General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

1200 miles what a weekend

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2008, 01:51 PM
Speedbump
Squid

Norcalblake is on a distinguished road
1200 miles what a weekend

Ok so in june i bought my 05 with 3500 miles on it.. do the math and thats 1166 miles a year. I live in the bay area and decided to take a road trip for the end of the summer to see some people down in San Diego. So i rode highway 5 all the way down and i have to say with the stock seat and clip on that was not the most fun ive ever had. Not only was butt killing me but when i was going up the grape vine i notice that all electrical went out.. no guages no lights of any kind. But i didnt want to stop cuz i didnt know if my starter would work. Found a cycle gear somewhere in the ventura area pulled over and found a wire broke off the ciruit board to the led tailights and it blew a fuse. So took care of that and got to SD. the next day i was ridding in pacific beach going to fast and being impatient and as i changed lanes i found my self needing to stop bout 30 feet shorter than i was able to and rearend a car.. luckly no damage to his car and no scratches to body work.. but lets say i was a little pissed at myself and it turns out these bikes arent hard to pick up... im an average size guy (5'9" 180 lb) but with anger and adrenaline i picked it up like it was nothing. But the best part was my route home... I took highway one from the north end of camp pendleton all the way home with a night at pismo.. man what an awesome road i was in heaven especially pismo to Big Sur, ill try and get some pics up... now got to get everything ready for my ride to Idaho in 3 weeks

p.s. o ya and my bike lost power in big sur a mile after a fill up.. i shut it off for a few min and it was ok.. anyone have that problem
Old 09-16-2008, 02:18 PM
Out of my mind, back in 5
MotoGP

Tweety is on a distinguished road
I'm guessing you filled it to the top?

If you fill it above the vent tube, no air can get in and it creates vaccum... Then you got no fuel coming out at the bottom and the bike looses power...

Open the the filler cap or just let the bike sit for a while and all is well again...
Old 09-16-2008, 02:33 PM
Superstock

sassage is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Tweety
I'm guessing you filled it to the top?

If you fill it above the vent tube, no air can get in and it creates vaccum... Then you got no fuel coming out at the bottom and the bike looses power...

Open the the filler cap or just let the bike sit for a while and all is well again...
that'd be my guess too

glad you were ok with that rear ender...check the forks over well to make sure they're ok as well
Old 09-16-2008, 06:29 PM
Speedbump
Squid

Norcalblake is on a distinguished road
I mean i do fill it to the top but never had that problem before and i actually didnt fill it as high as normal, but i was wondering about the vent... i guess ill just pay attention when i fill now... and as far as the forks go seems ok.. it goes straight, i took a quick messure of clip ons to tank and to faring to see if they were equal ( just some string to make sure it was close). I got most of my speed down by the time i hit.. just not enough... hell i even landed on my feet, it was just the nut check on the gas tank that didnt feel good