General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

Aftermarket stuff?

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2006, 11:28 PM
Squid

seattlesucks
Aftermarket stuff?

So... I bought my 2002 Superhawk from a really good friend. It's got Jardine highmounts and a 15tooth sprocket, and he said that was all, but I'm wondering if the first owner did some other stuff to it too. For example;

-I'm a little over 300 pounds and have had my 140 pound girlfriend along for a ride. The only time the front shocks have bottomed out was a quick stop down a steep hill on a bumpy road. How would I know if the shocks are aftermarket?

-The front brake calipers don't look stock, but I'm not sure. Does anyone have a picture of the stock calipers?

-How do I check for stainless steel brake lines?

-What does the stock cam chain tensioner look like VS the manual one you can buy?
Old 04-06-2006, 12:05 AM
SuperSport

swordfish is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Aftermarket stuff?

I can only help with a few of your questions. first off, if you weigh 300lbs, and the forks don't feel squishy, I would guess that something has been done to them. but the only way to know for sure is to pull the springs and check.(not necessarily worth it just for bragging rights) I have suspisions about my forks being modified by the previous owner too. but I only weigh 170lbs, so it wouldn't be that obvious for me anyway. but mine have never really felt like they have the typical soft feel that everybody complains about either. if the front calipers are gold colored and say NISSIN on them, then they are probably stock. and the stock brake lines are black rubber. if yours look like they are a tight braided weave, and black, they might be carbon braided, if they are silver, or a dull metallic, with a tight braided weave, then they are probably steel braided. can't help you with the CCT, I don't know what the manual ones look like.
Old 04-06-2006, 06:42 AM
MotoGP

superhawk22 is an unknown quantity at this point
Some of the calipers came in black as well. Do you have a picture of them you could post? The manual cct's have a head on them for adjusting while a stock one in an enclosed unit. Like he said if the lines are ss you'll know becaues they aren't black rubber and are braided.
Old 04-06-2006, 11:21 AM
Back Marker

RVO27
Originally Posted by seattlesucks";p=&quot
-What does the stock cam chain tensioner look like VS the manual one you can buy?
Stock Tensioner

APE Manual Tensioner

^ The APE manual tensioner isn't always blue though ^
Old 04-06-2006, 11:26 AM
Back Marker

RVO27
Re: Aftermarket stuff?

Here is what the stock calipers look like