General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

16 y/o swingarm pivot and danmoto rear sets

Old 03-05-2014, 03:28 PM
Superstock

insulinboy is on a distinguished road
16 y/o swingarm pivot and danmoto rear sets

Okay, I never, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever want to take out a swingarm pivot that has been in there that long again.. The grease had long since gone away and the pivot had rusted beyond imagine.. it was horrible and took me 2 hours to get it out (and yes I had the shock out of the bike before trying). after cleaning it off with a brass wire brush grinder, and admiring how pitted the rust had made it I applied a healty amount of grease and made a mess of putting it back in, but compared to coming out it was effortless and took all of 30 seconds, and slid back out again just as easy after I had realized I forgot to check the bearings and start the other screw that holds the right side rear set in place

The bearings were okay amazingly thought I might go ahead and order some new ones anyway.

The danmoto rear sets are AWESOME and worth their weight in gold, I as well as others didn't get the spacers or longer screws but a quick trip to ace hardware with a set of digital micrometers solved the issue. Just the removal of slop in the shifter is worth it.

Anyway I just wanted to bitch a moment about the swingarm pivot and tell everyone to go grease theirs right now
Old 03-05-2014, 03:42 PM
SuperSport

jscobey is on a distinguished road
I've come to realize my bike was maintained very we'll by the previous owner. When I pulled mine out to put the DM rearsets on, everything was greased we'll and smooth. No rust or pits. Buttery
Old 03-05-2014, 06:45 PM
Squid

Tofazfou is on a distinguished road
Alriiiiiiiiight, Insulboy. Good job. Mine is an O3 that had 17000 mile when I bought it and it was still well lubed but just black. I cleaned mine thoroughly too and it slid in like butter. Coming out wasn't so bad as far as TUG PRESSURE goes. For me, it was a pain in the **** trying to figure out how to get it out the easiest without damaging the threads.....lol!

glad you like the DM rear sets
Old 03-06-2014, 06:29 AM
Superstock

insulinboy is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Tofazfou
Alriiiiiiiiight, Insulboy. Good job. Mine is an O3 that had 17000 mile when I bought it and it was still well lubed but just black. I cleaned mine thoroughly too and it slid in like butter. Coming out wasn't so bad as far as TUG PRESSURE goes. For me, it was a pain in the **** trying to figure out how to get it out the easiest without damaging the threads.....lol!

glad you like the DM rear sets
mine is a 98 with 36K... it was ugly