General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

Enough already!

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2014, 10:45 PM
MotoGP

smokinjoe73 is on a distinguished road
Enough already!

Really?

Another ride home that my dash ambient thermo says 13F and drops to 9F by the time I get home?

Thankful that I still get to ride, but sure wouldn't mind even some 40s.
Old 02-28-2014, 05:57 AM
SuperBike

NHSH is on a distinguished road
Wait Joe, seems like it's not over yet, aren't we getting another snow storm this weekend...WTF... I think we got enough of the Alaskan weather here, nothing against Alaska, I have allot of respect to the state members, but I really had enough this year!!!
And Joe, I respect your determination bro'
Old 02-28-2014, 06:09 AM
Thread Killer
SuperBike

VTR1000F is on a distinguished road
My wife and I are from Illinois. We chose to live in Illinois to raise our children near family. We are idiots. Stupid kids.
Old 02-28-2014, 06:22 AM
Back Marker

scooter72 is on a distinguished road
I feel your pain....where I live, according to the weather service, we've had 74 days where the daytime temps have been below -30C this year and 50% more snowfall than normal. Now they are saying it's going to be "a colder than normal March" too. Sucks man...doesn't help its supposed to be -49C with the wind here tonight as well. I'm getting tired of sitting on my bike in a garage, as it collects dust and I dream of warm weather...sigh.
Old 02-28-2014, 06:22 AM
SuperBike

Originally Posted by VTR1000F
My wife and I are from Illinois. We chose to live in Illinois to raise our children near family. We are idiots. Stupid kids.
With the added wind factor, yea man.... chill to the bone.
Old 02-28-2014, 06:42 AM
Well take off, eh.
SuperBike

Jack Flash is on a distinguished road
Wiarton Willie, the King of the Groundhogs was found dead from an apparent self-inflicted gunshot wound after predicting an early spring.

LYING LITTLE BASTARD!.....
Old 02-28-2014, 07:01 AM
SuperBike

Originally Posted by scooter72
I feel your pain....where I live, according to the weather service, we've had 74 days where the daytime temps have been below -30C this year and 50% more snowfall than normal. Now they are saying it's going to be "a colder than normal March" too. Sucks man...doesn't help its supposed to be -49C with the wind here tonight as well. I'm getting tired of sitting on my bike in a garage, as it collects dust and I dream of warm weather...sigh.
Out most respect to you living in this very cold place, heard allot about how cold it gets there from my brother in Toronto ;-)
Old 02-28-2014, 07:12 AM
Back Marker

scooter72 is on a distinguished road
Ha!!!! Toronto.....that city makes people laugh around here....they get -30 for a couple days and they act like its the beginning of the Armageddon...for us its just another usual day between November and February
Old 02-28-2014, 07:19 AM
SuperBike

Originally Posted by scooter72
Ha!!!! Toronto.....that city makes people laugh around here....they get -30 for a couple days and they act like its the beginning of the Armageddon...for us its just another usual day between November and February
:-))) well you know, as the cultural center of urban Canada you also get all the complainers as a package deal ;-)
Old 02-28-2014, 07:43 AM
Back Marker

brothermike is on a distinguished road
I do'nt want to ride when it get's below 50. What a whimp I am.
Old 02-28-2014, 08:00 AM
Superstock

insulinboy is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by brothermike
I do'nt want to ride when it get's below 50. What a whimp I am.
I'm the same way.. it was 50 yesterday when I went to my dr. appointment but the sun was going down so I took the truck instead of one of the bikes.. I even had the heat on in both directions :O
Old 02-28-2014, 10:13 AM
Superstock

FTL900 is on a distinguished road
Yep, that's me. Card-carrying fair weather rider.

Old 02-28-2014, 10:50 AM
Rex Kramer-Thrill Seeker
SuperBike

CruxGNZ is on a distinguished road
Riding in this weather just wouldn't be fun for me after the first few times of doing it. Once the "fun" wore off, no way man. I really don't know how Joe does it.

