General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

Givin the bird ridin the bird

Old 08-12-2008, 02:59 PM
AZ RIDER
Superstock

lynchie is on a distinguished road
Givin the bird ridin the bird

So far ive been cut off twice?, at slow speed thank God.... What did i do after that happened ...? Powered my way to the driver side door and pressed my little mouse of a horn button as hard as i could and raised that finger for a good quarter mile.. I would think thats the safest way to raise awareness isnt it? My wife gets mad when i tell her i retaliate with the "Number One"...What else are we supposed to do?

I think the pip squeek horn just isnt as impressionable as the finger and a couple blazing angry red eyes from behind the plastic..
Old 08-12-2008, 04:06 PM
Squid

clarkwebb is on a distinguished road
I used to use the bird, but now stick to the both hands it the air while trying to convey as hard as possible WHAT THE F*CK!
Old 08-12-2008, 05:17 PM
evil man of nothing
MotoGP

captainchaos is on a distinguished road
Be careful, giving the bird is about the most effective technique to make someone go completely road rage crazy...ask me how I know and ask yourself is it really worth it. I've had people try and run me over on my bike more than once, try to hit my car, actually run into my car and then turn it into a full on speeding down sidewalks car chase, and threaten to shoot me/kill me, etc...People are ******* crazy... Remember you're on two wheels. But I definitely feel you, people simply don't realize what a weapon a car is and if I could drop a grenade under some people's cars I'd love to. Stay alert and be happy they didn't put you in the hospital, I've been there too.
Old 08-12-2008, 06:45 PM
MotoGP

VTRsurfer is on a distinguished road
Yeah, my wife gets pissed if I flip someone off as well. And with good reason. You never know who's packing or on crack or just plain psycho crazy.

20 to 25 years ago I kicked doors, then sped off, but nowadays if they get your license and trace it .......so I stopped doing that.

Now I usually just smack the side of my helmet, like DOOH!
Old 08-13-2008, 07:46 AM
AZ RIDER
Superstock

In Arizona , you can carry a weapon on your side at all times.. not that i would shoot anyone, but most people ride with thier piece....But then so do crazy grandmas and gangsters....

Last edited by lynchie; 08-13-2008 at 07:49 AM.
Old 08-13-2008, 08:15 AM
MotoGP

superbling is on a distinguished road
I do a one hand "wtf" gesture while keeping my right on the throttle/brake. Then an exaggerated headshake side to side to indicate a "I can't believe that just happened" disappointment. Not as universal as the bird but I think most folks get it.

I'll also have one for cell phone users. Again with my left hand, I place the "call me" thumb/pinky finger extended gesture to my helmet and then slammed down to the tank to indicate hang up and drive.

My final one is a index finger to my helmets' eye port to indicate "LOOK!" next time you idiot.
Old 08-13-2008, 09:47 AM
AZ RIDER
Superstock

I guess its safe to do a "pre look, which gesture does this call for" ...The guys that look like UFC Heavyweight fighters usually just get a "look"..
Old 08-13-2008, 12:21 PM
Back Marker

little squirt is on a distinguished road
i have smacked someones side rear view mirror foward once, but that felt a little uneasy getting that close to a car @ 50mph.......now i usually give them the "YEA YEA YEA YEA YEA YEA" I'll see if i can find that video for you.....totally awesome
Old 08-13-2008, 12:37 PM
AZ RIDER
Superstock

My buddy in cali had a GSXR street fighter with straight pipes on it.. He said he would watch people crap thier pants and jump into the passenger seat when he would hit the gas on that thing next to the window.. He said it was 5 times as loud as a GP bike..
Old 08-14-2008, 01:23 AM
RK1
MotoGP

RK1 is on a distinguished road
I've done it, but I make sure I'm ahead and on the gas before I do. Smart thing is to let it go. Contest between bike and car? Car wins. Like bringing the knife to the gun fight.

Even if you have your gun and are left handed, all advantage goes to the jerk in the car.

When you escalate with a car, you're really gambling that the driver is less crazy than you are. Don't bet your life on it.
Old 08-14-2008, 12:59 PM
AZ RIDER
Superstock

Of course the car would win, im not saying "hey everyone, play chicken with cars" or anything. of course the smart thing do do is let it go with a rev up rather than an obscene gesture. but we have all been there and waved our middle finger flag plenty of times..
Old 08-14-2008, 02:41 PM
Speedbump
Squid

Norcalblake is on a distinguished road
I do the exact same thing as superbling, and hope like hell that i see them on a red light... maybe stupid to roll up at there wind and ask "wtf is your problem, do you always drive with your eyes clothes?!" Now i know confronting an unknown driver in a car with me on my bike is dumb as hell but who honestly thinks clear when you are just fuming.. i do at least look to see if it some thug wanna be who might have a weapon.. that will mellow me a bit
Old 08-14-2008, 02:58 PM
Escape Reality
SuperSport

calitoz is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by captainchaos
Be careful, giving the bird is about the most effective technique to make someone go completely road rage crazy...ask me how I know and ask yourself is it really worth it. I've had people try and run me over on my bike more than once, try to hit my car, actually run into my car and then turn it into a full on speeding down sidewalks car chase, and threaten to shoot me/kill me, etc...People are ******* crazy... Remember you're on two wheels. But I definitely feel you, people simply don't realize what a weapon a car is and if I could drop a grenade under some people's cars I'd love to. Stay alert and be happy they didn't put you in the hospital, I've been there too.
Pretty much guarantee that will never happen to a typical Harley guy.

As for solution:

Carry a bag of marbles..power past and spill them beans short of speak
Old 08-14-2008, 04:21 PM
SuperSport

swordfish is an unknown quantity at this point
pennies work good too.
Old 08-14-2008, 04:23 PM
MotoGP

nuhawk is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by captainchaos
I think this is very good advice. Anybody that tries to pick a fight while on a bike is eventually going to find a taker. I hear the stories about the kicked in doors and the mirrors taken off "meat-clever" style with the hidden rod. Best thing is drive away from them and forget it.
Old 08-14-2008, 04:32 PM
SuperBike

RCVTR is an unknown quantity at this point
Agreed.

It seems so obvious to me that I can hardly believe there's a discussion.

Bikes are notoriously hard to see. Everybody drives like maniacs.

Assume you can't be seen when in traffic. Then get out of the friggin' traffic and go ride. Riding in traffic is dangerous.
Old 08-14-2008, 04:52 PM
Crash
Superstock

COLE is on a distinguished road
pop wheelie passin em, set it down, flip em off after u pass em' as take off
Old 08-14-2008, 05:01 PM
MSF RiderCoach
Back Marker

radbikers is on a distinguished road
I have a much better solution now. I bought "yellow cards", which are 1"x2" magnetic cards (like soft refrigerator magnet cards), pre-printed with a polite, yet firm lecture about drivers that endanger bikers with their thoughtless driving...etc. Whenever some cage driver does something stupid like try to run me off the road, I take one of these out and toss it onto their car. They're great!
Old 08-15-2008, 08:00 AM
AZ RIDER
Superstock

Hey , i have an idea, we can all carry that leather gay Harley tassle with a pad-lock at the end hung from our bar end to whip across people windshields.. Seriously.. how many harley **** have ever really used that to whip a windshield...