General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

Buying from shf members

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2010, 10:29 AM
SuperSport

ranchomice is on a distinguished road
Buying from shf members

I want to thank reason, trinc, and Jamie for recent transactions. All have been great to deal with! This place is awesome and I'm oh so grateful to have found it.
Old 12-13-2010, 10:52 AM
Head Scratcher
Back Marker

poppazuti is on a distinguished road
How convenient that I was going to start a new thread to thank 8541Hawk for a great transaction and this thread was just started.

I had inquired with another forum member parting out a bike if he had a chain and sprocket set for sale, unfortunately he had only the sprockets and I'm all about one stop shopping. 8541Hawk sent me a message stating that he had a set laying around with very little mileage on it. It took a while to get the ball rolling due to holiday travels on my part, but once everything was taken care of it was a flawless transaction (with one little hiccup thanks to USPS, but that was communicated well). Parts showed up in perfect condition, just as advertised.

Got the chain and sprockets installed last night and lost about 3/4" in wheelbase (old chain was at the end of it's life), unfortunately it's raining out today so no test ride.

Thanks again Mike for a helping out another forum member and excellent communication through the whole process.
Old 12-13-2010, 01:53 PM
Superstock

nekkid is on a distinguished road
Glad to hear of your good transactions. It can work both ways though: I bought a set of Scorpion cans a while back and the deal was perfect. Another time I bought some stuff that was not usable on the VTR...I'll end up eating the purchase. Then I sold a set of VFR bars to a forum member and sent them to him after he asked if he could send me payment on his next payday. That was more than 6 months ago and still no dough. Admin suspended his forum account.

The fraternal aspect fostered by this forum can get you a really good deal from someone who wouldn't cheat a fellow 'hawker or it could lead you to suspend caution when prudence is the way to go.
Old 12-13-2010, 01:55 PM
MotoGP

mikstr is on a distinguished road
I have had numerous transactions (both buying and selling) with numerous forum members and never had a bad experience. A great site with a wonderful bunch of knowledgeable and helpful enthusiasts.

Kudos to all