General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

Americade Trip '09

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2009, 05:28 PM
SuperSport

nnjhawk02 is an unknown quantity at this point
Americade Trip '09

I was invited by some guys I have lunch with on a semi regular basis in Newark, NJ.

One guy in particular just retired from Port Authority (Port Newark) - great guy.

Anyway, him and some other HD riders get a house for Americade, north of Lake George.

So me and another rider (1000RR) took them up on the invite to go this year.

Left Pa Friday morning, was way late leaving and of course hit rain.

Left mi casa @ 8:45 in full rain gear, met w/ friend on Rt. 191 in Poconos, where it was not raining as hard and as we traveled north rain was slowly dying out.

We proceed to take 191 all the way to Hancock, NY, where we took off rain gear & heading for the twisty's on Rt. 10.

We took Rt. 10 almost all the way to end spot Loon Lake on Rt. 8.

Great riding, on excellent roads. Stopped for lunch in Summit, NY when we saw a BBQ smoker workin OT - Knew I was in a great spot when female bartender says get this sammich its the Fcukin best one & I have a wicked hangover - my kinda peeps.

Anywoo, got up to Loon Lake about 4:30 and proceeded to start drinkin, where it was about 70 & sunny. Things are lookin good.

These guys are pros. The organize the shyte out of the event.

Friday nite dinner was Bass Ale on tap, JD + other booze - then Burgers, Lobster Tails - lots of em.

Didn't have to lift a finger- all taken care of.

Woke up early Sat. morning & saw a fox taking a walk in the road - hit breakfast, then back at Loon Lake the road capt. set a trip for the day.

So while me & my friend on 1000RR, took in the parade pace of this journey it was OK as we were blasting the previous day.

Got to Speculator where we gassed up & one of the crew on an '01 Ape Falco says to me & RR lets ride ahead & find lunch spot - um OK.

So while I'm putting on some tunes, everyone takes off. I'm about 3 mins behind, pass my crew of HDs as well as others & I'm doin triple digits just to catch them, finally do and we proceed to rip it up. Got to next town in about 15 mins. (25 miles)

After lunch, me & 1000RR, split from everyone and rip down Rt. 28 to Lake George.

I've never been to Americade - 1st there's lots of HDs and the main drag, Canada St. is wall to wall bikes.

We find a spot to park and take a long walk to Vendors tent area, set at south end of lake.

Lots of usual stuff + Shamwow sales booth w/ demo goin on, of course. Just as the dude is starting his next BS show - me & him have the following convo:

Me: Hey are U the guy that got bit in Maimi?

SWG: No that wasn't me

Me: BTW who does kiss a Ho?

SWG: Yeah who does that

Anyway, as I'm wearin a long sleeve Tee - since it was chilly start to the day - I buy a sleeveless tee to put on & we leave - head back to bikes & people watch for awhile.

Some observations -
1. Ameicade is not a place to take kids - duh. Saw many Whiskey Tango folks strolling youngins around.
2. Most of these adults should not procreate.
3. Let me out of here

After the crazy show downtown, rode up Rt. 9N, to a place where an old friend was staying at, not around. So I hit another stop where a another friend was staying - stopped BS for a bit, then back to Loon.

Saturday nite viddles: Base Ale, Red wine, fresh Garlic bread, meatballs, sausage, pasta, salad - Yum Yum - I offered to assist, but it was covered - just eat & drink son.

After digesting, 1000RR & a younger HD dude & his lady (the only 1) <both real cool cats> & me ride into LG for the Sat. nite freak show.

Place is packed - grab a spot, hit a bar for a shot of JD & a brew. watch drunks stammer around, then we hit the road back.

But not until we see the obligatory fight & dude getting cleaned up by EMTs & massive popo presences.

Woke up Sunday to another sunny day - shower pack shyte - Give sleeping bag to Cager who took everyones stuff up & back - Thanks Boston Bob

Hit the road @ 9am for another session of twistys. Took some backroads from Loon and around Great Sacandaga Lake - what a ride - barely a car around awesome views of mountains framing the lake.

After that mostly Rt. 30 all the way to Hancock.

Got home @ 4:30 Sunday - Total miles for trip 875 & No Performance awards from popo.

Oh Yeah - small world story - guy that rode Ape Falco - brought the keg of brew from the BBQ joint we had lunch at (he lives in the area - good dude) And that spot is his local hang out & knew my bartender well. Going back soon

Here are some shots
Attached Thumbnails Americade Trip '09-rt.10.jpg   Americade Trip '09-porch-drinkin.jpg   Americade Trip '09-canada-st.jpg   Americade Trip '09-loon-bikes.jpg   Americade Trip '09-rt.-30.jpg  

Old 06-10-2009, 12:07 PM
ride it out
SuperSport

nothing is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by nnjhawk02

Saturday nite viddles: Base Ale, Red wine, fresh Garlic bread, meatballs, sausage, pasta, salad - Yum Yum - I offered to assist, but it was covered - just eat & drink son.

After digesting, 1000RR & a younger HD dude & his lady (the only 1) <both real cool cats> & me ride into LG for the Sat. nite freak show.

Place is packed - grab a spot, hit a bar for a shot of JD & a brew. watch drunks stammer around, then we hit the road back.

But not until we see the obligatory fight & dude getting cleaned up by EMTs & massive popo presences.
I saw that guy! there were a ton of people packed around outside that club "DJ's" I stood there the entire time and watched haha did you see the 6 cops take down that one guy then pepper spray him? went to christies too... also I took 9N to ticonderoga from LG and it was an awesome ride
Old 06-11-2009, 04:25 PM
SuperSport

nnjhawk02 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by nothing
I saw that guy! there were a ton of people packed around outside that club "DJ's" I stood there the entire time and watched haha did you see the 6 cops take down that one guy then pepper spray him? went to christies too... also I took 9N to ticonderoga from LG and it was an awesome ride
No - I didn't see that

I road 9N up just past Bolton Landing, then took backroads to Loon Lake.

Another great road was Trout Lake Rd. off 9N. Smooth pavement & some tight twistys
Old 06-24-2009, 05:51 PM
Administrator
World Champion

Hawkrider will become famous soon enoughHawkrider will become famous soon enough
You were 10 miles from me. I live right up the road from the Great Sacandaga. Awesome roads, eh? It's nice to have this in my back yard.