Everything Else Anything and everything NON-VTR related

new pics of the rc51 while riding

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2009, 06:36 PM
Superstock

thefauxnarchist is on a distinguished road
new pics of the rc51 while riding

Made the (normally 40 mile) 60 mile trip back to my apt near campus--i took pacific coast hwy this time. This pic was taken @ a pit stop i made @ McDonalds...traffic wasnt bad, but with a full backpack and luggage, i was ready for a break. It was probably an hour coming until i reached that point. For some reason i think i hit EVERY red light...

Old 02-09-2009, 08:03 PM
evil man of nothing
MotoGP

captainchaos is on a distinguished road
Damn she sure is nice. Sweet ride.
Old 02-09-2009, 08:07 PM
SuperSport

CentralCoaster is on a distinguished road
Which campus?

I went to college at Cal Poly, but damn do I regret not having a bike at the time. Some of the best roads you'll find anywhere.
Old 02-09-2009, 08:57 PM
MotoGP

VTRsurfer is on a distinguished road
I don't think there is a sexier looking bike than the RC51.

Having said that, how does your butt feel after all those red lights on PCH?
Old 02-09-2009, 08:59 PM
mildly retarded
SuperBike

j shizzy wizzy is on a distinguished road
that DC sticker is gay.
Old 02-09-2009, 09:48 PM
MotoGP

VTRsurfer is on a distinguished road
The cup holder is pretty cool though.
Old 02-09-2009, 10:56 PM
mildly retarded
SuperBike

j shizzy wizzy is on a distinguished road
I'm just kidding! I love that bike. After all the hub bub about it not being all that comfy, I'm shocked to see touring bags on it. you must have ***** of steel.
Old 02-09-2009, 11:02 PM
Superstock

thefauxnarchist is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by j shizzy wizzy
that DC sticker is gay.
woo great. i could care less for it, but p/o stuck it on there and there'd be more damage than its worth trying to take it off--hence the new plastics im ordering (in black and grey 2005/2006 schema, see my blog for pics)

vtrsurfer: haha, yeah the cup holder, didnt even realize it. i kinda just stuck my cup there for the pic. anyways, amazingly my bum had no complaints, it was my back giving me a fuss because it was somewhat heavy and in conjuction with the tailbag, i was completely unable to sit straight up or stretch my back while at rest or a red light. kinda sucked. otherwise, i have almost no complaint on the ergos of the rc51. the bars are a smidge low and forward, but nothing my 6'0" frame cant handle. (it might be that im in my early 20's also haha.) no complaints with foot position although i do get a cramp every once in awhile. that happens to me on the hawk too. seat is rather flat, but its nice because it gives me alot of freedom as far as plopping down on the seat--with the hawk i kind of got locked into a single position unless i physically fought it.

bottom line though, the rc51's strongest points are obviously drive/powerrtain and suspension, hands down. no worrying about suspension upsetting so easily while leant over, no worrying about pegs touching down like the fastbikes boys on "how to pull wheelies and impress people" (not that i can ride like BSB pros! i just get those flashing images in my head of frosty byrne(?) chasing down a TLR and a 996 in france and eating it hard from is peg catching on the asphalt.) ive dragged pegs on my sportster, and everytime i hear that scratchin sound, i see images of that video--not cool. anyways, my suspension is nowhere near set up, and even still, it handles quite well, albeit a bit heavy and truckish at low speeds around town, but that's not what the rc51 was designed for!