General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

954 gauge wiring Q:'s

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2011, 03:05 AM
Squid

uebergang is on a distinguished road
954 gauge wiring Q:'s

G'day all, im new to superhawkforum (firestorm here in aus) and think you guys have a realy good thing going here.
Now the fun part....
i'm ressurrecting a yellow vtr1000f '99 into a naked bike and have a cbr954 gauge with out a wiring harness and need to know how to wire up it all up . i've looked at the wiring diagrams for both the vtr and 954 but from what i can see only 6 wires correspond, but in saying that im not that electricaly minded so might be way out. have searched and read alot about this here and in google but nothing realy helps or is straight forward. so can anyone help out with:
(1) a pic of the back of a 954 gauge with original wiring harness to tell me what wire goes were
(2) how to wire the vtr gauge wires to the 954 gauge.
thanks
Old 04-28-2012, 12:14 PM
Squid

mopar_man is on a distinguished road
I'm in the same boat. Someone gave me a 929RR Cluster with the little harness that plugs into it. Some wiring help would be great, I'm sure someone has dealt with this before. Thanks a bunch for any help
Old 04-29-2012, 12:34 AM
Out of my mind, back in 5
MotoGP

Tweety is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by uebergang
G'day all, im new to superhawkforum (firestorm here in aus) and think you guys have a realy good thing going here.
Now the fun part....
i'm ressurrecting a yellow vtr1000f '99 into a naked bike and have a cbr954 gauge with out a wiring harness and need to know how to wire up it all up . i've looked at the wiring diagrams for both the vtr and 954 but from what i can see only 6 wires correspond, but in saying that im not that electricaly minded so might be way out. have searched and read alot about this here and in google but nothing realy helps or is straight forward. so can anyone help out with:
(1) a pic of the back of a 954 gauge with original wiring harness to tell me what wire goes were
(2) how to wire the vtr gauge wires to the 954 gauge.
thanks
Well, it took me about 30 seconds of looking at the two wiring diagrams to identify all but 4 wires that corresponds...

And it took me less time than that to search and find about 10+ threads on here that have a lot of usefull information for you...

Now, I could give you the full sheet of information, like that... I'm not going to... Not because I'm mean, but because you are IMHO somewhat lazy...

I am however going to tell you that the best way to find out how to wire the CBR cluster, is to get the plug... There are no manuals that give the complete plug out info...

So unless someone is willing to sit with a multimeter on his CBR954 and write down which pin goes where and to what wire for all the wires and their respective color, you are out of luck... An image won't really help, since I doubt anyone is willing to cut apart the harness sleeve to take a photo that shows the individual colors...

But with the plug in hand, armed with the two wiring diagrams, you should be able to match up at least half of the wiring without much work... 11 out of 17 are blatantly obvious... Then, ask and I'll gladly help with the rest...

mpar_man, with the plug in hand, and looking at old threads, you should be down to 3-4 wires not accounted for...
Old 04-30-2012, 09:11 PM
SuperSport

Stumpy is on a distinguished road
If you look you shall be rewarded with information.
If you look and put forth effort but do not find you shall be rewarded with help from the tweet man and not scorned

Now that is jmho (he has helped me many times I will not even try to count them.) So thanks again.
Old 05-24-2012, 12:11 PM
MotoGP

smokinjoe73 is on a distinguished road
To you guys who did this, how did you get the plug that goes into the gauges? Cant be done without it right?
Old 05-24-2012, 11:10 PM
Out of my mind, back in 5
MotoGP

Tweety is on a distinguished road
The plug isn't available without the attached wire harness... Go get one on eBay...