2007 Cbr

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2006, 04:56 PM
MotoGP

superhawk22 is an unknown quantity at this point
2007 Cbr

Thought you might want a looksie.

New for 2007

- Class-leading power-to-weight ratio for outstanding acceleration and handling.

- Smaller, lighter, more compact inline four-cylinder engine.

- Improved midrange performance and enhanced peak power.

- Significant weight reduction in engine and chassis.

- Repositioned transmission shafts within crankcase allow for shorter engine.

- New lightweight, forged-aluminum pistons incorporate special shot peening for added toughness.

- Lightweight magnesium head cover.

- New, single exhaust valve-springs.

- Smaller, lighter neodium magnet ACG.

- New transmission gear ratios.

- Smaller, lighter clutch.

- New front-brake vertical-piston master-cylinder system.

- Lighter weight stainless steel four-into-one exhaust features new inline-exhaust valve to control exhaust pressure for maximum performance.

- New intake-air control valve (IACV) minimizes torque reaction and smoothes response to small throttle changes through gradual reductions of air and fuel intake when the throttle is opened and closed.

- New non-resonance knock sensor maintains optimum spark advance while constantly monitoring combustion performance during mid- to high-speed operation.

- New nose-mounted ram-air induction directs fresh, cool air to a higher-volume airbox.

- New smaller and lighter Honda Electronic Steering Damper (HESD).

- Newly designed Fine Die-Cast (FDC) frame uses four large castings for lighter weight.

- Improved mass centralization.

- Redesigned radiator with compact dimensions improves cooling capacity.

- All-new bodywork enhances handling and performance.

- Revised rider triangle places rider 15mm back for improved comfort and handling.

- Handlebars raised 10mm for improved rider comfort.

- Center of gravity revised for more neutral response and easier side-to-side flickability.

- New, compact instrument design.

- Exciting new colors--Pearl White/Silver and Ultra Blue Metallic/Silver--join Red/Black and Black as color options.
Old 09-08-2006, 05:33 PM
Hmm?
SuperBike

marmaladedad is on a distinguished road
Side fairings? What are those?

Best thing about this bike, is that it will drive down the prices of used 600RRs for yours truly.
Old 09-08-2006, 06:29 PM
Escape Reality
SuperSport

calitoz is on a distinguished road
what is that? The bastard child of the R6 and GSX-r?...well still undertail anus..which is better than those stbby things
Old 09-08-2006, 07:42 PM
MotoGP

Originally Posted by marmaladeboy
Best thing about this bike, is that it will drive down the prices of used 600RRs for yours truly.
my thoughts exactly!!
Old 09-08-2006, 07:44 PM
MotoGP

Originally Posted by calitoz
what is that? The bastard child of the R6 and GSX-r?...well still undertail anus..which is better than those stbby things
First thing I thought of was that it looks a LOT like the R6.
Old 09-08-2006, 07:46 PM
SuperBike

EngineNoO9 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by marmaladeboy
Side fairings? What are those?

you and me both. i'd like to add a 05 to the stable once i finally get something going here... as well of course as your track plastics
Old 09-08-2006, 08:20 PM
MotoGP

mikstr is on a distinguished road
"well still undertail anus..which is better than those stbby things"

While it may be more aesthetically pleasing, I fail to see any other advantage to the "undertail anus". Disadvantages:
- heavier
- less optimal placement of weight (higher up and away from center of mass, negatively impacts responsiveness of bike)
- seat warmer with no off-switch

All told, I would gladly sacrifice a bit of aesthetics for function (this isn't a Harley after all where everything is geared to pleasing the great God of Marketing), especially on such a hard-edged sportbike. Just one man's opinion......

cheers
Mikstr

P.S. Sounds like a pretty amazing bike
Old 09-08-2006, 08:43 PM
SuperBike

EngineNoO9 is an unknown quantity at this point
that's why in motogp everyone runs stubby pipes right??

