General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

Bad rap for sportbikes on local news

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2006, 11:22 PM
SuperSport

Loco
What the hell is that woman thinking riding a BICYCLE on deals gap!??! Are you F=ing kidding me?
Old 11-09-2006, 06:06 AM
Squid

ericbrinton
I love how they used a turbo busa to document how fast "all" sportbikes can go lol
Old 11-09-2006, 06:13 AM
SuperBike

EngineNoO9 is an unknown quantity at this point
loco... that wasn't deals gap. Bicyclists always ride those roads and have just as much right to it as the rest of us. Also some more stuff on the 153 reading. I've heard from several people saying that what most definetely happened was with a group of bikes he lowered the gun and it picked up a second bike and doubled the speed.
Old 11-09-2006, 07:55 AM
Superstock

Lefin102 is on a distinguished road
Sooner or later this will kill our sport. Big brother will find a way to put and end to this kind of stupidity. Be safe and take it to the track.
Old 11-09-2006, 10:51 AM
SuperBike

L8RGYZ is an unknown quantity at this point
I've had a couple close calls this year & am trying to tone it down. I don't/can't ride crazy fast, but the street has a lot of variables (sand, gravel, stopped vehicles, blind curves, deer) that seem to be catching up with me. Being maimed by a guardrail or another vehicle is something i don't want to experience.
Old 11-09-2006, 12:00 PM
Superstock

Duck007 is on a distinguished road
That place looked like it had too much traffic to be much fun anyway. Might as well be on a cruiser for that crap. Why don't they make radar/laser guns look less like a gun? Don't you hate coming around a corner and seeing a cop standing there pointing something at you? My first instinct is to duck (no pun intended).
Old 11-09-2006, 12:01 PM
SuperBike

EngineNoO9 is an unknown quantity at this point
duck and go by as fast as possible to get away as fast as possible :P
Old 11-10-2006, 02:43 PM
Back Marker

J.J. is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by EngineNoO9
whole video tries to go out and make sport bikers look evil. in the 2nd part the acceleration video isn't even of a stock bike. it's a damn turbo hayabusa. even found the vid in the first link and the first vid after I typed 'turbo hayabusa video' into google: http://www.uponone.com/sortvideos-speed-viewed.php (top video)

It's a very well known video... I feel like writing a letter of disgust to them about it
yeah, I was wondering what kind of a bike can wheelie at over 130 and clear 200 (!!!!) Seeing as how ALL factory sportbikes top out at the "gentlemens agreement" of 300km/hr (about 186)..
Old 11-10-2006, 09:53 PM
Superstock

BirdofParadise is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm surprised to hear so much denial over what is being reported. The point is not wether the rider was clocked at 153 or 100. There are other people there who have a right to use the roads safely. SAFELY! It would not be fun to be taking the family for a drive and have some scumbag trying to plant his front wheel in the trunk or beter yet kissing the front bumper due to speed in excess of abilities.

Do you also justify a rape as some guy just getting laid.

Don't get pissed at the "Biased" news report. There would be no news to report if the stupid **** was not happening.

So maybe you are only tearing it up at 85mph in the corners WTF get your cheap *** to a track.

Putting other people at risk with no regard for them is selfish and deplorable.

I dislike the bad rap motorcyclists have been getting as much as the next biker but get a clue if you are doing stupid **** YOU ARE the problem. So stop wimpering about how the non riding public is trying to put us down.
Face facts most of the problem with speed wheelies stoppies burnouts etc are coming from the sportbike crowd. Logical since the other classes don't have such abilities. With power comes responsibility.

