Fuel overflow?

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2007, 09:02 AM
Engorged Member
Squid

FatHawk is on a distinguished road
Fuel overflow?

Hey guy's

Since it's been getting hotter, I've noticed a lot of fluid leaking from what I assume is the fuel tank overflow hose at the bottom left of the bike. The funny thing is the fluid only veeeery faintly smells of gas. It's clear, almost like a small amount of gas mixed with water. It does stain my driveway like oil, too thin to be oil though. I don't think it's coolant, I could be wrong though.....I often am It only really started doing this alot since after I crashed.

Issue? Non-Issue? What say the experts.
Old 07-11-2007, 10:30 AM
Administrator
World Champion

Hawkrider will become famous soon enoughHawkrider will become famous soon enough
Have you been leaving the bike out in the rain?
Old 07-11-2007, 11:23 AM
Engorged Member
Squid

FatHawk is on a distinguished road
I leave it out every once in a awhile. It's the only way it gets clean j/k. Could that just be rain draining from the fuel bezel?
Old 03-13-2008, 11:00 PM
mildly retarded
SuperBike

j shizzy wizzy is on a distinguished road
Exclamation please tell me you found the problem!!

this is exactly what happened to me after a small crash! did yoiu find out what the fluid was!? please let me know!

-justin

Originally Posted by FatHawk
Hey guy's

Since it's been getting hotter, I've noticed a lot of fluid leaking from what I assume is the fuel tank overflow hose at the bottom left of the bike. The funny thing is the fluid only veeeery faintly smells of gas. It's clear, almost like a small amount of gas mixed with water. It does stain my driveway like oil, too thin to be oil though. I don't think it's coolant, I could be wrong though.....I often am It only really started doing this alot since after I crashed.

Issue? Non-Issue? What say the experts.
Old 03-14-2008, 12:11 PM
Squid

VTRBandit is on a distinguished road
I've been having a coolant leak off and on (only after a spirited ride) but it only leaked while the bike was hott and the coolant was moving (so I think I have a bad thermo). BUT there was a couple of days that my garage got filled with a gas odor and sure enough, it was right underneath the SHawk. I couldn't quite find where it was coming from but I shut the petcock off and left it for a few weeks (was in the process of moving). I tore the petcock down and cleaned it up real pretty like then re installed her. Haven't had a problem yet!
Old 03-14-2008, 01:05 PM
mildly retarded
SuperBike

j shizzy wizzy is on a distinguished road
i've been thinking its the petcock...i'll clean that out soon and see if that works. thanks for the input!