weird things when idleing, like die. Sometimes it wouldn't die and just "take a hit in the rpms" but keep running. It also needed the valves adjusted.

So I put out a forum wide message saying I was trying to find someone in my area that would be willing to show me how to do this. Well, Geoff Thomas answered and said he would be willing to do it/show me. How awesome is that? And he was only 15 miles away!

While I mostly watched on a cold sunday morning, he adjusted my valves, did the PAIR mod and MCCT's as well as correct some vacuum issues that he thought might be the reason my bike was iffy at idle. He did all of that as well as re-work my turn signals/control switches (clean and regrease) because they were not working. How awesome is that. He treated my bike like it was his own and that he cared about it. It runs like a champ now, too. No hesitation, no stalling etc.

So major props to Geoff Thomas and his motorcycle repair business called "GTS MOTORSPORTS!" He will do mobile repairs too! So if you want, he will come to you! Please give this guy your business. He is a small business owner who could use the business!

Thanks for listening.
Old 02-25-2013, 06:46 PM
SuperSport

thetophatflash is an unknown quantity at this point
And GTS is where?
Old 02-26-2013, 04:37 PM
GTS
Seasoned tech
SuperSport

GTS is on a distinguished road
It was great to meet you in person. I had a lot of fun working on your bike and chatting with you that Sunday. Glad we found the vacuume issues as it appears that was the issue with your popping.

I'm based more or less out of Duvall and Issaquah. Primarily doing mobile work but have a couple places people can bring their bikes to me. One being in Renton and the other in Duvall where we worked on 98hvtr's bike.