Everything Else Anything and everything NON-VTR related

My daughter and depression

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2014, 09:35 PM
MotoGP

nuhawk is on a distinguished road
I've labored long and hard about what makes young people lose hope and become entangled in this endless spider web of death. When you first walk through a spider web as a young kid you just get the ******* and wipe it off. Some us can't do it like that. I don't think we make soft ground for kids that are learning for the first time that they're not going to be a rock star, an important person on TV, a race car driver, a model. I think today's society only knows the high spots and not the norm. This causes problems for kids that are probably already looking for answers.

The web just gets thicker and darker for these folks. Things are weird enough when you're a teen but depression adds a whole new element. Part of me thinks that we all have had our moments but thought through it or fought through it and tomorrow is another day. And I don't mean to make light of long term stints with it. In some ways I'm a survivor of it. For months and for years it would drag on. I can't tell you of the happy moment why I didn't do it. Maybe I was just lazy. I don't think so.

I don't like to call it a disease but it's just as robbing as the worst form of cancer and is for the most part just as little understood and controllable or curable.

When my Dad died when I was eleven one of my dipshit uncles walked up to me and laid his arms over my shoulders and said, remember son, life is for the living. I thought that was harsh at the time but as I have reflected on that entire experience it has resonated with me. We're here to remember their pain.

I lost a brother-in-law, two of them to suicide. One a troubled marriage the other a troubled business. Both men younger than myself and both missed very much. Trudge on Whisen - trudge on.
Old 06-17-2014, 12:40 PM
not a
Back Marker

jonjonsocal is on a distinguished road
Sorry for your loss.. Ill definitely talk to my kids about it and check out the organizations you talked about on your last post.. I have a 19yo girl, 8yo boy and 5yo boy.. I know that there are no words that would make you feel better but I will spread the word.. My family is all over facebook so it will get out there..

JON
Old 06-17-2014, 01:03 PM
Back Marker

pchrist is on a distinguished road
Sorry for your loss, thoughts and prayers your way!!!
Old 06-17-2014, 07:12 PM
Old and dangerous
SuperSport
SuperSport

rz_racer_69 is on a distinguished road
That is heartbreaking. I have a 14 year old son that is beginning to have difficulty coping. So far, he is showing more anger than depression. I went through the same thing. Never had depression issues, but had a quick temper that would boil quickly.

Hope you and your family are able to find sone peace during these tragic times. It's been a few months now for you, so hopefully time is doing its thing, and numbing the pain.

Let me know if I can do anything, or you want to go for a ride. Apparently, I live right down the street from you.
Old 06-17-2014, 07:45 PM
Squid

2wheelsagain is on a distinguished road
Sending love hugs and support from Australia.
Thats a terrible things to go through.
Stay strong and look after each other and dont be afraid to ask for help or support.
You are not alone. I have lost a child but not in this way.
Old 06-18-2014, 07:31 AM
SportTouring
Superstock

Onomea is on a distinguished road
My deepest sympathy goes out to you and yours. May you somehow find peace in knowing that she is suffering no more. She will always be with you, just close your eyes and remember the quality good times shared. Wes.
Old 06-18-2014, 09:20 AM
Back Marker

Badboy01 is on a distinguished road
I am truly sorry for your loss. I lost a son who was only six years old several years ago as he and my ex-wife were struck by an elderly driver as they were walking into a Target store. Elderly driver struck several other people and rammed into the building, but only my son was killed. I understand your pain, and it will never go away. Continue to question why him, why were they there at that exact moment, etc. Finally you realize it was in God's hands and that you truly have no control over life. Love to you and your family, and lean on each other as much as possible. You will get thru this!