General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

DO I HAVE A CHANCE!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2008, 07:09 PM
Back Marker

chevy is on a distinguished road
i've thought about that but i don't wanna do wheelies that's not for me.........and the way i play with the throttle i would be scared with the stock arm
Old 12-18-2008, 08:27 AM
SuperBike

RCVTR is an unknown quantity at this point
It won't put you on your ***.

You'll be much happier with a stock swingarm, especially if you intend to sport ride, as it sounds like you do.

I'll reiterate:
Beware of the temptation to get pulled in over your head by faster riders. You need to develop your skills at your own pace. If you're tired, or just not feeling it, back off. You'll gain respect by showing restraint.
Old 12-18-2008, 12:32 PM
Superstock

rbrais is on a distinguished road
I would def get rid of the extended. Like I said, they are good for drag racing and the Blvd, but if you are looking to cruise on the back roads and just have a little fun the way the bike was designed to do, then that swing arm sucks.

I guess it's kind of like turning a Mustang into a limo; you may look cool pulling up to the club, but it won't be much fun to drive.
Old 12-18-2008, 07:03 PM
SuperSport

Hotbrakes is on a distinguished road
If the 2 of you "race" the winner will be the one that makes it the end, the loser will be on the ground. Going fast on the street is one thing, racing on the street will get you killed. Sure you can open them up at a stop light and see who wins up to a relatively safe speed.

You should win Chevy, the V twin in a beginner's hands is much easier to ride than a race replica I4 600. The only thing that may hurt you is that swingarm.

If you really want to win the race, take him to a curvey road that he's never ridden (key) and tell him its not that bad. At the beginning of the road stop and yell through your helmet "Keep up!". Get out of his sight and wait on the other side of that turn that is a little sharper than the others that sometimes has some gravel or sand in it (if none is present at the time of the race quickly dismount and kick some out). Your unknowing cousin will tear around the corner and either low side or hopefully a spectacular launching high side into some trees. Make sure the camera is ready too. Then dip out before the cops come, after all you were racing which is a felony in some states.
Old 12-19-2008, 07:14 PM
SuperSport

chickenstrip
IMHO, you are both too new to riding to be talking about dicing it up. Chill out and enjoy the two wheels below. Get some more miles and tutoring before pushing the ego out there.
Old 12-19-2008, 07:49 PM
Back Marker

Originally Posted by Hotbrakes
If the 2 of you "race" the winner will be the one that makes it the end, the loser will be on the ground. Going fast on the street is one thing, racing on the street will get you killed. Sure you can open them up at a stop light and see who wins up to a relatively safe speed.

You should win Chevy, the V twin in a beginner's hands is much easier to ride than a race replica I4 600. The only thing that may hurt you is that swingarm.

If you really want to win the race, take him to a curvey road that he's never ridden (key) and tell him its not that bad. At the beginning of the road stop and yell through your helmet "Keep up!". Get out of his sight and wait on the other side of that turn that is a little sharper than the others that sometimes has some gravel or sand in it (if none is present at the time of the race quickly dismount and kick some out). Your unknowing cousin will tear around the corner and either low side or hopefully a spectacular launching high side into some trees. Make sure the camera is ready too. Then dip out before the cops come, after all you were racing which is a felony in some states.

ur crazy
Old 12-20-2008, 10:14 AM
ATGATT
Superstock

newb007 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Hotbrakes

"how to kill a friend" by hotbrakes

I know, tongue in cheek hotbrakes. Chevy just go have a good ride with your buddy on your new bikes and have fun. Way more fun than racing any day.
Old 12-20-2008, 12:49 PM
Back Marker

that's about it..........just good ol fon