General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

got another bike :D

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2010, 03:45 PM
SuperBike

uchi is on a distinguished road
got another bike :D

well i finally managed to get rid of my quad tonite. a guy called me with a 98 zx6r. 28k on it, hindle pipe, and from the slight hang up it has when you let off the throttle im guessing it has an aftermarket filter of some kind aswell. ill get pics of it later on i just unloaded it off my trailer in the rain. it has a clean title so im debating turning it into a track bike or seeing if i can trade it for an already set up track bike. not sure what the interest would be on something on this. it runs great, fires up instantly when you hit the start button and revs nice and clean. lets hope all the gears work on it, lol, the previous owner took good care of it, its gonna need all new fluids, brake fluid is a nice dark color and its been sitting for a short while the guy said. other than that if i end up keeping it itll make a nice addition to my garage and my kawi mechanic buddy, the guy whos sorted out my carb issues, already has a hard on for this bike and has started planning the mods that are gonna go into it to make it a fun track machine.
Old 10-11-2010, 04:13 PM
Back Marker

Red_Liner740 is on a distinguished road
damn man, i thought u wanted a fuel injected bike for your track *****...why didnt u tell me, i'd have sold you my 01 zx7 for dirt cheap.
Old 10-11-2010, 04:22 PM
SuperBike

i wanted an fi bike but was having a hard time unloading the quad, and with my wedding coming up i couldnt justify buying a bike to the wife. how much did you want for the zx7? and is it a street or track bike?
Old 10-11-2010, 04:27 PM
Back Marker

its a clean title street bike. It just has to have the front fairings put back on.

it has a whole bunch of spare parts to go with it, i just lost all interest in that bike. It does need a new battery.

I'd have taken 2Gs for it.
Old 10-11-2010, 04:34 PM
SuperBike

damn thats cheap, wanna trade for a 98 zx6r ith a clean title and a hindle can? ill throw in an xbox 360 with an hd player a handful of hd movies and a bunch of games
Old 10-11-2010, 04:52 PM
Back Marker

LOL, reason i wanna get rid of it is that its just sitting there, what am i gonna do with a different bike sitting there...kinda defeats the purpose...
Old 10-11-2010, 04:57 PM
SuperBike

so give it to me then, i have room for another
Old 10-11-2010, 04:59 PM
Back Marker

Lol, sure, just make a donation to my favourite charity....ME!
ROFL.

offload that zx6r to your buddy with the hardon and come get the zx7.

only reason i got it was cuz its a 750cc and the thing is the most planted bike in the corner i rode, and i got it for a good deal...hence why i'm passing it on.
Old 10-11-2010, 05:23 PM
SuperBike

yeah the 750 is nice, he has one and he likes it, has a few different ninjas actually. ill see what i can do
Old 10-11-2010, 06:49 PM
SuperBike

the only downside to this second bike is that i bought a set of spare rims for my honda and now wont be using them as the superbike slicks for them are going onto the track bike, lol
Old 10-11-2010, 08:25 PM
I loves me twins
Superstock
Superstock

NooB is on a distinguished road
Old 10-11-2010, 08:50 PM
SuperBike

the only 1 i have so far. im not sure what were gonna paint it yet but something bright and in your face that will cause low sides from across the track, like bright as fucken hell florescent orange or something fun like that, lol

Name:  DSC_5010.jpg
Views: 20
Size:  111.4 KB
Old 10-11-2010, 09:11 PM
SuperBike

although i have this feeling ill be tracking both bikes just because i can. lol
Old 10-12-2010, 08:44 PM
SuperBike

so i had my first ride on the new bike today. right from the get go the rear felt much more planted than on my bike, while it doesnt have the instant power and mid range anger of the big twin it makes up for it over 10000 rpm where she wakes up and tries to come out from under me, lol. the hindle pipe sounds fantastic screaming at 14000 rpm aswell. bike shifts extremely smooth, it hasnt been run in a long time, the gas had a stink to it and she was hesitating a little until i opened her up a few times and cleaned the carbon out, at which point she turned into a rev happy snappy little inline 4. 140 mph came fast a few times with no indication of the bike slowing down which surprised me, especially for an older bike, but she pulls hard. shes gonna need brake pads for sure and some new fluid as this stuff is black but the 6 pots pull her to a stop pretty hard when theyre asked to. the cable clutch was super easy to get used to. also the bike is a good bit lighter than our bikes and thats obvious when i threw it around a little. its gona make a great little track machine, getting a re gear with some better brake fluid heavier fork oil likely some ebc hh pads aswell, needs an oil change while im at it as this oil is dark and who knows how long its been sitting. so its gonna be a fun winter project for sure, im just hoping my 190 superbike slick will fit on the rear as it has a pathetic little 170 on there now, but its a 5.5 inch rim and the tire i have is meant for a 5.5 inch rim, so as long as it doesnt touch anything solid ill run that for the next track season. i cant wait to starting cutting into this thing.

oh and the poor hondas battery is officially dead. after the issues i was having it looks like a cell has died. so a new one should be here in a few days and then ill finally ride that thing again, been since the end of september since ive been on it, starting to miss it.
Old 10-12-2010, 09:32 PM
I loves me twins
Superstock
Superstock

Originally Posted by uchi
the only 1 i have so far. im not sure what were gonna paint it yet but something bright and in your face that will cause low sides from across the track, like bright as fucken hell florescent orange or something fun like that, lol

Whoa, you collect buckets!? Me too!!!
Old 10-12-2010, 09:47 PM
SuperBike

haha, i use them for work, im a tile installer so when i come across them i buy them.

i think this thing might go a bright color, like i had wanted for my track rims, fluorescent orange or something that will take the focus off my inability to ride, lol.
Old 10-13-2010, 09:03 PM
I loves me twins
Superstock
Superstock

Dude, I know this isn't a kwaki, but I'm thinkin if you replace the pink with neon green or blue, then you've got a blinding, low side causing paintjob.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=potw5...eature=related
Old 10-14-2010, 04:32 AM
SuperBike

oh man that things hard to not look at, but it sounds so damn good.

i was toying with paint scheme ideas, i wanna do something to make it stick out, hell i might just paint it black and do some monster stuff to it like everyone else does to kawis, lol. i used to work for a guy who does fiberglass, stuff was fantastic, you could put a hood hed make against a curb and jumpo on it and it would bend but wouldnt crack or break, take car side skirts and twist them 360 degrees, same thing, nothing would happen to them. turns out my kawi mechanic buddy, same guy who sorted out my vtr carb issues without a problem, well he used to have a shop and the fiberglass guy used to work for him. so he suggested we either make a new nose cone for the track bike or fill in the headlight area, so it looks like thats whats happening with that

now i just need to start reading up on painting plastics, do some learning about flex agents and crap so i can paint this thing and not have it come out looking like total crap, or atleast a good from far but far from good effect