General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

cans

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2012, 04:14 PM
SuperSport

twist is on a distinguished road
cans

my two brothers exhaust arrived today! Used but very clean. Looks simple enough, any one with advice, (coming from the cruit who broke a perfectly good new zero gravity screen before it got installed).
Old 10-03-2012, 09:56 PM
SuperSport

Originally Posted by VTRsurfer
Get new exhaust gaskets for the attachment. They're one time use only.

You'll love the sound, if you've been running stock cans.
they came with a "wavy" perforated insert/baffle. Any idea how they install and what they're for?
I've been told they are a great muffler.
Old 10-04-2012, 02:36 AM
evil man of nothing
MotoGP

captainchaos is on a distinguished road
You need to check your emails They're a baffle-baffles (are supposed to) quiet down the noise somewhat. They originally slip into the round tube baffle and are secured with some safety wire. The easiest way to reinstall them the way they came would be to do it upon repacking the cans.
Old 10-04-2012, 08:24 AM
SuperSport

Originally Posted by captainchaos
You need to check your emails They're a baffle-baffles (are supposed to) quiet down the noise somewhat. They originally slip into the round tube baffle and are secured with some safety wire. The easiest way to reinstall them the way they came would be to do it upon repacking the cans.
I was wondering when you would post! Yes, I've been checking my emails. Looking at them I thought they went in something like that. I expect I'll run the exhaust a bit before I decide to repack or not.
Old 10-04-2012, 12:09 PM
evil man of nothing
MotoGP

captainchaos is on a distinguished road
Yeah sent you a few messages with some details-just let me know if you have any questions regarding mounting but they're standard mount so they mount just like the stock mufflers.
Old 10-04-2012, 01:23 PM
SuperSport

Originally Posted by captainchaos
Yeah sent you a few messages with some details-just let me know if you have any questions regarding mounting but they're standard mount so they mount just like the stock mufflers.
Thank you for all the help. A couple of hours this morning and the new cans are on. Left side a little tight to the swing arm but no rubbing. The new cans are amazingly light in comparison to the stock units! My bike just lost 15 lbs. New mufflers are differently louder, a lot louder. I kind of liked the lower decibel sound of the stock mufflers but they had no presence. On the highway and at speed, these new cans are awesome! I don't know if they make the bike any faster but it sounds like it wants to chew up pavement. I think I'll adjust. Piece by piece, bit by bit I'm making this bike my own. I feel like I could easily start the mods that never end. The front end is next.