On another note, if it was in the single digits and I had my truck next to my bike, I would take the truck. Mostly, because I can't fit 10' lengths of spiral duct in varying diameters, unistrut and tools inside my backpack. I tried once on the bike by shoving one end of the pipe into my backpack and duct taping as high as I could onto my upper torso, but was eventually taken out by a low bridge going about 40mph. Try explaining that one to the cops!
I sure hope nobody thinks I'm being serious
Old 02-28-2014, 12:46 PM
MotoGP

Wolverine is on a distinguished road
Found a picture of Joe..

Old 02-28-2014, 12:57 PM
SuperSport

nnjhawk02 is an unknown quantity at this point
Thats a funny pic.

And Scooter U Canucks are a hardy lot, God Bless ya.

I guess MB folks hit Az for warmer weather?

Do like the Eastern pov. and hit Dominican Republic - no rules, loose women, moto riding - no tolls for motos on the hiways. Beaches & did I mention loose women

While freezing in Pa - I be dreaming...

Last edited by nnjhawk02; 02-28-2014 at 12:59 PM.
Old 02-28-2014, 04:06 PM
Rex Kramer-Thrill Seeker
SuperBike

Originally Posted by nnjhawk02
Do like the Eastern pov. and hit Dominican Republic - no rules, loose women, moto riding...
I had the chance to go there for a vacation around 2001-2002. Absolutely worth it! I won't get into what we did for most of the time there, but one of the most fun things we did was rent what the people there call "funny bikes". They're just four wheelers, quads, ect. It was a trip through most of the island that involved some serious off roading (only if you wanted to though) and then we would stop at places and talk to the locals. One stop, we got to see exactly how local coffee was made. Out in the middle of nowhere, this old lady had a little shack (it was a dump and that's being nice), maybe 10'x10" and she ground these beans and made coffee for about 18 of us. Some of the best coffee I ever had. It was cool listening to stories from the people there. Man, when the trip was over, some of us were covered head to toe in mud. The off roading was super fun! Some of the funny bikes had some decent power, which made things all the more fun that day.

On a side note, if somebody does go there, DO NOT go wandering off. Stay where tourists are supposed to stay.
Old 03-01-2014, 04:15 AM
SuperSport

nnjhawk02 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by CruxGNZ
On a side note, if somebody does go there, DO NOT go wandering off. Stay where tourists are supposed to stay.
That's a negative on that last transmission Smokey.

I've been going to DR for 8 years, sometimes more than once a year. Granted I'm a bit different as I grew up running the NYC streets, before Rudy cleaned it up & turned Times Square into Disney North.

I've been to a lot of places - no Punta Cana, cause the only fat white people I want to see is myself!

99% of Dominicans are awesome people - (note there are ******** in every culture). I've NEVER had a problem or felt that I would. And I've never stayed in an all inclusive.

I think DR is one of the safest islands in the Caribbean.

If U want a cheap vaca with direct flights from most of the Eastern US/Canaduh, great beaches this is the place. Even with the high cost of air travel, one could get away to DR for 5 or 6 daze and spend less than $1500. All In.

And believe me - When I go there its like a rock show party!

And its Jeff approved

Name:  spicolititle-new.jpg
Views: 147
Size:  31.8 KB
Old 03-01-2014, 11:15 AM
Rex Kramer-Thrill Seeker
SuperBike

Individual results may vary...

A few buddies of mine and I decided to explore while in the city. On the outskirts, we walked upon a couple dozen guys holding AK-47's and bats. They were yelling at us in Spanish, but none of us spoke it. With thier body language and tone of thier voices, I'm pretty sure they weren't inviting us to play a shirts and skins football game. I spent 10 days there and this was the only bad situation we got into.
This was 12-13 years ago remember. I was just trying to give a heads up. Maybe times are different there. If someone said right now, pack up and lets go to the D.R., I would say, Hell Yes! Great place to go for a vacation.

EDIT: I'm not a puss, but when someone points a gun barrel at you and yells in a language you can't understand, you about face and leave.

Honestly, the layover in Miami was the worst part of the trip.

Last edited by CruxGNZ; 03-01-2014 at 11:27 AM. Reason: Addin' info yo