General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

Anybody going to Deals in the Spring ?

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2010, 10:33 AM
Squid

NVDutchie is on a distinguished road
Anybody going to Deals in the Spring ?

Well, we have confirmed our trip amongst the guys I ride with here .. I'm the only one with a Twin out of 7

So we will be arriving on May 22nd , No hotels my buddy bought a place in Telico , thankfully we are trailering .. NO I'm not being a ***** I've had my share of the 4000km loops , popping Advils , and having a sore *** for a week (dam stock seat sucks) . But its all about the journey right ??

One of the past threads I threw together , some of you guys showed interest in going down and meeting somewhere . I think would be really cool !!

Anyway just thought I mention it , whoever gives a **** !!

Thanks !
Old 01-13-2010, 11:45 AM
Back Marker

gixxerjohn is on a distinguished road
id be game to go with on this
Old 01-13-2010, 03:54 PM
Twin Junkie
Squid

Puff998 is on a distinguished road
Planning on doing Deals and the Snake and Tazwell 2nd week of May.Vacation in VA every May.Spring club trip. Stay at the bottom of VA so everthing is within a day's ride..
Old 01-15-2010, 09:09 AM
Schnitzel
Squid

PHxS is on a distinguished road
Tellico you say? It would give me a reason to ride up 68 from Atlanta again and hit the mile high Skyway once more. I should be able to make it at least one more twin in the pack. I need to get cracking on the mods and upgrades.

Ryan B.

Last edited by PHxS; 01-15-2010 at 09:17 AM.
Old 01-15-2010, 09:48 AM
Always Learning
Back Marker

AdamK is on a distinguished road
Deals, Snake, Taz HUH!? Where are these places?
Old 01-15-2010, 09:51 AM
Back Marker

oh you really are missing some good riding if you dont know where they are
Old 01-15-2010, 09:55 AM
Always Learning
Back Marker

Tell me about it, the best riding I will find around here (Northern Illinois) is a forest preserve with a 15mph limit.
Old 01-15-2010, 09:56 AM
Back Marker

hahha just look up deals gap, u will see
Old 01-15-2010, 10:25 AM
Always Learning
Back Marker

Very cool, looks like an awesome ride.
Old 01-15-2010, 10:48 AM
Schnitzel
Squid

PHxS is on a distinguished road
It is a fun ride and early in the season, there aren't many people on the gap. You get to meet locals who know the area very well. I'm hoping to come across a helpful local who rode a black VFR when I was up there early last year. Fontana Road (or 28) is a nice ride as well, runs along Cheoah Lake for a bit. Wayah Road isn't far either, just a bit north of where 19/74 meets 129.

If you are feeling adventurous, you could give Joyce Kilmer Road a run. Crappy road conditions, but damn near no traffic when I went through back last July. Mainly seems like a 'camping by the river' type of road. It goes between 129 and the Cherohala Skyway. You find things like this when you follow the GPS of a Goldwing finding the shortest route from Tellico Plains to the 129 and 28 intersection. I wouldn't recommend it unless you were looking for something different and don't mind a bumpy road.

When you say Tellico, do you mean North Carolina or Tellico Plains, Tennessee?
Old 01-15-2010, 10:55 AM
Back Marker

i went on some road on the way to the gap, and let me tell you, wow, super skinny rd, with crazy drop off's

some points of the road i didnt think the truck i was in would make it around.... ill see if i can find the road again and post it up... something about heaven or something, ppl live there too...
Old 01-15-2010, 11:18 AM
I could ride in
SuperBike

LineArrayNut is on a distinguished road
i'm reasonably local and if not working would like to ride in a herd, lol!

joyce kilmer is like my roads around dayton.

cherohala is superhawk country...
Old 01-16-2010, 08:20 AM
Superstock

dshakes is on a distinguished road
My birthday is in april and i told my brother and some of the guys i ride with thats what i want to do is visit deals for the first time. Was going to actually plan it in may so the weather would be a little better. maybe we can try to plan alomg those lines. Im the only twin in a group of 5- But thats how i like it!
Old 01-16-2010, 12:26 PM
Superstock

NCDave is on a distinguished road
I'm headed to WV the first weekend in May. The roads up there rival the dragon in many ways. The good part is there are so many more of them. Check them out sometime. it may make for a closer trip for you.
Old 01-16-2010, 01:37 PM
Superstock

dshakes is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by NCDave
I'm headed to WV the first weekend in May. The roads up there rival the dragon in many ways. The good part is there are so many more of them. Check them out sometime. it may make for a closer trip for you.
That sounds good too. im always down to ride new places.
Old 01-16-2010, 02:58 PM
Squid

NVDutchie is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by PHxS
It is a fun ride and early in the season, there aren't many people on the gap. You get to meet locals who know the area very well. I'm hoping to come across a helpful local who rode a black VFR when I was up there early last year. Fontana Road (or 28) is a nice ride as well, runs along Cheoah Lake for a bit. Wayah Road isn't far either, just a bit north of where 19/74 meets 129.

If you are feeling adventurous, you could give Joyce Kilmer Road a run. Crappy road conditions, but damn near no traffic when I went through back last July. Mainly seems like a 'camping by the river' type of road. It goes between 129 and the Cherohala Skyway. You find things like this when you follow the GPS of a Goldwing finding the shortest route from Tellico Plains to the 129 and 28 intersection. I wouldn't recommend it unless you were looking for something different and don't mind a bumpy road.

When you say Tellico, do you mean North Carolina or Tellico Plains, Tennessee?
Yes , I meant Tellico Plains we are literally in the bush its about a 20 min ride in off the Cherohala, last year we did a 6hr loop through Georgia and back , it was incredible !!
Dont get me wrong the Dragon is amazing to, but when you mix it up with the odd Harley, Winnebago, and the local Hot Shoes .. it becomes a little scary at times .. There are soooooo many incredible roads around the parimeter ..
Here in Ontario we have "some" nice roads along with great scenery in the North but every year they are damaged due to freezing temps and road salt etc. Majority of the roads are a "grid" pattern ... which leads to Boredom !!
Anyway guys I will send out a reminder in April ... and we will go from there

Thanks !!