What have you done lately to tarnish the image?
Old 11-10-2006, 10:18 PM
MotoGP

superhawk22 is an unknown quantity at this point
Hey Bird long time! I don't think anyone is defending the asshat just pointing out that we doubt that was the real speed and it wasn't a very balanced story. I personally try to keep my speed at or about 10-15mph above the limit and less if it's a populated area. The kicker for me was the Fla. Busa, what did that have to do with the story? I'm sooo freakin hooked on track riding I really don't ride the streets much anymore anyway, just too many people and varibles here right now. As a matter of fact it still has the track plastics on it and I haven't been for a couple of weeks and won't go again until Dec. 3rd. Call me a puss but I'd rather do 140 on a track than 70 on the street.
Old 11-10-2006, 10:20 PM
MotoGP

Just to prove you don't have to be fast to be a danger to others.

http://bikerpunks.com/wp-content/videopop/1161312852.wmv
Old 11-10-2006, 11:23 PM
Superstock

BirdofParadise is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by superhawk22
Hey Bird long time! I don't think anyone is defending the asshat just pointing out that we doubt that was the real speed and it wasn't a very balanced story. I personally try to keep my speed at or about 10-15mph above the limit and less if it's a populated area. The kicker for me was the Fla. Busa, what did that have to do with the story? I'm sooo freakin hooked on track riding I really don't ride the streets much anymore anyway, just too many people and varibles here right now. As a matter of fact it still has the track plastics on it and I haven't been for a couple of weeks and won't go again until Dec. 3rd. Call me a puss but I'd rather do 140 on a track than 70 on the street.

Hey 22 it has been a while. I've been in CA, VA, NC, GA, FL for the past weeks coupled with the sudden idiotic urge to remodel the house.

I know the nit picking is about the one sidedness and inaccuracies of the reports. Hell if the reporters could balance they would probably be riders. Thank God they know their limits. I'm not down on the speed thing we all need it from time to time. Just pick the right place and time. Agreed using the Bussa was an over sensationalized speed piece unrelated to the issue of the report but it does make the point that our bikes are really fast. Will some one who does not ride know only a few select highly modified bikes are that capable? The report did 2 things as I see it. First it brought to light a dangerous situation on that area's roads and the non riders are very vocal about it. Two it gave sportbikers a "black eye", even those of us who have never been to that area. We will never hear of the cages that crossed the line and killed a biker. Considering the weekdays are quieter there I would think the weekend must be a squid mating ground for the kind of accident stats they qouted.

Collectively we need to promote our sport in a positive way so we do not loose our right to ride.

BTW how was your trip? Did you find suitable homesteading?
Old 11-11-2006, 06:34 AM
Back Marker

3D02 is on a distinguished road
Typical schlock reporting. The problem is they generalize it as its an epidemic. Nothing about how the riders (or drivers in their words) add to the economy, no differentiation in statistical data (Were all these wrecks sportbikes? How many caused by cars?) I agree there are a few that do stupid stuff, but the majority? I like the expression on the guys face who was clocking the rider doing 150. Had that look of amazement. And it is amazing. Something hitting that speed in a short burst and being able to slow it before the curve. Probably was a SH:-D
Old 11-11-2006, 11:18 AM
MotoGP

Originally Posted by BirdofParadise
Hey 22 it has been a while. I've been in CA, VA, NC, GA, FL for the past weeks coupled with the sudden idiotic urge to remodel the house.

I know the nit picking is about the one sidedness and inaccuracies of the reports. Hell if the reporters could balance they would probably be riders. Thank God they know their limits. I'm not down on the speed thing we all need it from time to time. Just pick the right place and time. Agreed using the Bussa was an over sensationalized speed piece unrelated to the issue of the report but it does make the point that our bikes are really fast. Will some one who does not ride know only a few select highly modified bikes are that capable? The report did 2 things as I see it. First it brought to light a dangerous situation on that area's roads and the non riders are very vocal about it. Two it gave sportbikers a "black eye", even those of us who have never been to that area. We will never hear of the cages that crossed the line and killed a biker. Considering the weekdays are quieter there I would think the weekend must be a squid mating ground for the kind of accident stats they qouted.

Collectively we need to promote our sport in a positive way so we do not loose our right to ride.

BTW how was your trip? Did you find suitable homesteading?
Damn traveling man!! We are leaning towards the N. GA. area between the moutains and Atlanta but I'm in the remodeling stage right now as well so we can sell this house. Market sucks right now too but should get better since it's been a Hurricane free year here.

You're right on with the weekend analogy and it is a squid magnet, I just think they need to find some common ground because the bikers are a major part of the economy up there. Just like it's a small group of people being idiots on bikes, it really is a small but vocal group of protestors too as most know the positive impact we have up there.