Everything Else Anything and everything NON-VTR related

The new guy!

Old 05-17-2008, 10:06 AM
Shredding Asphalt
Superstock

MisfitToy is on a distinguished road
The new guy!

Hey everybody hows it going? Ill introduce myself first. My names Andrew and Im a 22 yr old. Sergeant in the Marines. Currently at Camp Pendleton but I grew up in San Diego and now I'm home. I have been an avid 2wheel affianato my whole life but never had my own street bike outside of a dual sport and supermotards. I have been riding almost my whole life though.

Anyways the reason I got into street bikes was honestly well I had wanted one for years but it wasnt a priority. but now my morning commute of 26mi each way is killing me in gas and if I can convince my other half that I could save some bills AND get a street bike well now I get to sence I sold my toyota rock truck. Anyways I plan on buying iscoots Shawk. The reason I picked an Shawk was because I realy like V-twins and wanted one I could comnute with and grow into as well as it being reliable. I have ridden R1's, gsxr 750's CBR600's but the super hawk as everything I was looking for.
So if you see a red or black Ducati M900(dads) A red 650hawk(brothers) and black Shawk around the mountians in San Deigo say Hello or mabey on the commute up the 5 along base! Hope to see you all around and mabey go on some rides.
Take Care
Andrew
Old 05-17-2008, 10:12 AM
Superstock

trinity012 is on a distinguished road
Welcome to Honda Superhawk Forum.
Old 05-17-2008, 10:19 AM
Superstock

pigwings
Thumbs up Semper Fi

Hollywood Marine, eh?
Welcome to the forum, jarhead.
Old 05-17-2008, 10:34 AM
Back Marker

SD Hawk is on a distinguished road
See you on the 5, 56 or on the way to Julian and Palomar.
Old 05-17-2008, 11:55 AM
Shredding Asphalt
Superstock

Im sure you will I live on the 76 it takes about 30min to get to palomar.
Old 05-17-2008, 12:21 PM
SuperBike

RickB is on a distinguished road
Welcome to the forum!
Old 05-17-2008, 12:29 PM
SuperSport

haknslash is on a distinguished road
Welcome!
Old 05-17-2008, 02:21 PM
MotoGP

VTRsurfer is on a distinguished road
40+ years ago my friends and I used to run and hide from the Jarheads at Trestles, or flip them off if we were in the water. I've lived in San Clemente for over 20 years now and I salute you Marines for everything you are doing.
Old 05-17-2008, 05:00 PM
OUCH... MY A$$ HURTS!!!
SuperSport

joshuatest is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by MisfitToy
I sold my toyota rock truck.
NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO...

WHY????????????????????????????

Stop selling toy's.... Tell the wifey you HAVE TO HAVE IT, and BUY IT...

but anyway, whats done is done... My wife said buying the SuperHawk was a bad idea, and we shouldn't spent that much money... So my purchase just took two extra day's... I refuse to sell any toy's... Everytime I do, I end up wishing I still had it... hmmm... My 91 Mitsubishi 3000GT VR4 I bought at 18... hmmm... yea, that car got me so much.... well, yea, and i also was driving it when i met my wife.. lol

Well... Welcome aboard... Good luck on your purchase, I am sure you will love the bike... I sure do.

What kinda Yota did you sell?

My Nissan is not really a "rock truck", but I do spend several weekends a year in PA and other southern states at ORV parks with her... 01 Frontier, SuperCharged, Crew Cab, H233 Locker rear, TJM T-17 winch bumper, Hella 500FF's, Shrockworks rock sliders, Skid Row full belly skids, HooHa Centerlink, AC HD Adjusters, Modded and sealed intake (snorkel comming soon), TRUE 33.5" rubber, Calmini HD UCA's, AC Super low-pro bump stops, Shackles, 3pc deaver AAL's, 3.5" front/5" rear lift, and LOTS AND LOTS of trail induced pen striping... (and the list goes on and on)....

Old 05-18-2008, 09:38 AM
Shredding Asphalt
Superstock

my truck was a 89 xcas SAS dual marlin crawler t-cases marlin cralwer tranny, 5inch lift flat belly, bobbed 6in, gesseted and armored axels, square front drive, 38in bias ply swampers and allied beadlocks.

Not much could stop that truck. but now that I dont have to drive my 4runner to work every day I can put it under the knife. I plan on sas it with a D44 linked read leafed front and dual tcases. hehe
Old 05-18-2008, 10:55 AM
OUCH... MY A$$ HURTS!!!
SuperSport

joshuatest is an unknown quantity at this point
Nice...

I've got plans to SAS soon. Once I get moved to KY, I'm gonna start putting this one under the knife... I have a set of F250 full width axles D44 open knuckle, high pinion and D60 rear... However I've really considered finding a Waggy D44 because they are .5" wider than my stock 233 rear thats already locked. And I'm happy with my somewhat narrow set up... I've really only got plans or running a 36-37" tire at most. possibly only 35's.. I ran the bias ply 34" LTB's for a while off road, but now i'm working with the Maxxis bighorns, which are great for on road, and hold there own off...

I have a rear tube bumper being fabbed up in the next week or two, which will turn the corner and offer some bedside protection. Snorkel ordered, and who know's what else will be added sometime.. I am in need of re-gearing, as i'm working with 4.9's now, but thats WAY to much money to spend on axles that may not be used anymore...

Well good luck with the bike, and the 4runner... I've always loved those on the trails...
Old 05-18-2008, 08:25 PM
Shredding Asphalt
Superstock

thanks yeah I was gonna work on the 4runer now and not get a bike but I needed/ wanted a bike. Just picked up a 99hawk today so now I got time to tear down the runner