General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

Could have been worse

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2011, 10:00 AM
Squid

CRSIGI is on a distinguished road
Could have been worse

Yesterday I was mad at my girlfriend so I decided to go for ride to have cheer up. I go out and its a nice day here in Phx. At first I'm just riding around on the streets but then, i decide to get on the freeway and I'm just riding normal and I'm not doing anything stupid. It gets dark so i decide I'm gonna go home already but then, a porche boxter come up next to me then just trys to take off then I get excited because since I've had the bike thats the first time someone tried to race me. So instead of going home I race the porche a few times and I win. The last time that we raced I took off so I'm about to hit 120 some where around there when I feel the front of the bike wobble a bit so I slow down( now I'm just wondering what it could be) now I decide to really go home. So I get off the freeway and I'm trying to turn at the intersection off the ramp and its hard. I dont get back on the freeway instead i stop at a gas station and I see my front tire is FLAT. I was glad nothing happen to me but at the same time I was like wtf how am I gonna get home I'm like 15 miles away from home. I air up the tire and and noticed air was coming out from where you put the air in right at the bottom. So I go inside the gas station and luckily they have crazy glue.Theno I start putting glue around it and then eventually I was able to air it up. so I'm going home back home on the freeway, I was driving around 60 to 65 speed limit was 65. Then I get something in my eye(my helmet does not have a visor and i broke my glasses and the gas station) I rub my eye of couple of time and behind me for about 2 or 3 miles was a cop and so he pulls me over cuz of my eyes. He pulls me over and he was pretty nice he gave me two tickets no license and no eye protection and he gave me about two months to pay the tickets. He told me i needed to get good eye protection(he said he was riding once and rock hit his glasses and shattered them) he also told me he was gonna cut me a break and not tow the bike. He gave me the tickets and told me to go home on the streets then on the way home its kind of raining and rain is hitting my face and it HURTS AND I also slow down to make sure I dont loose control of the bike. I finally get home and I'm relived I didnt crash and my bike didnt get towed.

I'm not gone ride the hawk till I get new tires, its gonna be a while got wait to pay the tickets.

Got one question for everyone. Would anyone try to runs from cops here?

Believe it or not I actually wouldn't.

Last edited by CRSIGI; 08-04-2011 at 10:06 AM.
Old 08-04-2011, 10:31 AM
ride it out
SuperSport

nothing is on a distinguished road
well I hope you got laid that night to cheer things up (again). tickets indeed suck, that's crappy to hear. on the other hand, you may have been better off getting the tow home (ha ha) no probably not but you have to be careful on 2 wheels. running isn't ever the smartest idea that's for sure, but typically if say I was to be riding with a larger group of bikes (typically I stay towards the front to prevent slow riding behind any 600s) I would absolutely speed up. and even better if he has to turn around and there are a bunch of folks behind you there is slim chance he'll get you. I think I heard a recent bill passed that is supposed to prevent police pursuits across the usa. could be wrong, though, and probably am. but if I were to be alone, it would depend on the circumstances: how fast I was going, how fast am I going now, how fast did the police turn around, night/day, area familiarity and I bet if the right conditions were met that I just mentioned I'd just continue on my [speedy] way.

any interaction with a cop could result in a death, just look at that fullerton CA situation! the cops are now the enemy ain't I sticking around to find out why I am resisting arrest.
Old 08-04-2011, 10:57 AM
SuperBike

Old Yeller is on a distinguished road
geez....sorry you had such a bad day of it, but you did excatly the right thing with the cops. There's no reason to risk life and limb just to try to get away from them.

Sounds like you just need a new valve stem to solve your flat tire problem as long as you didn't ruin it by riding flat. Easy enough to break the bead and pop a new one in.
Old 08-04-2011, 10:58 AM
MotoGP

7moore7 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by nothing
the cops are now the enemy ain't I sticking around to find out why I am resisting arrest.
lol
Old 08-04-2011, 12:33 PM
Back Marker

ninjagoalie is on a distinguished road
damn glad that the tire going down didn't cause you to lose it while you were racing the Porsche!!!
Old 08-04-2011, 12:40 PM
Superstock

pwshadow is on a distinguished road
I always wear a bracelet to remind me what to do in tough situations-WWGD.......What Would Ghostrider Do?
Old 08-04-2011, 01:07 PM
MotoGP

lazn is on a distinguished road
I wouldn't run from the cops in Phoenix, and eye protection isn't just a law.. it's smart.
Old 08-04-2011, 05:35 PM
MotoGP

