Everything Else Anything and everything NON-VTR related

Super Bonehead move!!! DOH......

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2008, 10:37 AM
Back Marker

Vega (streetfighter) is on a distinguished road
Super Bonehead move!!! DOH......

So my new rear tire showed up at my front door yesterday and Im super stoked to get it put on. In order to pull off my rear wheel I have to ride to my dads house because he has a garage and tools, you know all that stuff. So Im trying to figure out a way to ride to my dads and bring my new tire with me so I wouldnt have to make two trips with a car. Ah HA... Ill just wear the tire around my waist like the fricken michelin man. So I hop on my bike with the tire around me and I ride off to my pops place when I realize that I need gas. I pull over to the gas station unlock the gas cap and when I hop off the bike the stupid tire clips the key thats hanging out of the gas cap and snaps that **** right off.....In my head IM thinkin ****>>>>>> Here is this big idiot wearing a tire with a broken key. To make things worse I locked the bars to the left when I pulled the key out of the ignition, not on purpose but it just happened. Long story short a guy riding a RC51 pulls in for gas about 2 minutes later and with his pocket knife and my pocket knife we are able to shim the broken peice of key out and my dad comes with a trailor to haul the bird back to my place. I take the key that is in two peices to a local locksmith and he is able to make me a few copies. SOOOOOOO, all in all no harm no foul. the new keys cost me $60.00 but thats a lot cheaper than it could have been if a locksmith had to come out to me. So Ned on your RC 51 THank YOU BRO. Just a great display of dipshitedness I thought some of you might enjoy....
Old 09-25-2008, 10:43 AM
MotoGP

ghopki1 is on a distinguished road
Gee, I thought that I was having a bad day....

Thanks for keeping me in perspective.....
Old 09-25-2008, 10:46 AM
The Hypno-Toad
Superstock
Superstock

Kendrick is on a distinguished road
Thanks for sharing. The thought of someone standing there with a tire around his waist and a broken key brightened my day. Of course I do have a strange sense of humor. Hope you're laughing about it too, now that it's over.
Old 09-25-2008, 11:09 AM
SuperSport

Death Cattle is on a distinguished road
it must have been fun getting the bike on the trailer with the handlebars locked huh?
Old 09-25-2008, 11:18 AM
Back Marker

Originally Posted by Death Cattle
it must have been fun getting the bike on the trailer with the handlebars locked huh?
Yup..... and it was also a bitch to get off the trailer too. But me and another guy holding the weight in the back and my pops up front made it happen.
YOu know What I was laughing at myself about an hour after it all happened and my buddies esspecially got a kick out of the story.
Old 09-25-2008, 11:28 AM
Back Marker

scarface is on a distinguished road
HAHA! sorry bro, but that sounds like something that would happen to me.
Old 09-25-2008, 11:28 AM
Squid

Oppenheimer
Good to know I'm not the only idiot out there. Haven't been there, or done THAT, but enough other things.

I woulda worn the tire 'bandito' style, like an ammo belt across the shoulder...
Old 09-25-2008, 11:30 AM
Superstock

Lefin102 is on a distinguished road
Don't feel so bad a little while ago I was cleaning my BlackBird 1100XX mint condition original 97' and I decided to work on the front wheel. so instead of moving the bike I pulled on the wheel and right off the stand it came. i dove under to save it but still managed to scratch the alt cover and left pipe. Note to self " don't ever do that again"

However you do get the bone head award of the week! I would have never had the nerve to wear the tire. Thats got to hurt. Any pic's
Old 09-25-2008, 11:32 AM
AZ RIDER
Superstock

lynchie is on a distinguished road
The next time i am angry, i will read this and feel better ...if anything ever happens like this to me, i hope im have retained some sanity to come back and write you guys about it..

thanks veg
Old 09-25-2008, 11:33 AM
Squid

1zeppfan is on a distinguished road
I wear the tire just like that every time i need to get it changed. Glad everything worked out.
Old 09-25-2008, 11:36 AM
SuperBike

RickB is on a distinguished road
+1 on the "bandito" story... thanks for the laugh!

Originally Posted by Oppenheimer
Good to know I'm not the only idiot out there. Haven't been there, or done THAT, but enough other things.

