General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

Everyone Falling to the Right?

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2007, 12:39 PM
Back Marker

NovaWildcat08
Everyone Falling to the Right?

I was browsing eBay this afternoon and I noticed that everyone is selling right side fairings. There are three right fairings I saw for sale and not one left. Am I missing some thing or does everyone dump their bike to the right?

My left side is scratched up from a night I spent at a girls place. By the time I got out of bed it was like 90 degrees and my kickstand had apparently sunk 3 inches before the bike tipped over. That was the last time I went anywhere without a kickstand plate.
Old 10-11-2007, 12:48 PM
Minimal Post
Back Marker

Josh is an unknown quantity at this point
So it should be that they are all falling to the left since people are selling good right side fairings right?
Old 10-11-2007, 01:53 PM
i support twins
Superstock

BlackHawk996 is on a distinguished road
+1 if right is being sold left is 187
Old 10-11-2007, 03:08 PM
Back Marker
Back Marker

PJay is on a distinguished road
My observation from both motorcycle and pedal cycle racing is that right-handed people turn better to the left, left-handed people turn better to the right. (A very useful snippet, this, if you carry it from strolling around the pits observing people to then competing against them on track - I have benefited several times.)

If that observation is correct, then it has a corollary that right-handed people would have more trouble going right and therefore would tend to crash on to that side.

Therefore the majority being right-handed, more RHS gravel rash on bikes.

Specious, I think.

There are lots of other factors: here in New Zealand, we drive on the LHS of the road. There is a lot of LHS damage to bikes, as people tend to run off their own side of the road.
Old 10-13-2007, 01:51 PM
SuperSport
SuperSport

gboezio is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by PJay
My observation from both motorcycle and pedal cycle racing is that right-handed people turn better to the left, left-handed people turn better to the right.
That would make sense, I am definitely meaner turning to the left than to the right, I back off the throttle some bits during right high speed turns.
I would definitely lowside while turning left.
I'm right handed, that would be visible on the pegs wear
Old 10-13-2007, 03:13 PM
Back Marker

fundgh is on a distinguished road
The track where I ride has 10 left turns and 4 right turns. I lowsided turning left, I turn better to the left (probably causing me to push it a little harder), and if I were to sell the parts that weren't damaged, I would be selling parts off of the right side. Go figure!