Everything Else Anything and everything NON-VTR related

Depression

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2012, 04:17 PM
Administrator
MotoGP

E.Marquez is on a distinguished road
Depression

Depression is having a sunny day, mild temps, off work, and being so sore and swollen you can not get your helmet on.

Depression is having a sunny day, mild temps, off work, and being so stoned and swollen you can get your helmet on, but can't understand who moved the opening to the back of the helmet..

Depression is having a sunny day, mild temps, off work, and understanding your helmet is not going to be on your head, opening forward for several weeks.
Old 10-12-2012, 04:26 PM
Superstock

blamecanada is on a distinguished road
: (
Old 10-12-2012, 05:05 PM
SuperBike

scottiemann is on a distinguished road
I feel your pain buddy...well not necessarily your pain but the depression part...

Depression is having 2 more months of the riding season left and having some old lady not follow the rules of the road and causing you to total your bike...

Depression is stepping out your front door everyday to go to work and looking at your bike mangled and not even being able to work on it for fear insurance company screw
Old 10-12-2012, 05:06 PM
SuperBike

S you over

What happened to you by the way? Why so swollen?

Sorry for the double post I'm on my cell phone
Old 10-12-2012, 05:37 PM
Administrator
MotoGP

Originally Posted by scottiemann

What happened to you by the way? Why so swollen?
Tooth extraction, another with root canal, , gums flayed back about 2 inches, jaw bone ground on with a neat little stainless steel bur, and a bone graft...
Old 10-12-2012, 07:18 PM
SuperBike

Ouch!!!

Alright you got me beat... well I hope your recovery goes smoothly and you can fit that helmet on soon without the help of narcotics...
Old 10-12-2012, 08:25 PM
SuperSport

1971allchaos is on a distinguished road
DEPRESSION is for you two- to to talk to my psycholohgist....
Old 10-12-2012, 08:27 PM
Superstock

Squid is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by scottiemann
Ouch!!!

Alright you got me beat... well I hope your recovery goes smoothly and you can fit that helmet on soon without the help of narcotics...
+1 on all above. Thats the one place over all that I hate getting work done.
Old 10-12-2012, 08:39 PM
SuperBike

My psychologist is on its way to me now in the form of a check from my insurance company... and a day off tomorrow to build some shelving, clean the house and tear down my SH... and maybe a 6 pack

That's all the therapy I need for the time being :P
Old 10-13-2012, 08:17 AM
MotoGP

smokinjoe73 is on a distinguished road
I dont know, I think a broken collar bone & ribs is way worse. You can see the sun and breathe the air... Every day above ground is a good day. You will ride again.

Lots of poor slobs NEVER ride a motorcycle their whole lives.
Old 10-13-2012, 08:35 AM
Well take off, eh.
SuperBike

Jack Flash is on a distinguished road
Depression is not having a hockey season....but that's a whole other story...snif,snif
Old 10-13-2012, 08:47 AM
Back Marker

NH-Raptor is on a distinguished road
More for you depression hogs. Having to put the bike up early because I was clumsy, fell in my cellar working on a project and tore a rotator cuff. Post operation healing time before removing annoying sling.......six to eight weeks of which I am only in eleven days. Sucks just sitting around. May be allowed to go back to work after November 1st. This is the first time in 38 years of my working career that I've had to take more then a few days off and the inactivity by far seems worse then the operation. Needless to say I am even now looking forward to spring 2013!
Old 10-13-2012, 08:49 AM
Back Marker

NH-Raptor is on a distinguished road
and no NHL hockey just adds to the pain.
Old 10-13-2012, 12:57 PM
Back Marker

Tebs is on a distinguished road
Depression - being off work for 21 months (dont ask) then finally getting a job outside my chosen industry - I'm now selling Jeep Chrysler and Dodge products when my veins bleed Ford blue! ARGH!!!!!!!!

I broke my femur years ago in 2 places (yes that effing HURTS!!) and it took me 6 months to learn how to walk again. Time really does heal all wounds and what time cant heal - beer and doctor prescribed Tylenol with codine can!

