General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

Buying tires online, any problems?

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2012, 10:56 AM
MotoGP

VTRsurfer is on a distinguished road
Buying tires online, any problems?

Has anyone had any problems with buying tires online, such as damaged or blemished merchandise, or whatever?

I'm looking for Bridgestone S20's for my wife's SV, and the local dealer can't get them yet, but Motosport.com (based in Oregon) has them as a F/R set for just $200 (sizes for Superhawks are $220).

Any input would be appreciated.

Last edited by VTRsurfer; 04-24-2012 at 08:04 PM. Reason: wrong price on tires for VTR
Old 04-19-2012, 11:10 AM
MotoGP

superhawk22 is an unknown quantity at this point
I have ordered many sets online never had an issue, actually have ordered from them before as well. Small world, my next door neighbor is friends with the owner.
Old 04-19-2012, 11:32 AM
Superstock

speedkelly@aol.com is on a distinguished road
I pretty much buy all my tires online. Never had any problems. I just use who ever has the best deal. Jake Wilson, Motorcyclesuperstore etc etc.
I'm currently running the BT-016PRO. Great tire, I can't believe you can get the new S20 cheaper than the tire it is replacing? I'm going to try the S20 probably next month. I say go for it, you will be fine. Do you install your own tires? or pay a shop?
Old 04-19-2012, 02:14 PM
SuperBike

Old Yeller is on a distinguished road
the only thing I've found from buying online is to watch out for age. where possible, ask what the manufacture date is on the tires you buy. sometimes they are cheap prices because they are old.
Old 04-19-2012, 07:38 PM
Not Realy A Squid
Squid

waltr is on a distinguished road
I bought the last 3 or 4 tires from motorcycle superstore. Never had any problems at all. I get them the next day but I am south west of portland and I think they are in Medford so it is not very far. I started buying mail order because I could find NOBODY that had tires for my 83 interceptor in stock and if they order them it takes a week or more and the price is almost double.

I avoid Motosport if possible. They are a division of the honda dealer in Hillsboro (12 miles from my house). I ordered some parts from them because they are local and when I called to check on them I was told that it would be 2-3 days for them to get them and another 5 days to get to me. When I asked how this could be I was told thet he is in Oregon but the warehouse is somplace like Louisiana.

Motorcycle Superstore is a little higher priced but they ship free. In the end the final cost is almost identical and I much prefer dealing with these guys.
Old 04-20-2012, 01:49 AM
Superstock

Squid is on a distinguished road
Late to the party I know but when I bought my CT2's thru motorcyclesuperstore and had no problem. They had them to me in 5 days only because of the snow storm we had. otherwise it would have been 3.
Old 04-20-2012, 08:14 AM
Superstock

Bandit400man is on a distinguished road
I've found brand new, un-mounted tires off Craigslist...local an for cheap...
Old 04-23-2012, 04:25 PM
Squid

Carolinaboy is on a distinguished road
I have used motorcyclesuperstore.com for my last 3 tire purchases. I was very happy with both the pricing and the service. Free shipping on anything over $89.