i understand the weight being higher up but seriously almost all RACE bikes have undertail exhausts. remove the stock exhaust and we're talking about the part that actually is higher is maybe 10lbs or so. you'll do more to fix that by losing 10lbs around your waist...
Old 09-08-2006, 09:34 PM
Squid

omniouslink is on a distinguished road
Ill take my twin over that bike anyday. Not that its a bad bike but its deffinatly not a 996. Im in love with twins and V4's what can I say...
Old 09-08-2006, 09:39 PM
MotoGP

MotoGP bikes have pipes running all over the place (not just under the seat). Besides, that is ALL they have are pipes (made from lightweight materials too), no heavy mufflers to consider (let's see what is that last part of the exhaust system located at the very back, farthest away from the center of mass???). Also, and correct me if I am wrong, but MotoGP bikes do not sit in traffic baking their rider's thighs on warm days....right?

Let's face it, the ground-breaking Ducati 916 got this trend off the ground and now some manufacturers seem compelled to follow for marketing reasons. I find it refreshing that some manufacturers (namely Suzuki, and Yamaha with the new R6) have the gonads to do it right for the right reasons.

BTW, I fully agree with you about the losing 10 lbs around your waist part (for most of us anyhow). IN terms of the manufacturing end of things, look at all the effort expended by ALL manufacturer to save a few grams on every single component all in the quest to save weight. Also, look at the trend to stacked gearboxes and the like, it has everythign to do with centralizing mass so to stick a "relatively" heavy exhaust system/muffler up high and away from the center of mass flies in the face of all their efforts elsewhere on the bike. At the end of the day, I doubt any of us mortals would actually notice the subtle difference in handling from this alone but I find it odd nonetheless. The thigh-fryer is the clincher in my book though.

Feel free to disagree, it's the beauty of living in a free society
Old 09-08-2006, 09:39 PM
Back Marker

Nanotech is on a distinguished road
I like the undertail look and always will...the stubbies just look odd to me.

Looks like a good bike got better, but I'll stick with my twin and then get a GSXR750 when I go to the dark side.
Old 09-08-2006, 09:46 PM
MotoGP

Originally Posted by mikstr
I find it refreshing that some manufacturers (namely Suzuki, and Yamaha with the new R6) have the gonads to do it right for the right reasons.
Well then let's give credit where credit is do, neither of them would've gone that way if it wasn't for Eric Buell. The Buell was the first bike to put the muffler under the bike to get the weight down low.
Old 09-08-2006, 09:51 PM
MotoGP

I find Buell has some interesting ideas, it is just a shame that he is handicapped with those ancient paint-mixer engines. If fate had landed him with an engine supplier whose designs were even remotely modern I am sure he could do some really amazing things. Example: imagine what he could do with the KTM 75 deg. 990 cc v-twin (very light engine, 40 lbs less than VTR, powerful, fuel injected,....). And that is but one of many.... In fact, he couldn't really have done any worse to be honest, IMHO

cheers
Old 09-08-2006, 09:53 PM
MotoGP

+1 to that, it's amazing the power he's getting out of those paint mixers. I wish they would at least let him play with the V-ROD engine.
Old 09-08-2006, 09:59 PM
MotoGP

To his credit, he is able to get power out of them by essentially redesigning them from the inside. Just look at the bore and stroke dimensions of his latest track bike. It is actually a semi-modern oversquare design as opposed to the looooooooooooong stroke standard HD design. In terms of the V-Rod, it does have the right basic ingredients (60 degree angle with balancer shaft, liquid-cooled,...) biut it would have to undergo a substantial diet to be an effective sportbike powerplant. It doesn't cost much to dream though...

BTW, sorry to highjack the thread (oops!!!)
Old 09-08-2006, 10:42 PM
MotoGP

NP I think it could be done,(V-ROD), BTW there're some rumblings in the Victory factory of possible future plans of a serious sportbike by the other American V2. Not until a few,(or several) years down the road but an interview with the top guys said it was a strong possibility. They bought 25% of the KTM shares btw which is where the diverse intrest is from. Oh and a lot of the undertail problems,(weight&heat), could be solved with carbon fiber.