General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

Cursed Super Hawk

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2009, 07:27 PM
Squid

bdudemon is on a distinguished road
Angry Cursed Super Hawk

Anyone else own a cursed Superhawk?

Two months ago some idiot pulled out in front of my bike and had me doing the superman thing on the hood of their car. Thankfully the gear kept me from getting hurt. Some chick was test driving a used car on a nice quiet road. Damn, if they would just stop and turn their head before pulling out. I know it is a lot to ask. Kind of like asking them to put down the cell phone and pay attention to the road before they kill someone.

Well after 6 weeks I got the money from their insurance company. and what a royal pain that was. It seems if you ride a sport bike you are guilty until you prove your innocence. Long story with one moron cop and lots of lying but it end it ended well with the only 3rd party's witness's statement. The truth prevailed in the end. The lesson there, always get witnesses because people are complete liars. You should have seen the used car salesman that was in the car lying to the police officer. But then again you expect that from a used car salesman. Well that mess got straightened out and I got my 2003 SH fixed after two months and $3500 worth of repairs for a bike I paid $3200 for. Yes I like the bike and the engine that much. I'm 6' 7" and this is one of the few sport bikes that I'm comfortable on. Yes it isn't the fastest bike but I'm not looking to go that fast anyway. I like V twins.

Fast forward to today and the return of the curse...

Since getting the bike finally repaired last week this was the 2nd time I got to ride the bike in two months.

When leaving Starbucks this morning I got on my bike to find that my rear tire was flat. The good thing was that it went flat when stationary and not when going down the interstate at 85 mph. I found a small piece of glass in the tire. One tire $200 tire defeated by a 1/8" piece of glass

Bummer, I had 2/3 rds of the tread left on my rear Pilot Power tire. Well thankfully Cycle Gear was only about 2 blocks away. So I bought Pilot Road 2 tire because I think that Pilot power is just too soft for the simple riding I do and I thought heck the harder rubber might resist some of that road junk that seems to be everywhere here in FL. Try plugging one of those Pilot Power tires, it is really easy because the center of tire is so soft. Anyhow, I bought the new tire and left it at the store. I patched my old one and road it home. I fetched the new tire and returned home and mounted it. I then took a 3.5 mile ride around my residential neighborhood to test out the tire an ruff it up a bit at low speed before I took it the highway trip later in the day. After pulling the bike out of the garage that afternoon for my highway ride I saw I had a freaking nail in the brand new tire, what the $%#@$#@. No I don't keep nails in the garage, they stay in my shed away from my 3 bikes! And yes the hole it is blowing bubbles It makes you want to bitch slap all of those crap hauling contractors, you know the ones with all the junk falling of the back of truck beds. All I can say is thank God I bought the $25 road hazard policy they have there at Cycle Gear. I'm going to get replacement ASAP for free . So if you have a Cycle Gear around this is road hazard policy is a good deal considering how expensive these tires are. Any this is why I wanted to share this story

Sounds like a rare event right, well my friend has a Super Hawk also, and two years ago he had the same damn thing happen to his, but he got a whole 20 miles on his brand new tire before it caught a nail, lol. Only the third nail he has picked up on that bike. I think my Super Hawk got to close to his and caught the Super Hawk curse. Anyone have a Super Hawk here in FL I can transfer the curse it too?

I have 3 bikes and I've never picked up any tire killers on the other two. Maybe I've just been lucky so far or maybe those dual sport tires on my KLR650 and DL1000 VStrom aren't the junk magnets these sport bike tires are.

Anyone get less miles out of new tire?

Bdudemon
Old 08-08-2009, 08:06 PM
ole dirty bastard
SuperSport

hawxter996 is an unknown quantity at this point
oh yeah...was distracted by the wife while filling a brand new tire.....boom!
Old 08-08-2009, 09:43 PM
MotoGP

nuhawk is on a distinguished road
Now that's dedication!

Last edited by nuhawk; 08-08-2009 at 09:46 PM.
Old 08-08-2009, 10:59 PM
large member
Squid

afm528 is on a distinguished road
I know it can't be true, but I seem to have the same problem with my rear tires on my VTR. I can't ever remember getting a flat on any of my other bikes, but I've had to replace at least three rears due to screws and nails.

Like you, I went for the Cycle Gear replacement guarantee this time. Of course, now that I've spent the extra money, I probably won't ever need it...