SuperHawk Forum

SuperHawk Forum (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/)
-   General Discussion (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/general-discussion-30/)
-   -   Factory Pro +4 ignition advance rotor for...? (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/general-discussion-30/factory-pro-4-ignition-advance-rotor-33231/)

CruxGNZ 05-30-2015 08:26 AM

Factory Pro +4 ignition advance rotor for...?

2 Attachment(s)
Because of my engine build, I can't use this Factory Pro +4 ignition advance rotor anymore. I wondered if anyone here with access to the right machines might want to take on making a couple dozen of these, or however many to make it profitable. Or heck, maybe scan it and make the data available.

Just thought I would throw it out there.

Attachment 22016
Attachment 22017

NZSpokes 05-30-2015 12:29 PM

Dibs!

If you put one on top of the other, do the inner teeth line up? I would doubt it but at a long shot could you not just file another flat?

CruxGNZ 05-30-2015 01:02 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by NZSpokes (Post 386745)
Dibs!

If you put one on top of the other, do the inner teeth line up? I would doubt it but at a long shot could you not just file another flat?

Here's a shot of the inner teeth lined up. You can see how the FP rotor is slightly different than stock.

Attachment 22012

I'm not sure what you mean by your comment of filing another flat.

I removed this FP rotor, because I'm installing Webcams (grind #189), JE 11.5:1 pistons and ported heads in my engine. With other engine builds like this, it was recommended that the FP rotor be removed, because of too much advance. So, I swapped back to a stock rotor.

No calling dibs yet. Not sure what I'm doing with it in the future ;)

xeris 05-31-2015 06:49 AM

Was it the second gen VTRs that did not benifit from the FP 4* advancer? Or some other mid year production change?

CruxGNZ 05-31-2015 08:58 AM

Originally Posted by xeris (Post 386764)
Was it the second gen VTRs that did not benifit from the FP 4* advancer? Or some other mid year production change?

There was a really informative discussion on this topic...here.

And to make things interesting, check out post #13...here. So, you might have purchased an ignition advance rotor, but your engine is not being advanced at all.

ren 05-31-2015 09:50 AM

I am great with CAD design in Solidworks and could draw a model of it that can be used to make blueprints for a machine shop

Looks like it is stamped possibly, could be hard to replicate to be honest

Braymond 04-24-2016 11:08 PM

Has anyone tried cutting out the center of a stock gear, spin it 4 degrees, and then welding it back together?

I just ordered 4 of the stock pieces from Partzilla. They're only about $7 each. I figure I can experiment a little.

Bill
Annapolis, MD

CruxGNZ 04-25-2016 05:00 AM

I have several of the stockers laying around too. Never thought about cutting and welding the stock one. One thing to note, I am not sure you can just cut it and rotate it 4 degrees. But now you have me curious. I will look on the Factory Pro gear and see how far it is rotated compared to stock. It wouldn't be very hard to cut the center out with a hole saw and then tig weld it back together.

Pidge 04-25-2016 05:14 AM

Originally Posted by Braymond (Post 395249)
Has anyone tried cutting out the center of a stock gear, spin it 4 degrees, and then welding it back together?

I just ordered 4 of the stock pieces from Partzilla. They're only about $7 each. I figure I can experiment a little.

Bill
Annapolis, MD

I count 25 splines so if shifted by 1 tooth timing would change by 360/5= 14.4 degrees.

kenmoore 04-25-2016 05:16 AM

Crux,

Please explain what mysteries lurk in your new engine that facilitates removal of the ignition advancer!

Just curious of course.

CruxGNZ 04-25-2016 06:40 AM

Originally Posted by kenmoore (Post 395253)
Crux,

Please explain what mysteries lurk in your new engine that facilitates removal of the ignition advancer!

Just curious of course.

I haven't removed the ignition rotor. With my new engine build, I just replaced the Factory Pro part with the stock part. I read that it isn't a good idea to run these cams and high compression pistons with the ignition advanced.

Concerning cutting and welding the stock rotor, it's four degrees of crankshaft rotation.

Hangfly 04-25-2016 11:35 AM

Here is a photo of mine with part numbers.
The seller of my current VTR said "Oh yeah, I have this too.Never did install it."
I think I will hang on to it for now.
http://i934.photobucket.com/albums/a...s/image_1.jpeg

Fastguy59 04-25-2016 04:25 PM

I'm toying with the idea of contacting one of my pals who used to work for HRC and trying to obtain the mapping data for the ECU and using that to have mine flashed locally. The initial advance of 4 degrees works really well, but needs to be retarded back to stock or maybe even slightly below stock above say 4,500rpm. A fixed mechanical advancer can't do that...

CruxGNZ 04-25-2016 05:16 PM

If that falls through, I have a HRC unit that you can copy the data from. Just as long as it doesn't get erased, I don't mind helping out.

*In fact, isn't there a company that does a custom tune to your ICU? I am pretty sure there is a thread on here about this.

*I appologize if any of the above information is incorrect. I just had two small surgeries and I'm tripping balls on pain killers.

Braymond 04-25-2016 10:53 PM

If there's a thread here on ICU/ECU tuning/re-flashing I can't find it.

