General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

All Balls Racing

Old 01-12-2009, 08:42 AM
  #1  
Senior Member
SuperBike
Thread Starter
 
Erik S.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Westerly, RI
Posts: 1,216
Erik S. is on a distinguished road
All ***** Racing

If I have a need for anything they provide, they get my business from here on out.

I called with questions about possibly using GSXR Triple Trees.

Not only did he do the research and tell me that they didn't have what I needed, he gave me the name and number of the company that did.

Now to me, that is superb, he could've said "Sorry, we don't have what you need" and that could've been the end of it, but he offered information to help me.

A HUGE Thumbs up to Alex at All ***** Racing.


Erik
Erik S. is offline  
Old 01-12-2009, 08:49 AM
  #2  
Senior Member
SuperSport
 
SlowHAWK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Mount Vernon, NY
Posts: 813
SlowHAWK is an unknown quantity at this point
+1 ....

I've have called their tech line 3 times... for (2) RC51 front end to Hawk conversions regarding triples, and then to insure the CBR 900 rear wheel woudl fit the Hawk... each time they researched every part including the dust seals to make sure I got what I needed...

AND... they ship fast and reasonably priced for items and shipping...

J.
SlowHAWK is offline  
Old 01-12-2009, 09:58 AM
  #3  
Senior Member
Superstock
 
Galaxieman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: No longer in 'The Suck'!!!
Posts: 371
Galaxieman is an unknown quantity at this point
I have All ***** steering head bearings in the Hawk, and will go with them for any part I need that they can provide. Excellent customer service, and fast shipping, as has already been said.
Galaxieman is offline  
Old 01-12-2009, 10:21 AM
  #4  
ole dirty bastard
SuperSport
 
hawxter996's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: my house
Posts: 975
hawxter996 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Erik S. View Post
If I have a need for anything they provide, they get my business from here on out.

I called with questions about possibly using GSXR Triple Trees.

Not only did he do the research and tell me that they didn't have what I needed, he gave me the name and number of the company that did.

Now to me, that is superb, he could've said "Sorry, we don't have what you need" and that could've been the end of it, but he offered information to help me.

A HUGE Thumbs up to Alex at All ***** Racing.


Erik
what company?
inquiring minds want to know!
hawxter996 is offline  
Old 01-12-2009, 02:44 PM
  #5  
Senior Member
SuperBike
 
JamieDaugherty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Fort Wayne, IN
Posts: 1,836
JamieDaugherty is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by hawxter996 View Post
what company?
inquiring minds want to know!
Agreed! You got a nice little tidbit of info, so pass it along. I agree that All ***** are good folks to deal with.
JamieDaugherty is offline  
Old 01-12-2009, 03:06 PM
  #6  
ole dirty bastard
SuperSport
 
hawxter996's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: my house
Posts: 975
hawxter996 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by JamieDaugherty View Post
Agreed! You got a nice little tidbit of info, so pass it along. I agree that All ***** are good folks to deal with.

we could also check the hawk gt forums.
i remember seeing a few with gixxer front ends.
hawxter996 is offline  
Old 01-12-2009, 03:11 PM
  #7  
Out of my mind, back in 5
MotoGP
 
Tweety's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Skurup, Sweden
Posts: 6,109
Tweety is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Erik S. View Post
A HUGE Thumbs up to Alex at All ***** Racing.
I agree... I took one mail and 5 minutes later (!) I had half the solution to the problem of attaching a swingarm with 25mm swingarmbolt to a VTR and a good lead on the other half...

He gave me equivalent bearings with a 20mm ID for the one side and is now researching if they have a spacer of any kind that can be used for the needle bearing on the chain side... That's above and beyond...

Last edited by Tweety; 01-12-2009 at 03:16 PM.
Tweety is offline  
Old 01-13-2009, 03:57 AM
  #8  
Senior Member
SuperBike
Thread Starter
 
Erik S.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Westerly, RI
Posts: 1,216
Erik S. is on a distinguished road
I did pass it along, in the Tech area in the GSXR Triple thread.
https://www.superhawkforum.com/forum...ad.php?t=17203

I'll put it here as well. Spears Enterprises. 209-923-4684
Erik S. is offline  
Old 01-13-2009, 06:34 AM
  #9  
Senior Member
SuperSport
 
SlowHAWK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Mount Vernon, NY
Posts: 813
SlowHAWK is an unknown quantity at this point
Tweety... if you find out those parts LMK.... I'm planning on mounting up a RC51 SP1 swinger to my Hawk #1 once I find one for the right price. (Damn RC guys think used crap is worth 75% of OEM... I'm glad us Hawk guys are much more friendly to eachother and realistic price wise!!! Anyway...) I was planning on just cutting down the SP1 25mm pivot bolt, then drilling the center 20mm in diameter... figured that would make the perfect spacer... but if there are bearing that will swap in and make thins work better, that woudl be great!!!

J.
SlowHAWK is offline  
Old 01-13-2009, 11:25 AM
  #10  
Out of my mind, back in 5
MotoGP
 
Tweety's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Skurup, Sweden
Posts: 6,109
Tweety is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by SlowHAWK View Post
Tweety... if you find out those parts LMK.... I'm planning on mounting up a RC51 SP1 swinger to my Hawk #1 once I find one for the right price. (Damn RC guys think used crap is worth 75% of OEM... I'm glad us Hawk guys are much more friendly to eachother and realistic price wise!!! Anyway...) I was planning on just cutting down the SP1 25mm pivot bolt, then drilling the center 20mm in diameter... figured that would make the perfect spacer... but if there are bearing that will swap in and make thins work better, that woudl be great!!!

J.
Eh??? I just bought one in mint condition for a hell of a lot less... Sellers words, altough I have dealt with this breaker before and usually his stuff is as said... The 929 swingarm described as "good usable condition" looked like it came from Honda yesterday... The SP2 seller crapped out on me (probably because he thought I got it too cheap... ) I'm guessing the swingarm plus a SP1 caliper mount and a bunch of other parts will be roughly 100 on my doorstep (that's about $145, half of it shipping from UK to Sweden)

The SP1 has two 6905-2rs 25x42x9 bearings with a spacer on one side... I'm pretty sure if I loose the spacer I can cram two 6004-2rs 20x42x12 in there instead... Might need to polish some but it should work...

As for the needle bearing it looks lika a custom machined sleeve with the OD of the stock sleeve (add 7,5mm for centering the swing) and an ID of 20mm is the best option... At the same time a new small collar for centering the other side will be made...

Last edited by Tweety; 01-13-2009 at 11:34 AM.
Tweety is offline  
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
bmidd
Classifieds
4
02-17-2014 04:22 PM
SledRig
Technical Discussion
2
06-15-2010 08:30 PM
mclovin
General Discussion
5
10-12-2008 01:00 PM
TommyboyinMI
Classifieds
5
04-15-2007 06:16 PM
caffeineracer
General Discussion
1
01-02-2005 04:26 PM


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: All Balls Racing


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:14 AM.


© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands