General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

CNC Wish List

Old 04-07-2007, 01:15 PM
MotoGP

nuhawk is on a distinguished road
CNC Wish List

After several conversations on the forum about parts being no longer available or parts that are needed I decided to begin the list of parts that could be milled for the Superhawk masses.

Moriwaki Inspired Rearsets - AC Cobra is working on these - Recent Update AC?

Mirror Extenders - Greg mentioned these but no longer made but much needed

Solid Billet Triples - enough of this pansy-hollow stock ****! Needed in stock dimensions with stock bearing journals but for RC51 or 1000rr tubes

Chain Guard - Sprocket Cover These two pieces could be replaced with one that only extends back as far as the blade on the rearset

Undertail made from Billet & Sheet Stock. Sheet stock perf'd with louvers

Any volunteers? I don't have the knowledge or tools to make these parts but if someone did, I'll bet that I wouldn't be the only one buying them!
Old 04-07-2007, 01:37 PM
Squid

firestorm'n is on a distinguished road
I would like to see some billet grips, black also.
Old 04-07-2007, 02:40 PM
Squid

SD996 is on a distinguished road
My father owns a CNC shop on the east coast. He can pretty much make anything if he has a print or even a simple sketch with the important dimensions. Send me a PM and we can discuss it more if you want.
Old 04-07-2007, 03:05 PM
evil man of nothing
MotoGP

captainchaos is on a distinguished road
How 'bout machining us up a 1200cc '08 hawk with all the goodies on it already so we can all have bikes that actually aren't apart all the time with the mods? Whatever we'd have those apart too
Old 04-07-2007, 03:30 PM
Superstock

Birdoprey is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by captainchaos
How 'bout machining us up a 1200cc '08 hawk with all the goodies on it already so we can all have bikes that actually aren't apart all the time with the mods? Whatever we'd have those apart too
I promise not to have mine apart if we get them. I promise to ride the pee out of it.
Really. I will. Scout's honor. When can I get it?
Old 04-07-2007, 04:55 PM
Administrator
World Champion

Hawkrider will become famous soon enoughHawkrider will become famous soon enough
+1 on the billet triples.
Old 04-07-2007, 04:57 PM
SuperSport

Stumpy is on a distinguished road
dude i fell like that kid in the honda add I JUST WANT TO RIDE, I JUST WANT TO RIDE, now lets just keep saying that class. It will get better
Old 04-07-2007, 05:00 PM
Back Marker

NovaWildcat08
Fork Brace?
Dont know how difficult that one would be but it seems like a fairly straight forward fabrication.
Old 04-07-2007, 05:06 PM
Administrator
World Champion

Hawkrider will become famous soon enoughHawkrider will become famous soon enough
Coerce already makes one. Check ebay. It's like $130 or so.
Old 04-07-2007, 09:46 PM
Squid

firestorm'n is on a distinguished road
I really like the black billet grips from raoringtoyz.com. they only make them for suzuki i think. what would be the be difference in handlebar size?
Old 04-08-2007, 12:09 AM
Back Marker

AC COBRA
im out of the game for the rear sets, with the addition of the R1 the hawk is a cruiser only so no need for higher pegs, sorry guys

BUT i did make a set of kvilhabars (copied convertibars) for the hawk, turned out real nice, maybe a few features better than convertibars, billet clamps of course, kvilha is the beginning of my last name and it is machined into the bars, not a bad forgery pics coming soon

sprocket and clutch cover might be interesting, i think i have a spare lying around, i will take a look at that

billet triples, if it can be done with a 3 axis i might think about it

the problem with the rearsets is the crazy amount of parts, and fixtures needed to cut them out, not to mention all the bearings, bolts, and pegs
Old 04-08-2007, 12:11 AM
Back Marker

AC COBRA
oh, also made billet exhaust hangers for my tbr high mounts, pics also coming soon
Old 04-10-2007, 05:23 PM
SuperBike

JamieDaugherty is on a distinguished road
I'm already working on some triple clamps. I'm even configuring them for use with inverted forks! I'm planning to make the first set sometime within the next month or so, if anyone else is interested let me know and I will make some extra parts. I've set these to the same fork spacing/offest as the CBR929/954's, so the CBR's parts (upper or lower) could be used if desired.

