General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

Brooklyn bike rescue

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2016, 02:37 PM
MotoGP

smokinjoe73 is on a distinguished road
Brooklyn bike rescue

Had an awesome chance to help a couple sport bike riders broken down on the Brooklyn Queens expressway. Elevated highway, zero shoulder, only concrete barriers and heavy traffic.

On way to work I saw them stuck in right lane & stopped to ask whats up.

One guys says his bike just died. Huge traffic so I pulled up behind him, put down his passenger peg and put my right foot on it (while on my vtr

Slowly let out the clutch and start to push him down the road carefully. Crazy NYC drivers beeping and missing us by inches.

Not quite a mile down the road we get to an exit that's downhill so he could coast.

When we stop he says the bike just died (gsxr) so we pop the seat to check fuses which are fine, then I search and find the main fuse. It is melted apart. (the fuse not the holder)

Under my seat for my fuse stash and give him a 20a fuse, biggest I had.

Turn the key and the bike starts. Both guys (other on cbr1k) seem in disbelief, don't say more than a word. So I tell them my name, shake their hands and head off to work.

I love chances to do stuff like this is a city where most would as soon run you over as not.

Made my day, made me very thankful.
Old 10-30-2016, 03:19 PM
Retired- but not tired!
SuperBike

CrankenFine is on a distinguished road
Righteous! ��
Old 10-30-2016, 04:13 PM
Rex Kramer-Thrill Seeker
SuperBike

CruxGNZ is on a distinguished road
Cool! Good on ya man.

(Starting 'similar story thread')

I've had the opportunity to do this a few times. The latest was when I was following a guy on a, what can only be described as a parallel twin with a banana seat and ape hangers. He then rode into construction and hit gravel. Wiped out and layed it over within seconds of running over the gravel. It was one lane. I stopped my truck, put on hazards and hopped out to help the guy. No helmet, safety glasses, jean shorts, jean jacket with cut off sleeves and beat up work boots. I picked up his bike while he gathered himself. Cars beeping and creaping up on me, where I needed to slam my hands on the first cars hood to get the point across (a bit of adrenaline flowing at the time). I know I dented the crap out of this womans hood. She was very cute too. Scared the ever living crap out of her. Anyways, the guy came over to me, nodded, as to say thanks, then hopped back on the bike bleading from his face and right side like a sieve, and rode off without ever saying a word to me. This all happened in about 1 minute.

Did he and his alchohol laden breath get home safely? I'd like to think so.
Old 10-30-2016, 06:41 PM
MotoGP

Wolverine is on a distinguished road
Doing the right thing for no other reason than it's the right thing to do... make's one feel very warm and fuzzy inside