General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

Goin to the Gap

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2006, 10:56 AM
Squid

pickle.of.doom
Goin to the Gap

Leavin' Friday and heading for Deals Gap! Spending Saturday and Sunday around Shady Valley, TN to spend some time on those roads up there and then spending Mon-Sat at the Gap! If you are in the area keep an eye out for my VTR or any of the WOS crew of bikes!
Old 05-29-2006, 06:58 AM
Superstock

Sgt Rock is an unknown quantity at this point
be careful, I've heard of one death this weekend. I should be up there tuesday before work. I'll be on a Yellow Hawk, the fastest color.
Old 06-01-2006, 03:12 PM
Squid

TOMisKING
If you're up that way and have time you should check out 421. It's a nice curvy road also. I've ridden a few times. Seemed to be less police and traffic than deal's gap. It's been a couple years since I've been over there though.
Old 06-01-2006, 04:33 PM
Administrator
World Champion

Hawkrider will become famous soon enoughHawkrider will become famous soon enough
Cherohola Skyway is GOD'S ROAD! If you haven't ridden it, go to Robbinsville, get gas, head up back towards the Gap and follow signs to Cherohola. It'll be a left about a mile outside of town. Go all the way to Tellico Plains, TN. Stop for burgers and ice cream on the right by the river and then do another gas stop in Tellico. Go back up the mountain and hope you don't get rained on. About 75% of the time I've done this ride it's gorgeous going up and get rained on going back. Hopefully your luck will be better.

Good riding!
Old 06-01-2006, 04:46 PM
MotoGP

superhawk22 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Hawkrider
Cherohola Skyway is GOD'S ROAD! If you haven't ridden it, go to Robbinsville, get gas, head up back towards the Gap and follow signs to Cherohola. It'll be a left about a mile outside of town. Go all the way to Tellico Plains, TN. Stop for burgers and ice cream on the right by the river and then do another gas stop in Tellico. Go back up the mountain and hope you don't get rained on. About 75% of the time I've done this ride it's gorgeous going up and get rained on going back. Hopefully your luck will be better.

Good riding!
I've done that same loop....it was AWESOME!!!!!! I've got a map I bought at Deals gap that has planned out loops and all the places to stop in between, it was a great tool up there. Oh and we got rained on as well....strange.
Old 06-01-2006, 05:22 PM
Squid

GoBlu
I will be there the week of the 12th at the R1 Convention. It is a riot riding with those guys. They are all reved out in 1st for most of the Dragon. I just roll on the throttle in 2nd or 3rd and keep up with most of them. The suspension is stock, so they hold the tights a little better than me.

Can't wait to go back. The last time I was there, I took a little road from tellico to the Tenn side of 129. It was not very smooth, but it was a blast.
Old 06-01-2006, 05:29 PM
Administrator
World Champion

Hawkrider will become famous soon enoughHawkrider will become famous soon enough
If it wasn't smooth then it wasn't Cherohola. This road is little used and is for the most part in super shape. At least it was last year.
Old 06-01-2006, 05:32 PM
Squid

GoBlu
You turn right off of the Cherohola just before entering Tellico Plains. It's not a bad road, but it had some spots of that rough striped (ridged) pavement.
Old 06-01-2006, 05:38 PM
Squid

GoBlu
I believe that we ended up on 360.
Old 06-01-2006, 06:31 PM
Superstock

Sgt Rock is an unknown quantity at this point
Yeah 360 is a fun ride out of Tellico you just have to watch your speed on Cherohala the park rangers can give one heck of a fine for speeding.
Old 06-01-2006, 07:31 PM
MotoGP

superbling is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by superhawk22
Oh and we got rained on as well....strange.
No. That area of the US is one of the wettest in the country. Way more than the pacific northwest which I always tend to think of first.
Old 06-01-2006, 07:34 PM
MotoGP

Hmmm that is funny. They call us the sunshine state but yearly rainfall is WAY more than Seattle, just not everyday, we get it in summer 2hr downpours instead.
Old 06-01-2006, 10:37 PM
Moderate-whore
MotoGP

Randman is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by superhawk22
Hmmm that is funny. They call us the sunshine state but yearly rainfall is WAY more than Seattle, just not everyday, we get it in summer 2hr downpours instead.

After living in Orlando for almost a year, that is one thing I don't miss about the down pour state.....lol
Old 06-01-2006, 10:41 PM
MotoGP

Ahh O town the Lightning capitol of the world....shocking isn't it. Where did you live I have friends and a brother that live there.