General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

Do "WE" know , Who's bike ????????

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2013, 06:06 PM
SuperSport

1971allchaos is on a distinguished road
Do "WE" know , Who's bike ????????

Morwaki / Hrc Superhawk Race Project
I have a project that I have been working on for a few years. Searching all over the world for the components I was looking for. Most were the last ones made. It started with a 1998 VTR, frame stripped, boxed as per Morwaki specs, swingarm braced and both powder coated flat black,
900RR forks with Race Tech valves and springs
Marchesini magnesium race front wheel 3.5
EBC Pro Lite disc
Tikiko 6 piston calipers
New Michelin slick
Vortex top tripple
Heli Bars
Ohlins rear shock
HRC rear master cylinder reservoir
Marchesini floating rear disc
Yamaha R1 rear caliper
Marchesini 6" rear magnesiun wheel
New rear Michelin slick
Flow Commander
Stage III jet kit with titanium needles
Moriwaki Stage III cams
Moriwaki Valve Springs with Titanium retainers
Moriwaki Oversize stainless valves
HRC Clutch springs
HRC Ignition Module
HRC Close Ratio Transmission
V-TWO HC Pistons
New crank and rod bearings
( All new parts have been coated by Performance Coatings)
Graves fairing mount
Two Brothers Aluminum full system
Factory Kavlar Clutch
Electric shifter
Daytona steering damper
new Tach
braided lines
adjustable rear sets
Extra, frame, wheels, forks, engine, tank and more.

Needs copper head gaskets, and needs attention to the cam carriers because of the high lift cams, other wise very minor stuff that needs to be done. Things came up that I need to sell it before I finish it.

Attached Images
Old 01-07-2013, 07:31 PM
SuperSport

Dude ! ! No - I did a Google search (Superhawk) and this came up under images, anyway- it is part of a thread on Speedzilla.com
And I said the same thing you did... I would be showing the bike to the curves...
""AS"" specified..
Who knows "WHO" owns the bird????
Old 01-08-2013, 05:45 AM
MotoGP

mikstr is on a distinguished road
It was for sale a while back (2-3 years ago). Not sure who bought it or what happened with it. Would be nice to know though.....
Old 02-01-2013, 01:17 PM
ole dirty bastard
SuperSport

hawxter996 is an unknown quantity at this point
I questioned why the pics didnt match description.
he was gone,never heard from again.
Old 02-01-2013, 04:13 PM
MotoGP

smokinjoe73 is on a distinguished road
You wouldnt like that bike on the "curves". Its racetrack only. A well set up race bike feel terrible til 7/8ths of race pace. Unless you are John Mcguiness you wouldt be coming close.
Old 02-02-2013, 12:47 AM
Out of my mind, back in 5
MotoGP

Tweety is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by smokinjoe73
You wouldnt like that bike on the "curves". Its racetrack only. A well set up race bike feel terrible til 7/8ths of race pace. Unless you are John Mcguiness you wouldt be coming close.
I know that feeling very well... I have been out on quite a few racebikes, well set up and otherwise... A couple of them I have been able to ride at a comfortable pace, but with most of them I had to focus and switch on the "race brain" and push for them to feel comfortable... And with a couple of them I had to really push hard to get to a pace where the bike felt "settled in"...

The one bike I really couldn't get to grips with, and never really felt comfortable on, even though I did get it up to speeds, just barely, where it started to feel planted, was the one race-ready GP500 two stroke bike I had the opportunity to ride... The fact that I obliterated the track record for that track, (short narrow and twisty) while I was still struggling to unwind that monster on the short straights and battled it through every corner, slipping and sliding and protesting, say less about my riding abilities than it does about the bike, I was pushing well out of my comfort zone, and well into dangerous territory... That thing was a nasty tempered, murderous beast that wanted nothing more than fling you at the scenery at the highest possible speed achievable...

As far as I know, nobody has as of yet been loonie enough to beat that record, even on newer, more potent and still less homocidal machines... According to most guys I know that potentially could do it (one of them regularily raced that bike), they prefer not to try... But damn, was it ever worth it... If I could ride that bike again, I'd say yes in a heartbeat, and be heading to the track two seconds later... But I'd probably do it on a different track, where I could at least unwind it completely...

On the other hand, I have ridden a couple very potent race bikes that with a click or two on the suspension settings could just as easily be ridden down to the local hangout... But those are rare...
Old 02-02-2013, 08:28 PM
MotoGP

Yeah tweety, I would be surprised if a racebike with no setup mods would ever be happy on a street.

Sounds like you know what fast is. I am amused watching track day guys (dressing up like racers) thinking they are 'flying' only to be told they are going 10-15 secs/lap slower than the expert/pros do on that bike.

My race/instructor bike at Loudon, NH is an EX500. On which I routinely lap the fast group track guys on gixr & cbr1000s more than once per session. Its priceless.

