Everything Else Anything and everything NON-VTR related

Why don't we delete stuff?

Old 12-03-2011, 04:38 AM
Superstock

sheldonsl is on a distinguished road
Why don't we delete stuff?

I'm on a few forums here on the good ol' internet and wonder why certain threads hang around? If I post, "will anyone give me this part?" and someone does, can I go back and delete the whole conversation as if it never happened? If a thread has no relevance and is not being brought up anymore, can it be booted off the air, so to speak? I ask out of pure ignorance as I'm not a MOD and think there must be some benefit to creating space for new threads. Yea or nuh uh?
Old 12-03-2011, 08:12 AM
SuperSport

mboe794 is on a distinguished road
Keeping old for sale threads around helps out the community because others can get an idea of the going rate. They are usually locked but not deleted.

I could see getting rid of the very old threads without relevent information. But who's to say what's relevent and what's not? I have come across quite a few threads from many years ago that were helpfull to me.
Old 12-03-2011, 10:14 AM
Superstock

sheldonsl is on a distinguished road
I figured the original poster could decide what should be preserved for our children's children and what could be scrapped. Lots of name calling, finger pointing, bitching and moaning could be knocked off to make room for new stuff.