Wolverine is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by lazn
and eye protection isn't just a law.. it's smart.
Well said.
Old 08-04-2011, 09:10 PM
Squid

lol I didn't get laid that night but today is a different story.
Oh and it was the stem valve.
I was wearing some glasses but when i got to the gas station I dropped them and stepped on them and so thats what happen to my eye protection.
Old 08-04-2011, 10:41 PM
Ditch Magnet
Squid

mput is on a distinguished road
I always carry a pair of ANSI rated saftey glasses under the seat for back up. About three bucks at home depot. Very handy when I get to deep into the ride and stay out to long with a tinted sheild. Broke a visor/coverplate 150 miles frome home in the dead of night. collided with a bat, furry brown flash then blind life saver that night. It's a felony to run from the law in TN so nope.
Old 08-05-2011, 12:46 AM
Squid

racer187x is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Old Yeller
geez....sorry you had such a bad day of it, but you did excatly the right thing with the cops. There's no reason to risk life and limb just to try to get away from them.
You would also be risking everybody's life, not just yours. Just pull over and deal with the consequences! You did the right thing for sure.

Glad things are better with your girl though!
Old 08-05-2011, 04:31 AM
SuperBike

uchi is on a distinguished road
hmm, who would run form the vcops, its wrong and immoral to do so

i stopped once this year and was treated like a piece of **** by the cop, treated me like a criminal, lectured me, etc, all for a license plate. that was on my hawk, i could have gotten away but i was going 5 kph over and didnt think i was doing anything wrong. on the new bike theyre gonna have to catch me and i guarantee the only way they catch me is if the bike runs out of gas, which on a 24 liter tank it wont, i crash, which may happen, or an electrical issue shuts the bike down, which is possible, lol. but after the poor treatment our local pd gave me they can suck a fart out of my ***.

as mentioned above, carry spare glasses in the trunk, im gonna start doing that, ive been caught at night time a few times with my dark shield, long day ride that goes into the evening and its tough seeing at night, and bugs and rocks generally hurt more without a shield and tend to find your eyes almost every time
Old 08-05-2011, 05:14 AM
Superstock

nekkid is on a distinguished road
Does anyone else think this forum might be turning into ****?
Old 08-05-2011, 06:17 AM
Back Marker

Tormoz is on a distinguished road
You can't make this stuff up.
Old 08-05-2011, 06:41 AM
Superstock

pwshadow is on a distinguished road
Red face

Originally Posted by uchi
hmm, who would run form the vcops, its wrong and immoral to do so

i stopped once this year and was treated like a piece of **** by the cop, treated me like a criminal, lectured me, etc, all for a license plate. that was on my hawk, i could have gotten away but i was going 5 kph over and didnt think i was doing anything wrong. on the new bike theyre gonna have to catch me and i guarantee the only way they catch me is if the bike runs out of gas, which on a 24 liter tank it wont, i crash, which may happen, or an electrical issue shuts the bike down, which is possible, lol. but after the poor treatment our local pd gave me they can suck a fart out of my ***.

as mentioned above, carry spare glasses in the trunk, im gonna start doing that, ive been caught at night time a few times with my dark shield, long day ride that goes into the evening and its tough seeing at night, and bugs and rocks generally hurt more without a shield and tend to find your eyes almost every time
Whats your new bike?
Old 08-05-2011, 08:00 AM
Deus vult!
Back Marker

Mr Toad is on a distinguished road
So many red flags in the above story. Don't become a statistic.
Old 08-05-2011, 08:38 AM
Squid

I'm gonna start keeping an extra pair for an emergency
Old 08-05-2011, 10:34 AM
SuperBike

cliby is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by nekkid
Does anyone else think this forum might be turning into ****?

I hate to be an old fart, but +1

CRSIGI, I don't doubt your a great guy but man there is nothing in your post to indicate you have enough common sense to be on a bike, for long at least. good luck.

'going for a ride cause your mad at your GF.
Racing a boxster at nite, without a license, I'm assuming this means without bike insurance also
Flatting, apparently gluing a stem leak and riding it home
No eye protection
wondering if its smart to run from the cops

you don't have to learn every lesson the hard way
Old 08-05-2011, 11:33 AM
Banned
MotoGP

8541Hawk will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by cliby
I hate to be an old fart, but +1

CRSIGI, I don't doubt your a great guy but man there is nothing in your post to indicate you have enough common sense to be on a bike, for long at least. good luck.

'going for a ride cause your mad at your GF.
Racing a boxster at nite, without a license, I'm assuming this means without bike insurance also
Flatting, apparently gluing a stem leak and riding it home
No eye protection
wondering if its smart to run from the cops

you don't have to learn every lesson the hard way
Another +1...... guess I'm part of the Old Farts club but the original post is just full of Fail......

Riding 'cuz your pissed...... Fail

Racing a car in a straight line.... anytime...... any monkey can twist the throttle in a straight line...... Fail

Won't even get into the license thing but also.....Fail

Doing a temp fix on the front tire then taking it on freeway and running at speed....... Major Fail (do you have any idea what can happen if you loose the front tire at 60 MPH?)

