Forum Feedback Post tips, comments, problems, requests pertaining to the Forums.

GREAT INFO STICKY??? can we make one?

Old 12-21-2007, 05:51 PM
OUCH... MY A$$ HURTS!!!
SuperSport

joshuatest is an unknown quantity at this point
GREAT INFO STICKY??? can we make one?

ok guy's...

as a "newbie", but also a highly active member of the import truck off roading world, and/or nissan frontier modification world... I have been put in a position where i am trying to find the best info that is probably the info that you regulars get tired of seeing asked over and over again...

So...

I'm guessing we have the ability to "STICKY" a thread right? If so, is anybody up for a common mods thread?

Here is an example of one I started in on a Nissan Frontier specific forum, which started by asking people to chime in (edited that out through time, and just left the good stuff)...

http://www.clubfrontier.org/forums/s...ad.php?t=21534

Anyway...

As I'm planning on signing the buyers order on Monday, and pickup up my new SuperHawk sometime next week after christmas, I've found myself wondering what sprocket change i want them to do for me, and what lower fairing i'm gonna get, and what intergrated brake/turn signal options are out there.. What the best aftermarket parts sites are, what the best honda parts sites are, and stuff like that...

after being a part of the vehicle specific forums for a couple years now, i think its something every forum can appreciate...

So, who's up for it????????????????????????????

Anybody?
Old 12-21-2007, 05:53 PM
OUCH... MY A$$ HURTS!!!
SuperSport

I did see the parts supplier sticky... which handles some of this info... but anyway... hopefully it makes since
Old 12-22-2007, 12:18 PM
Squid

junocdx is on a distinguished road
I think this sounds like a good idea. I'm a new SHawk owner, so I've been going through these forums trying to find info on all kinds of mods and things. I use the search function as much as possible, but I end up spending hours reading through threads just to find small tidbits of information. Something like this would be extremely helpful.

BUT...
Greg has a really good FAQ and even an iFAQ on his website:
http://home.nycap.rr.com/ghlbo/index.html
Old 12-22-2007, 12:38 PM
OUCH... MY A$$ HURTS!!!
SuperSport

thanks for the link... I'll go through that here in a few...

The thing I like about the idea is having a "starting point" for newbies... Usually there are two types of people who come to a forum like this... 1) somebody who is buying, or has a superhawk and wants to somehow modify it, or 2) somebody who has one that needs technical support..

technical support is usually case by case situations... but the modifications are typically always gonna be the same sorts of questions... So you give a base info section, then people can dig in farther in new threads or via searching once they have an idea of what is even out there...
Old 12-22-2007, 08:25 PM
Administrator
MotoGP

E.Marquez is on a distinguished road
Welcome to the site, and your idea is not without merit.

My take on a “Have to do sticky”

1: You only get one or two opinions on how to do it.
2: Threads like these are quickly trashed with non topic posts, and become useless for the very reason you are asking for it.. a short condensed list of common modifications.
3: The new rider will look at the “Official” modification thread, and not know, that it is just part of the things that can be done, and only part of the ways to do it.

I personally believe it is much better to look though the General, Modification, Technical Help, and cosmetic modification forums and see what is up with the bike, from there you will find a few common themes, you can then do searches for those items or mods, and get all the specific info you want.

I do this with all new bikes, cars, trucks, ,Toy haulers or what ever I get….Spend a few hours over a few days and you’ll knew everything you every wanted to about that item...

So as to not be that guy that sounds like he does to listen to others opinions.,. We can try this...

Post your replies to this thread with "I've found myself wondering what sprocket change i want them to do for me, and what lower fairing i'm gonna get, and what intergrated brake/turn signal options are out there.. What the best aftermarket parts sites are, what the best honda parts sites are, and stuff like that..."

Type posts...

Everything else will be deleted. So we can keep the thread on topic and clean. Please do not add non topic specific posts, as that just takes away from the idea of a clean sticky with help for the new SH owner..
Once we have a few replies, I’ll move the thread, change the name, give some basic ideas and rules to help it along, and sticky it in the general forum.

As long as it does not become a MOD nightmare to keep up with… It should work within it’s own limitations.

Last edited by E.Marquez; 12-22-2007 at 08:32 PM.
Old 12-23-2007, 07:23 AM
OUCH... MY A$$ HURTS!!!
SuperSport

Thanks man...

(feel free to clean this post out.. lol)

I usually go through new posts in the one i have on clubfrontier and when somebody add's good stuff, I edit my original post with the updated info... so yes, while the majority of the thread is off topic, the first post is 100% info...

I've been comming back here since the day i registered reading, and reading, and reading... But since i don't know anybody personally with a superhawk, or haven't had the chance to ride mine yet... I guess i just don't know exactly what i'm looking to do... So this would be the "start point" lol that could kinda sum up what mods can be done, what mods are suggested to be done (which of course is opinion, but i have seen people complain about the seat... so i would assume this is atleast to the common level... I think 16/43 is what my sprocket swap option is with out changing the chain (which i'm gonna try having them do it for free before i pick up the bike)

well... i guess i'm just cluttering up my own thread huh? lol

thanks for the assistance though... I do appreciate all the help available to us from these forums...