I woulda worn the tire 'bandito' style, like an ammo belt across the shoulder...
Old 09-25-2008, 11:38 AM
Back Marker

bundleofgrundle is on a distinguished road
it must be something about this week man. I was riding from eastern mass up to burlington Vt and i got about a hour west and realized my front tire was really low...like flat low...so i'm looking down at the front end while still mounted on the bike and it started leaning and there was no stopping it. laid the thing down at a stoplight with traffic all around me. luckily i pull into the adjacent gas station which i promptly pulled behind and tried to gather my self respect and iced my ego. Tire was flat, brake lever was tweaked. I tried bending the lever back and SNAP! awesome. only 400 and something more miles to go and now i have an inch of brake lever left. luckily the tire issue was a loose valve in the stem. OK good to go now. about a hundred miles of highway riding i'm merging onto rt 89 and go to downshift. get from 6th to 5th fine...go to find 4th.....nothing there...the bolt holding on the shifter linkage rattled itself out and decided that dragging itself on the ground would be more fun than letting me shift it. pulled off to the side of the highway, managed to hand tighten the bolt enough to get back on the highway.

i guess this is why they tell you to do a preride inspection. dont worry though Vega, we all have our moments.
Old 09-25-2008, 11:55 AM
Superstock

Duck007 is on a distinguished road
****, too funny guys! I'm still laughing. Guess we all take a turn in the barrel sooner or later. Glad you kept your sense of humor about it all. As long as you can laugh about it, it's all good.
Old 09-25-2008, 12:14 PM
Superstock

sassage is on a distinguished road
thanks for the laugh...that would've been a priceless look on your face the moment you realized what happened.

on a side note, $60 for keys is pretty high. I think I got a spare from the stealer for my VTX for $8 and I thought that was high
Old 09-25-2008, 12:29 PM
Back Marker

Originally Posted by sassage

on a side note, $60 for keys is pretty high. I think I got a spare from the stealer for my VTX for $8 and I thought that was high
Ya, The first copy was $35.00 because I brought him a broken key and he made it work, $5.0 for each of the other two I got plus some keychain I bought. after taxes $60.00. It was money that I didnt plan on spending but cheaper than it could have been.
Old 09-25-2008, 12:43 PM
SuperSport

PUSHrod is on a distinguished road
Each of my motorcycles has always had a spare key zip tied to the frame in an obscure location.
Old 09-25-2008, 01:48 PM
Superstock

Originally Posted by PUSHrod
Each of my motorcycles has always had a spare key zip tied to the frame in an obscure location.
I'll remember that next time I see you

probably not a horrible idea considering a thief can get your bike with or without a key...what's insurance say about a theft if there is a key 'on' the bike?
Old 09-25-2008, 04:38 PM
I could ride in
SuperBike

LineArrayNut is on a distinguished road
Ok, here's mine:

I go to Riverfest in Chattanooga. Listen to a good band, slam some beers, get a buzz, dance with the hot girl till the buzz is gone, got the # and a kiss; all's good - right?

Put the key in the lock...oops fumble!

Drop the key down the effing engine bay.

12 midnite, can't find the key, every body is leaving, have to bitch ride as pillion behind my buddy 46 miles back home. Get the spare and have to repeat as above.

Can't find the key in the daylight, either.

Start taking the tank off and my buddy reaches in around the oil filter and goes "Here it is!"

I now have an obnoxious large key fob and plenty of lube on the trap door in the lock. And a really good idea why chicks tense up when I get on the gas...
Old 09-25-2008, 06:00 PM
SuperBike

Wicky is on a distinguished road
Shed a tear for this poor kwacker owner on his ****-up and the international notoriety he's unleashed...

http://www.zxforums.com/forums/zx-6r...need-help.html

Last edited by Wicky; 09-25-2008 at 06:02 PM.
Old 09-25-2008, 07:05 PM
MotoGP

VTRsurfer is on a distinguished road
And here I always thought that by riding a motorcycle at least I'll never have to go through the "locked the keys in my car" routine.

I stand corrected.
Old 09-26-2008, 08:29 AM
Sexual Daredevil
SuperSport

Location: Mother Earth- orbiting around Charlotte, NC. But now over the border in S.C.
motojoe is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Wicky
Shed a tear for this poor kwacker owner on his ****-up and the international notoriety he's unleashed...

Friends don't let friends use a drill. LOL
Old 09-26-2008, 10:00 AM
SuperSport

CentralCoaster is on a distinguished road
I'm cracking up just picturing this in my head...

If the gas station was uphill, you could've laid on your side and rolled back home.

I have to admit though, I've considered doing this.
Old 09-26-2008, 10:38 AM
SuperBike

L8RGYZ is an unknown quantity at this point
Ha! Ha! Funny!

Stuff like that never happens to me 'cuz I'm prefect.
Old 09-26-2008, 11:01 AM
SuperSport

CentralCoaster is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Wicky

Whoops...
http://www.zxforums.com/forums/off-t...ike-wwotd.html
Old 09-26-2008, 03:21 PM
Superstock

Originally Posted by LineArrayNut
I now have........ And a really good idea why chicks tense up when I get on the gas...
Old 09-26-2008, 05:09 PM
MotoGP

VTRsurfer is on a distinguished road
In the past I've seen guys doing that, but usually with the tire over one shoulder and under the other arm. But I don't think that would work with a modern sportbike rear tire.

Around the waist might actually make good crash protection though.