Here are a couple of images from my CAD program of what the upper clamp looks like:

http://www.daughertymotorsports.com/...000-5-001a.jpg
http://www.daughertymotorsports.com/...000-5-001b.jpg
Old 04-10-2007, 06:28 PM
MotoGP

Originally Posted by AC COBRA

sprocket and clutch cover might be interesting, i think i have a spare lying around, i will take a look at that
I have had some further thoughts on this - look forward to hearing what you think, I'll try to do some sketches - I'm better at CAD than freehand. Real busy at work right now.
Old 04-10-2007, 08:37 PM
Back Marker

AC COBRA
Originally Posted by nuhawk
I have had some further thoughts on this - look forward to hearing what you think, I'll try to do some sketches - I'm better at CAD than freehand. Real busy at work right now.
CAD would be much better, then if i like your design i can just modify it to make it producable (is that a word )
Old 04-10-2007, 08:49 PM
Back Marker

AC COBRA
Originally Posted by JamieDaugherty
I'm already working on some triple clamps. I'm even configuring them for use with inverted forks! I'm planning to make the first set sometime within the next month or so, if anyone else is interested let me know and I will make some extra parts. I've set these to the same fork spacing/offest as the CBR929/954's, so the CBR's parts (upper or lower) could be used if desired.

Here are a couple of images from my CAD program of what the upper clamp looks like:

http://www.daughertymotorsports.com/...000-5-001a.jpg
http://www.daughertymotorsports.com/...000-5-001b.jpg
JD - looks like a good start

pm sent btw
Old 04-12-2007, 05:41 AM
MotoGP

Jamie, I have a set of 929 forks that need to be rebuilt and may eventually find their way onto my bike so I'm good for a set. Does your design take into account the steering stops and the radiator clearance issues or will these still have to be dealt with? I am so pleased that you guys are moving ahead with parts for our machines. I don't have the equipment or the skills but recognize the need and am sure that there will be enough demand to reward you for your work. Full steam ahead!
Old 04-12-2007, 09:45 AM
Squid

bigjay77 is on a distinguished road
as a machinist i was thinkng the same thing, but i have no access to machines,, i need to get a couple of manuals, they are not as good as cnc but i could still get some parts done....one day ill have my garage shop....
Old 04-12-2007, 03:01 PM
Back Marker

AC COBRA
Originally Posted by bigjay77
as a machinist i was thinkng the same thing, but i have no access to machines,, i need to get a couple of manuals, they are not as good as cnc but i could still get some parts done....one day ill have my garage shop....
never underestimate a manual mill, i have made some amazing stuff with my bridgeport, complex curves are out but billet is billet

its funny, my friend is a machinist for rocketdyne, works with some of the most amazing and precise machines in the world, and cant use any of them for side projects, against company policy
Old 04-13-2007, 06:52 PM
SuperBike

JamieDaugherty is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by nuhawk
Jamie, I have a set of 929 forks that need to be rebuilt and may eventually find their way onto my bike so I'm good for a set. Does your design take into account the steering stops and the radiator clearance issues or will these still have to be dealt with? I am so pleased that you guys are moving ahead with parts for our machines. I don't have the equipment or the skills but recognize the need and am sure that there will be enough demand to reward you for your work. Full steam ahead!
Sure, the steering stops would be included. I haven't worked out radiator clearances yet, and won't be able to do so until I get the forks mounted. I don't mind moving a few other parts to make a better set of forks fit. I've been considering a buying something else to replace the VTR. With child #3 on the way I decided that it's best not to take on any new expenses of that magnitude. Considering that, I really want to do some things to my bike to step up it's game a little. It's my streetbike but also used on the track so all-out performance is the goal here. The point being that I WILL make this fork swap work. I don't expect too many problems.

One thing that I plan to do is make adaptors to fit the top of the 'new' fork tube that will allow the use of the stock clip-ons. These will also allow the forks to extend down through the triples lower to correct for any possible wheel/engine clearance issues. Once again, the specifics are yet to be worked out, so far I've just got concept models of the clip-on adaptors. I need to get the triples made first so that I can set everything up on the bike. Then I will finalize the design of the remaining parts and have them fabricated.

I plan to make three sets of parts when the time comes (I'm swamped with parts for other guys right now!). One will be for my own bike and the other two will be available for sale. I'll be sure to post updates as they become available.