General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

Are Continental "CONTI MOTION" tires decent?

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2013, 08:57 AM
Squid

Skidmarkart is on a distinguished road
Are Continental "CONTI MOTION" tires decent?

Howdy all...

I did a search but didn't see much (or anything really) on this tire. I need a set of budget sport touring tires. The seem to be priced right and the other Continental tires seem to have a decent rep. Could not find much on "Motion" model though.

My riding style is subdued (this will be my first sport bike in 15 years), and I live in a place where pretty much everything is flat and straight. My main ride is my 3 mile commute everyday. I would like something that is safe, will give a long life, and is good in wet/dry.

I'm not going to be tracking, racing, or anything like that... a couple of rides on the Blue Ridge Parkway this summer - if I am lucky.

Any advice would be appreciated.
Old 05-15-2013, 09:45 AM
SuperBike

Wicky is on a distinguished road
My main ride is my 3 mile commute everyday
That journey will barely warm the engine before you have to park! have you thought about cycling? :-)
Old 05-15-2013, 09:50 AM
Squid

It's true, I do mountain bike a couple of days a week. But I am also lazy, and like to slip out for rides around town at lunch

What I was really getting at is I don't need a bada** supersport tire at this point. I think I have at least one set of tires get used before I will be pushing this thing anywhere near it limits.
Old 05-15-2013, 09:55 AM
Squid

yamahadm250 is on a distinguished road
I`m using that tire on my hawk.my bike is mostly used to commute to work,about a 70 mile round trip.i`ve got about 1500 miles on them with no problems.i can`t tell you how they do when you`re dragging the pegs.
Old 05-15-2013, 11:19 AM
Connie Demico does toad?
Superstock

GlockPointer is on a distinguished road
I took my ContiMotions to the edge almost every weekend and they never did anything untoward. I got around 5k miles out of them.
Old 05-15-2013, 06:39 PM
Back Marker

HawkRider98 is on a distinguished road
Running a set now. 120 mile round trip commute. About 1200 miles on 'em. Ride great and still look new.
Old 05-16-2013, 01:58 PM
B R
Back Marker

B R is on a distinguished road
I slapped a set on recently, only have about 3 rides on them. So far, so good, I do some sporty riding, and they don't seem to limit me in any way.

One note is I had a leak at the bead on my front, there was nothing obvious causing it, but after cleaning some small white colored deposits from the bead it seems ok now. So I would advise whoever installs the tires to make sure the bead is nice & clean first.
Old 05-16-2013, 03:31 PM
Squid

Well thanks for the advice all... this sounds like what I am looking for, so I ordered a set today. I'll definitely keep an eye on the beads when they are installed.
Old 05-21-2015, 06:16 AM
Back Marker

AndyMX47 is on a distinguished road
I realize its an old post, but I used a set of conti motions on my hawk. Paid $145 shipped for them off Amazon. Only got 2,000 miles plus an hour of dyno pulls out of the rear. The front looks like I will get about another 1,000 out of it, but I do get it pretty hot as well.

All the riding I do is aggressive riding in the mountains - no commuting, so my tires get pretty hot and will wear much faster than someone that commutes.

On that note, I take them to the edge and neither has ever slipped or slid unpredictably.

I'm trying Dunlop Roadsmart II's now - awesome grip and handling as well, but $240 for a set, so we'll see how many miles I get out of them. Only the rear is on right now. If the cost per mile is about the same, it will be nice to not change tires as often as I change oil!