General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

Gold Wheels Worth $9k?

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2008, 06:20 PM
SuperSport

Hotbrakes is on a distinguished road
Gold Wheels Worth $9k?

Pulled up to the local grocery store this afternoon, and gazed across the parking lot at a sportbike that somewhat resembled a Superhawk. I walked over to it to check it our and sure enough, its a Hawk. Its actually the first one I've seen in the wild.(without knowing the owner)
Red, spray painted black tail section, missing mirrors, some sort of little fuzzy thing on the clutch reservoir, extra short hi mount jardines, and a faded number scribbled in white on the wind screen. Oh and the wheels were the stock gold ones that are usually on black hawks. I did a couple circles checking for anything extra trick and my heart sank when I saw the chicken strips...I said to myself "How could anyone waste a superb machine of this caliber?"
The owner was sitting in a truck next to the bike so I started asking him about it. I asked him if it used to be black cause of the gold wheels, and he said its originally red and that the gold wheels are worth $9k cause they only made 1000 of them. ????? Is this a big secret no one talks about? Maybe I should go pick up a black one with gold wheels for a couple thou the next chance I get. I'll sell him a spare set of wheels for $5k, great deal.
So seeing that he probably doesn't know anything about his bike I asked him where he rides since I've never seen him and he says "I'm up at the track every Wednesday night", track meaning the local drag strip. I asked him if he hit the amazing curvey road down the street ever and he kinda shrugged and said yeah. Then I asked if he wanted to ride tomorrow, he said he'd be working, so I asked about Saturday, and I got a kinda frustrated look like "leave me alone, I don't want to ride with you cuz you got a Superhawk". I also asked if he's on the forum and he said no.
WTF? Whats he smokin besides tires on the strip to make him think stock wheels are worth so much?
Old 04-10-2008, 06:27 PM
ole dirty bastard
SuperSport

hawxter996 is an unknown quantity at this point
hey dude i was just pulling your leg!

you had that deer in the headlights look when you spotted the hawk.

wasnt me but ive done the same sort of thing when people come gawking.
Old 04-10-2008, 07:09 PM
MotoGP

nuhawk is on a distinguished road
I do too until I actually walk them around the bike and price out the mods as they have been added to the bike.

It's no joke! You can buy an average low-mileage Superhawk in any market area of the country for less than $4k. But what do you have?

You walk around the bike and start dropping in the parts, you get to a $10k motorcycle pdq.

The nice thing about it is at the end of the day, this thing fits you better than your jock - and it's a hundred MPH faster.
Old 04-10-2008, 07:24 PM
Honducati
SuperSport

jbaxx is on a distinguished road
Dude's a jackass.