Forum Feedback Post tips, comments, problems, requests pertaining to the Forums.

Where's the beef?!?!?!

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2007, 05:32 PM
Back Marker

Slim is on a distinguished road
Where's the beef?!?!?!

Replace "beef" with "pics" and fill me in please?

There's tons of reference pics that are not showing here. I realize i'm new, so if someone wouldn't mind filling me in ..... i'd love to learn more, but when someone posts "you can see it here in this pic" and then there's no pic ..... there's also no learning.

Help?

I'm particularily interested in several things in the KB here, which seems a tremendous resource, but just missing that one last piece to complete.

PATIA!
Old 10-05-2007, 05:42 PM
Thats Mr Dill hole to you
Superstock

filter69 is on a distinguished road
Victims of the server crash alot of the pictures didnt make it back.
Old 10-05-2007, 05:43 PM
Back Marker

Slim is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by filter69
Victims of the server crash alot of the pictures didnt make it back.
Aaaaaaahhhhh, that explains it then. Thank you. I guess it's a good thing I upgraded my digi-cam recently.
Old 10-05-2007, 06:46 PM
MotoGP

nuhawk is on a distinguished road
yes, that's entirely correct. the picture links in the individual posts did not survive - as yet.

If there is a particular post that you are interested in PM the author and see if he can't post them up again.

Old 10-08-2007, 06:16 PM
Administrator
World Champion

Hawkrider will become famous soon enoughHawkrider will become famous soon enough
I'll email our tech guy.
Old 10-08-2007, 06:25 PM
MotoGP

There are a couple abnormal behaivors that I think tech guy needs to hear about too. The sign on process, 200 pm's, why do the smilies have to load everytime - can't these go to cache? Do a survey (short and sweet) and put those smilies in the box >>>>>over there instead of all the **** nobody uses, bitch, bitch, bitch

Git er done!
Old 10-08-2007, 09:21 PM
Moderate-whore
MotoGP

Randman is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by nuhawk
There are a couple abnormal behaivors that I think tech guy needs to hear about too.
Git er done!
Did someone ring? I heard Abnormal behaivor, so here I am!!!
Old 10-09-2007, 03:01 PM
Administrator
World Champion

Hawkrider will become famous soon enoughHawkrider will become famous soon enough
Doug,

Good points. Really, though, how many PMs do you need? I figured 200 would be more than enough.

As for smilies feel free and start a poll thread in this subforum. I'll be happy to tally the results and put the most commonly used ones in the box. I have that capability. FWIW, I use quick reply almost all the time.

As for caching, that's server settings which I do not have access to, and I think security settings are related to this. Remember we have a much more secure server now...and I like it thatta way!
Old 10-09-2007, 09:33 PM
MotoGP

I like the idea of the tighter security too, we haven't had a spammer since the new stuff was brought on line. So I think we're on the same page there, Hr.

The two hundred PM's is tight because I use the stored PM's to remember what I got from whom and how much I paid for it. Also a way to store special messages from people on the forum - like when I crashed. Those messages were valuable to me - they meant a lot. No big really - just being able to store them to text makes what you're looking for virtually impossible.

This is all little **** but getting the pictures back into the threads in the archive is really important.
Old 10-10-2007, 03:31 AM
Moderate-whore
MotoGP

Just copy your messages and paste them to word...I do that a lot with other things...
Old 10-10-2007, 05:19 PM
MotoGP

Do you get the title and the date along with the body of the message, KC? I'll have to DC the archive that I created but if IRC that information was lost. That body of the message goes to text but the date/title is missing.
Old 10-10-2007, 05:29 PM
Moderate-whore
MotoGP

Originally Posted by nuhawk
Do you get the title and the date along with the body of the message, KC? I'll have to DC the archive that I created but if IRC that information was lost. That body of the message goes to text but the date/title is missing.
Lazy ***...LOL....
Old 10-10-2007, 07:42 PM
MotoGP

I double checked just now and all the information is there. There is one other thing that a lot of the guys have trouble with and that's the size allowed for posting pictures within a reply or post. 90kb is mighty small. Just my .02
Old 10-11-2007, 04:13 PM
Administrator
World Champion

I can bump that up a little too, but still most pics are over 1Mb out of the camera. You still need some kind of program to get them down to internet size. You also have to take into consideration those that are bandwidth-challenged. Here in the US most of us probably have cable or DSL, but our english speaking brethren in Bangledesh might not.
Old 10-11-2007, 04:56 PM
MotoGP

Yeah, Erik says don't even bother sending pix. Before they moved up to Warrior Base they had 4 phones and 16 computers on a 4Mb satellite shot.