No eye protection.... Well they are your eyes and it is your choice so I'll leave that decision up to you.

Asking about running...... Well here in CA that makes it a Felony and no matter what people have read or seen in the news, I've never had an issue with any LEO that has stopped me. In fact I have been let off as many, if not more, times than been issued a ticket. So again....... Major Fail.

I have held off on replying to this thread as I know how I sound but you got real lucky this time, don't count on it happening every time.

Take an MSF course or an advanced class if you have already taking the basic course. Find someone local who would be willing to be a riding mentor. If you feel the need for speed, do a track day or two.

Carry On.....
Old 08-05-2011, 12:44 PM
Out of my mind, back in 5
MotoGP

Tweety is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by 8541Hawk
Doing a temp fix on the front tire then taking it on freeway and running at speed....... Major Fail (do you have any idea what can happen if you loose the front tire at 60 MPH?)
I'm gonna join the old farts club... I agree with all cliby and Hawk said... But this one scares the crap out of me... 60+ mph on a tire that's fixed with crazy glue? That nothing short of full on stupid...

BTW, without a license? I dunno what the rules in the US are specifically... But round here that usually means jailtime...
Old 08-05-2011, 12:57 PM
MotoGP

Well he is 18, so still learning.. But it is a dangerous way to do it. I am glad I got much of the stupid out of my system on a dirt bike.

He like many here in AZ can't get a license.. from his earlier post, he ain't from around here... The laws that prevent him from getting properly licensed and insured are a big problem, and a real controversy around here. I won't comment on them one way or another, but I will say the cop let him off easy.
Old 08-05-2011, 12:58 PM
MotoGP

VTRsurfer is on a distinguished road
I won't even ride on a patched tire. I've tossed several tires over the years, after getting a puncture.
Old 08-05-2011, 01:01 PM
Squid

Yea I know it was pretty bad or really bad, but like I said things could have been worse luckily they weren't

I haven't ridin since that night and I"m not going to until I get the tickets paid. After I pay the tickets I'm getting new tires(the ones I have now aren't to good) and new valve stems

And come on why are you guys yelling at me about the cop question i was just curious

Last edited by CRSIGI; 08-05-2011 at 01:04 PM.
Old 08-05-2011, 01:08 PM
MotoGP

Originally Posted by CRSIGI
And come on why are you guys yelling at me about the cop question i was just curious
Simple: running from cops = felony

Traffic ticket: $ no big deal
Minor theft: Misdemeanor $ & some civil work time, maybe a night or two in jail
Felony: Jail time, and as "not from around here" automatic deportation

Plus running from cop = much higher risk of crashing etc, and crashing can easily lead to death.
Old 08-05-2011, 01:41 PM
Superstock

sheldonsl is on a distinguished road
What, is he some sort of Muslim?
Old 08-05-2011, 01:48 PM
MotoGP

Originally Posted by sheldonsl
What, is he some sort of Muslim?
I am guessing: Hispanic undocumented.

Most common source of unlicensed drivers in AZ.

edit: I have a couple friends in a similar situation where they lived most their life here, but were born elsewhere.. Though most of them were able to get legal though various means. (student visa that transitioned to H1B visa, marriage etc)

Last edited by lazn; 08-05-2011 at 01:58 PM.
Old 08-05-2011, 01:54 PM
MotoGP

VTRsurfer is on a distinguished road
I've told this true story before, but here goes. This happened about 20 years ago:

A guy speeding on a Kawasaki starts running from the cops in LA County on the freeway. I think it started on the 605, north.

After running on at least 4 different freeways at speeds up to 135mph, he figures he's ditched the cops, so he pulls over for gas in South Orange County. He then continues on, riding south on the I-5.

He gets hungry, so he stops at a McDonalds in Oceanside (San Diego County), and he's arrested while waiting in line to order a Big Mac.

True story (except he may have been ordering Chicken Mc Nuggets, I don't know).

I guess he didn't realize that a chopper was following him the whole time. He probably covered about 100 miles.
Old 08-05-2011, 01:58 PM
Squid

Yea I'm hispanic I was born in Mexico but I've lived here for about 14 or 15 years
Old 08-05-2011, 04:07 PM
MotoGP

If you are out of High School, you can get a Student Visa if you go to college full time, but you have to pay out of state tuition rates if you do that.

But then at least you'd be legal and able to get documentation. This is what one of my friends in your exact situation did, he actually stayed in school till he graduated with his Master's and then got hired by an American Bank, so now he has his H1B visa.

(oddly enough those who remain illegal while in school can get in state tuition rates)

Last edited by lazn; 08-05-2011 at 04:09 PM.
Old 08-05-2011, 04:25 PM
Umm...I'm awesome. Duh...
Squid

shake-n-bake is on a distinguished road
i dont get this. if they are here illegally, how can they attend school, and get tuition rates?

Quick Reply: Could have been worse