Heck when I got my race license I was a bonzai cbr600 street rider. Thought I was pretty good til race school.
Old 02-03-2013, 12:43 AM
MotoGP

Yeah tweety, I would be surprised if a racebike with no setup mods would ever be happy on a street.

Sounds like you know what fast is. I am amused watching track day guys (dressing up like racers) thinking they are 'flying' only to be told they are going 10-15 secs/lap slower than the expert/pros do on that bike.

My race/instructor bike at Loudon, NH is an EX500. On which I routinely lap the fast group track guys on gixr & cbr1000s more than once per session. Its priceless.

Heck when I got my race license I was a bonzai cbr600 street rider. Thought I was pretty good til race school.
Yep... I know what fast is... I have been on track with a couple of guys that are fast, on just about any bike there is to try... I'm half decent at best, not really that fast... I just make up for it by being a bit crazy...

I usually chase the trackday heroes on bigger bikes down on an SV650... The trick is to rarely touch the brakes, just keep it pinned all the way... They really don't like that very much...

My one claim to fame, and the single reason I ever won a race, ever... I have since I started racing, ridden hand-me-down bikes, on a shoestring budget, often with tires that others had discarded as used up... I usually qualified on the last millimeter of thread on a tire... So when race day came, and the others struggled halfway with used tires, I kept going... For me, it was entirely normal for the bike to slip and slide...

And if it didn't slip and slide, I just went faster, until it did...

Last edited by Tweety; 02-03-2013 at 12:45 AM.
Old 02-04-2013, 10:15 AM
MotoGP

Yeah, my "Jersey" bike is an sv650. You should see how mad the guys on 1198s get when they cant catch you. I think everyone gets their ego crushed when they first try to be a racer. That is the beauty of it. You dont know anything til you know you dont know anything (or learn how much there is to learn)
Old 02-05-2013, 02:41 AM
MotoGP

Yeah, my "Jersey" bike is an sv650. You should see how mad the guys on 1198s get when they cant catch you. I think everyone gets their ego crushed when they first try to be a racer. That is the beauty of it. You dont know anything til you know you dont know anything (or learn how much there is to learn)
They get even madder when you just lean it in and go inside them in a corner, without touching the brake much, once they blasted past you on the straight before...

Admittedly, I get a bit down when they guys still teaching me then leaves the braking til last minute and just sits behind my rear wheel on a old 250 two stroke on the inside line, following me past the big bike... I just know that in the next corner, it's me being passed like I was standing still...
Old 02-05-2013, 06:37 AM
MotoGP

(slight threadjack) One one notable race practice session, me & my friend/arch rival went out on the 500s. Diced our asses of at the 1:21ish times at NH. Later a guy came over laughing. He said he saw us go out and figured he'd chase us down, but we just disappeared into the distance.

He was riding a worked RC51! I was like, hey thats a twin, you shoulda caught us. He laughed even harder when he found out we were on bone stock 500s.
Old 02-05-2013, 06:56 AM
SuperSport

AAAhh, Smokin' -you ain't done noth(thread jack'n) this is the glory of the form.... Funny you mention 500cc.
I been riding the big twins. and have been putting an SV650 back to track use for a year now.. A friend of mine(7 WERA pro titles) was over at the shop. and saw my very first street bike -sitting out of the way -VF500F.
Mike(friend) says to me "There is the bike you need to work into a trackday bike... What fun that would be."
Old 02-05-2013, 07:03 AM
SuperBike

HRCA#1 is on a distinguished road
I think you would be disappointed, the SV is probably a better track day bike now days.
Old 02-05-2013, 07:03 AM
MotoGP

(slight threadjack) One one notable race practice session, me & my friend/arch rival went out on the 500s. Diced our asses of at the 1:21ish times at NH. Later a guy came over laughing. He said he saw us go out and figured he'd chase us down, but we just disappeared into the distance.

He was riding a worked RC51! I was like, hey thats a twin, you shoulda caught us. He laughed even harder when he found out we were on bone stock 500s.
I think we're past the "slight"...

Yeah, I have had lots of guys ask me what I have done to that SV engine... My usual reply is "changed the oil, why?" It has a GSXR fork, other than that it's about as stock as it can be... It's not about HP on a bike like that, it's about corner speed...

But dang it, when the guys on big bikes know how to ride their bike to the limit, it's not as much fun... Last track day I had a battle with a (AFAIK) bone stock 1098, and the guy wasn't much slower than me in the corners, but left me for dead on the straights... I had to make it up on corner entry... According to him, he was swearing in his helmet on every corner, when he glanced over his shoulder to find me creeping up on his rear wheel, looking for a gap...
Old 02-05-2013, 04:08 PM
SuperSport

HRCA, I know what you are saying... The SV has the 04'gsxr1k complete frontend(racetech spring) and a racetech rear shock. Got to put body work on it, and done..
The VF is ahhhh, well a learning curve, I think.