General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

eBay exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2013, 07:54 PM
Squid

ScottinLa is on a distinguished road
eBay exhaust

Hello fellow superhawk lovers. I'm new to the forum and asked for some assistance in the technical forum but while I'm at it I figured I'd give a little back. I got some cans off eBay from one of these Chinese import suppliers and I must say I still love em. I've had them for nearly two years and have run great with no other mods, sound really loud and mean. Probably cut a good 20 or more pounds off of the bike. Reason I got them is because I wanted people to hear me for safety reasons (people drive bad around here). They definitely did the trick and for a little over 100 bucks they were well worth the money.
Old 10-04-2013, 10:10 PM
SuperSport

jerryh is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by ScottinLa
Hello fellow superhawk lovers. I'm new to the forum and asked for some assistance in the technical forum but while I'm at it I figured I'd give a little back. I got some cans off eBay from one of these Chinese import suppliers and I must say I still love em. I've had them for nearly two years and have run great with no other mods, sound really loud and mean. Probably cut a good 20 or more pounds off of the bike. Reason I got them is because I wanted people to hear me for safety reasons (people drive bad around here). They definitely did the trick and for a little over 100 bucks they were well worth the money.
Usually hear gripes only, especially about Chinese made goods. I've had lots of great experience with their stuff. Do you remember the brand?
Old 10-05-2013, 06:38 AM
Squid

ChikinLady1011 is on a distinguished road
that's great to hear! What brand? I'm in the market as I have a set of Danmoto Carbon GP's with less than 3,000 mi on them and the carbon is discoloring and they WILL NOT warranty them, so I'll be switching brands before too long. Thanks in advance!
Old 10-05-2013, 08:48 PM
Squid

99Shawk is on a distinguished road
Ive been really curious about those ebay cans as well, You cant really beat the price, but maybe im just a sucker for well known systems. The "Made in China" label always turns me away. Let alone the risk of them getting stuck in customs. Id like to know what brand too... I might pull the trigger on a system as well

Last edited by 99Shawk; 10-06-2013 at 09:38 AM.
Old 10-18-2013, 09:25 AM
Squid

SpeedieGTI is on a distinguished road
sub'd for more info.
Old 10-18-2013, 09:54 AM
MotoGP

7moore7 is on a distinguished road
I have Danmoto titanium GP cans. Quality-wise they are great for the price and very light weight. The hanger rubber is a little sloppy and the fasteners are aesthetically a little large, but functionally they work fine and I haven't had any mechanical issues. They are very loud for my taste (because of their small size), and I would say that most of the other brands have a much better sound. I suspect also because of the small size I will need to re-pack them more often, but time will tell there.

For new slip-ons on a budget I wouldn't hesitate to buy them again, but if I had double the money it would be worth it for some two-bros, leo vince, etc.
Old 10-18-2013, 02:32 PM
Superstock

VTRDarren
Speaking of eBay exhaust, I just hit Buy It Now for a set of HIGH mOunt Jardines on eBay, totaled $218 shipped. Some scratches and a ding or two on the polished aluminum cans, but for a track only build I don't mind.
Old 10-18-2013, 05:55 PM
evil man of nothing
MotoGP

captainchaos is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by VTRDarren
Speaking of eBay exhaust, I just hit Buy It Now for a set of HIGH mOunt Jardines on eBay, totaled $218 shipped. Some scratches and a ding or two on the polished aluminum cans, but for a track only build I don't mind.
Saw those but the endcap on one was pretty trashed. Over $90 for a new one from Supertra..uhh..Jardine turned me off. OUCH. Still not a bad deal though.
Old 10-19-2013, 06:32 AM
Squid

What do you guys think of the GPR exhausts on Ebay?
Old 10-19-2013, 07:49 AM
Superstock

VTRDarren
Originally Posted by captainchaos
Saw those but the endcap on one was pretty trashed. Over $90 for a new one from Supertra..uhh..Jardine turned me off. OUCH. Still not a bad deal though.
Yah' agreed that the condition was a turnoff, but I do have a couple riding buds that own or work at machine shops so I may have some options. The beat up vtr I picked up did come with two brothers slipons, so hopefully the high pipe connectors will be similar diameter.
Old 10-19-2013, 07:51 AM
Superstock

VTRDarren
Originally Posted by SpeedieGTI
What do you guys think of the GPR exhausts on Ebay?
The gpr's look nice and a decent price to boot. I don't have any first hand experience with them though.
Old 10-19-2013, 01:05 PM
SuperBike

kenmoore is on a distinguished road
I have friends with GPR pipes on a variety of bikes and they are good.

There have been no problems to date.

They are well made and finished and are still looking good as new.
Old 10-19-2013, 02:59 PM
Squid

Thanks guys! GPR sounds like a great option for a decent price.
Old 10-24-2013, 10:39 AM
Squid

99Shawk is on a distinguished road
GPR's are the italian ones out there right? As for those Jardines, good buy. I was eyeing those for a good while too