Bill
Annapolis, MD

Stephan 04-26-2016 12:47 AM

Originally Posted by Braymond (Post 395283)
If there's a thread here on ICU/ECU tuning/re-flashing I can't find it.

Bill
Annapolis, MD

something is written here, starting on page 4 in the middle by MK_WF.
www.vtr1000.org ? View topic - Red storm dyno - hp on engine

In short, you can just buy Ignitech unit with stock map for VTR1000F, and do whatever map you want. FP 4 deg advancer is a bit outdated technology ... :-)

E.Marquez 04-26-2016 06:31 AM

Originally Posted by Stephan (Post 395284)
something is written here, starting on page 4 in the middle by MK_WF.
www.vtr1000.org ? View topic - Red storm dyno - hp on engine

In short, you can just buy Ignitech unit with stock map for VTR1000F, and do whatever map you want. FP 4 deg advancer is a bit outdated technology ... :-)

Stephan
which Ignitech did you buy and use?

Do you have a part number for the specific one that was plug and play?
programmable ignition units
SPARKER TCIP4 (standard) $141
SPARKER TCIP4 (full version) $149
SPARKER HONDA TCI $145
SPARKER RACING 3 $217
SPARKER DC-CDI-P $154
SPARKER DC-CDI-P1 race $162
SPARKER DC-CDI-P2 $162
PARKER DC-CDI-P2 RACE $192
Prices for any of them are reasonable, so Im only concerned with getting the right box.

Thanks

Stephan 04-26-2016 06:44 AM

Erik: I bought TCIP4 (standard) specified for Honda VTR1000F. There was preload stock map, and the same connector as on original CDI. Just plug and play. Then you need USB to serial adapter that is working (with FTDI chip) and connect it with computer. Nothing really difficult.

E.Marquez 04-26-2016 06:57 AM

Originally Posted by Stephan (Post 395290)
Erik: I bought TCIP4 (standard) specified for Honda VTR1000F. There was preload stock map, and the same connector as on original CDI. Just plug and play. Then you need USB to serial adapter that is working (with FTDI chip) and connect it with computer. Nothing really difficult.

Outstanding, thank you.
Seeing as this is a better option then the unavailable advancer at only slightly more $$..what the heck

Email sent to order, now I wait for a reply :D

skokievtr 05-04-2016 08:54 PM

Crux, I PM'd you.

Call me tomorrow...

CruxGNZ 05-05-2016 12:02 AM

Originally Posted by skokievtr (Post 395499)
Crux, I PM'd you.

Call me tomorrow...

Oops. I replied to your PM before I saw this.

xeris 06-01-2016 06:47 AM

Originally Posted by E.Marquez (Post 395291)
Outstanding, thank you.
Seeing as this is a better option then the unavailable advancer at only slightly more $$..what the heck

Email sent to order, now I wait for a reply :D

Did you get a response to your inquiry? If so will you provide me with the email that you used. I am not able to find more than the description page for the TCIP4. Thanks in advance.

E.Marquez 06-06-2016 06:00 AM

Originally Posted by xeris (Post 396600)
Did you get a response to your inquiry? If so will you provide me with the email that you used. I am not able to find more than the description page for the TCIP4. Thanks in advance.

Hello,

Has original unit 16 or 22 pin connector ?
We can offer programmable unit TCIP4 standard with connector adapter.

unit TCIP4 standard 141 USD
connector adapter 21 USD
Freightage DHL 52 USD

Useful accessories is USB/COM cable for connection to PC 15 USD

Payment method is card payment or PayPal.
Should we send invoice to you ?
We will also need to know your phone number for forwarder.

Regards.

Jiri Krejzl
IGNITECH

xeris 06-06-2016 08:59 AM

Originally Posted by E.Marquez (Post 396693)
Hello,

Has original unit 16 or 22 pin connector ?
We can offer programmable unit TCIP4 standard with connector adapter.

unit TCIP4 standard 141 USD
connector adapter 21 USD
Freightage DHL 52 USD

Useful accessories is USB/COM cable for connection to PC 15 USD

Payment method is card payment or PayPal.
Should we send invoice to you ?
We will also need to know your phone number for forwarder.

Regards.

Jiri Krejzl
IGNITECH

Thanks,
I turned my brain on and easily found the full web site.

Fastguy59 06-12-2016 03:36 PM

Programmable ECU

Originally Posted by xeris (Post 396697)
Thanks,
I turned my brain on and easily found the full web site.

So has anyone actually bought and programmed one of these ECU's. If so did you do the programming while on a dyno to measure the results of changing the ignition advance/return curve?

Mallebollia 08-10-2023 03:06 AM

Originally Posted by Fastguy59 (Post 395268)
I'm toying with the idea of contacting one of my pals who used to work for HRC and trying to obtain the mapping data for the ECU and using that to have mine flashed locally. The initial advance of 4 degrees works really well, but needs to be retarded back to stock or maybe even slightly below stock above say 4,500rpm. A fixed mechanical advancer can't do that...

Have you been sucessfully with obtaining the Data?

Anyone got their fingers on the original Honda mappnig?