General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

Anybody in the Seattle area?

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2012, 10:38 PM
Now What?
Squid

98hvtr is on a distinguished road
Anybody in the Seattle area?

I am a new SuperHawk owner, a 1998. I am looking for someone in the seattle area to help me do some work on it. I am hoping they have the know-how and garage, I'll provide beer (or soda) pizza and a willing attitude. I have my own tools, or will get what I don't if it is needed to get the job done. I'm not a mechanic and have not done much engine work. On cars, trucks, and previous bikes done fluid changes, radiator replacements, alternator replacements, valve cover gaskets, water pumps etc. Simple stuff, but not much in the way of "real" work. I'd like to do valve adjustments, carb syncing, cct replacement etc. Any one in the Seattle area willing to show/teach me how to do this stuff?
Thanks all.
Dave
Old 05-30-2012, 01:58 AM
GTS
Seasoned tech
SuperSport

GTS is on a distinguished road
There are actually a handfull of guys from around the sound. I'm sure when you're ready to do the work you can find one of us that can give you a hand. Where abouts are you in the area?
Old 05-30-2012, 08:41 AM
Now What?
Squid

North Seattle

Originally Posted by GTS
There are actually a handfull of guys from around the sound. I'm sure when you're ready to do the work you can find one of us that can give you a hand. Where abouts are you in the area?
I'm in the North Seattle area. I bought a fixer upper house a few years ago and haven't got around to building a garage yet though. It might have to be someone with a garage? Or, I can find a place. Maybe a storage unit or something? I also want to rebuild the clutch and carbs.
I have a odd issue that I need to post in the tech section too, but when idling, the bike "takes hits" is the best way I can describe it. It seems electrical to me. At times, especially after it has been running a few minutes, this problem will cut the engine. Other times, almost cuts the engine. Seems to fire fine while riding.
Dave
Old 05-30-2012, 09:14 AM
GTS
Seasoned tech
SuperSport

GTS is on a distinguished road
Sounds like it may need some carb work or adjustments. I'm in Issaquah so I'm across the lake from you but not to far away. As long as you find a nice day, yeah I know it's Seattle but it's really not that bad, you don't really need a garage. I don't have one either.
Old 05-30-2012, 01:49 PM
Now What?
Squid

Originally Posted by GTS
Sounds like it may need some carb work or adjustments. I'm in Issaquah so I'm across the lake from you but not to far away. As long as you find a nice day, yeah I know it's Seattle but it's really not that bad, you don't really need a garage. I don't have one either.

Thanks GTS. Yeah, I have been working around the whole garage think for a few years now. The work I want to do, I'm thinking it would be good if wind didn't blow stuff into the engine etc

But, yeah, you have to dance witht he girl you brought.