General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

BEST SPARK PLUG FOR THE HAWK

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2008, 07:28 AM
Out of my mind, back in 5
MotoGP

Tweety is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by FTMS
It could mess up the signal in the CDI box. I have seen this in sleds that didn't run resistor plugs.
Yeah... or the dashboard, as that is about all the electronics on your bike... Interference in ignitions are rather nasty in nature... They like electonic motors don't play nice with other electronics... Most likely not going to damage anything... but it will make them go bonkers...
Old 11-24-2008, 10:44 AM
Administrator
World Champion

Hawkrider will become famous soon enoughHawkrider will become famous soon enough
Yeah, or mess up the radio in the cage you're riding next to. And as he/she tries to figure out what's wrong then said cage is now unintentionally in your lane. Leave the resistors alone guys, for safety's sake at least.
Old 11-24-2008, 12:31 PM
Post Whore Junior
MotoGP

Cleveland is on a distinguished road
Funny I was watching Spike this weekend, and one of the hotrod shows did a segment on Pulstars (sp).. in a C5 'vette. Got like 6-7 hp out of em. $25 x 8 / 6hp = worth it? The 'vette was bone stock.

YOu guys tell me. Does 6hp make THAT much difference?
Old 11-24-2008, 01:12 PM
Administrator
World Champion

Hawkrider will become famous soon enoughHawkrider will become famous soon enough
Not on a Vette. On the Superhawk, yeah you could feel it. But there's no way you'll get that much out of it on the VTR. Figure it this way. 6hp / 8cylinders = 0.75hp per cylinder. That's a whoppin' 1.5 hp for us!
Old 05-05-2009, 02:14 PM
Squid

pauldast is on a distinguished road
I am thinking of trying them. I think of it as getting the most out of my jet kit and exhaust for not that much money.
Old 07-08-2009, 08:12 AM
Squid

pauldast is on a distinguished road
I decided it wasn't worth the trouble since they don't have any plugs that fit the hawk. Has anyone tried the DirectHits that they sell? Is there any good aftermarket ignition parts that would increase spark intensity?
Old 07-08-2009, 06:14 PM
Superstock

RPV-Hawk is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by pauldast
I decided it wasn't worth the trouble since they don't have any plugs that fit the hawk. Has anyone tried the DirectHits that they sell? Is there any good aftermarket ignition parts that would increase spark intensity?
There were some Moriwaki ignition boxes sold back in the day, but dunno if they are still available. They were VERY expensive though.

I thought I saw a reference to HRC ignition boxes for the SH, but can't find any links now.

Neither provided more/better spark, just a remaped spark timing curve.

If you want the truth/lowdown on how to improve your igntion system, give this a read
http://www.magnecor.com/magnecor1/truth.htm

Good wires, and good plugs should be all you need for a mostly stock motor. Only if you go crazy with the modifications will you need and aftermarket ignition coil.
Old 07-08-2009, 06:26 PM
MotoGP

VTRsurfer is on a distinguished road
During 34 years of teaching Vocational Automotives, I told my students..."If any plug other than OEM increased performance or gas mileage, don't you think the vehicle manufacturers would use it?" Performance sells.
Old 07-08-2009, 07:16 PM
Superstock

steve.g is on a distinguished road
I got a HUGE spark when I was 10 years old. Tried to make my battery operated trainset go faster by wiring the tracks to the wall socket. My Ma was NOT pleased !