Chin up everyone, at least we have a place where we can vent our frustrations and no one judges you for it. Life is pretty good after all.

Anyone wanna buy a Jeep ?
Old 10-14-2012, 05:39 AM
SuperBike

HRCA#1 is on a distinguished road
Why would anyone watch hockey during football season?
Old 10-14-2012, 06:12 AM
Administrator
MotoGP

Originally Posted by HRCA#1
Why would anyone watch hockey during football season?
Why would anyone WATCH sports on TV?

1: To be classified a Sport, one must be exposed and or subjected to possible death.

Football makes the cut, Baseball and Hockey only by the slimmest of margins.

2: Playing sports is the goal.. watching them, only worth the time spent if you're at the game, little league to AAA baseball in personal is worlds better then any "sport" game watched on TV.

3: Id rather be riding, wrenching, building any day than sitting in front of a TV watching others play a game.

4: If i were forced to watch others play a game on TV, I truly would be depressed.
Old 10-14-2012, 06:20 AM
Well take off, eh.
SuperBike

Originally Posted by VTRsurfer
A big +1 on that! And being a Ducks fan, with Teemu coming back for 1 more season... and they're not even talking to try to settle this thing.
Yeh VTR, he's become the Brett Favre of hockey. You keep thinking it's his last season, but still keeps coming back. However, we need to end this thing if he wants to prove himself for another season.

HRCA, it's always a shuffle when Fall season comes around to see what is going to be on my big screen, Hockey or Football. So far this year, it's a no brainer...Steelers fan here.
Old 10-14-2012, 09:56 AM
Well take off, eh.
SuperBike

Originally Posted by E.Marquez
Why would anyone WATCH sports on TV?

1: To be classified a Sport, one must be exposed and or subjected to possible death.
I play defence, and play twice a week. I'm not exposed to the possibilty of death. However, when I block a slap shot comming in at warp speed, and hits me in place were there is little protection (ankle for example), I leave the ice bruised up.

If figure I've earned the right to watch...and criticize the players.

Did I mention I still have all oif my teeth.... Sorry Erik, I couldn't let that one by.

Heal quickly !
Old 10-15-2012, 07:51 AM
Administrator
MotoGP

Are you kidding me?! Getting smashed into the boards by a 220# guy, who's skating at speeds up to 30 mph. And ice is much harder than astro turf. Not to mention the modified bicycle helmets hockey players wear (football players look comical to me now-a-days, with the heavy gear they wear), and a frozen hard rubber puck that travels at speeds up to 100+ mph. Did I mention missing teeth?

Oops, sorry Marquez, I forgot the reason for your thread.
Has a twinkle toes on ice ever died while playing this "Sport"?

YES= Sport
No= Entertainment

Just me, but Id rather be on the grass playing a game flag foot ball, tossing the ball for my dogs, wrenching on a daily driver or building a new motor for one of the toys any day over watching others on TV play a game...

Yes I get it, hocky is as much a sport as football or rugby.. And no doubt I dont want to be on the ice with the puck trying to get to the other goal...... those boys have *****...
Old 10-15-2012, 07:55 AM
Administrator
MotoGP

Originally Posted by Jack Flash
I play defence, and play twice a week. I'm not exposed to the possibilty of death. However, when I block a slap shot comming in at warp speed, and hits me in place were there is little protection (ankle for example), I leave the ice bruised up.

If figure I've earned the right to watch...and criticize the players.

!
See I get that.. if you play(ed) the sport at a competitive level, watching it on TV makes some sense.... It's still entertainment, but with a better connection then just watching others play a game.
Old 10-15-2012, 07:58 AM
Superstock

blamecanada is on a distinguished road
Football is for pussies, real men play hockey...that is all.
Old 10-15-2012, 08:13 AM
MotoGP

Hockey is great but I feel like half of it needs to be in slow motion to see everything going on. Football moves worlds slower so you get those replays. They need better cam coverage for hockey. Maybe a flying drone or cams in the boards and under the ice.

Both great sports. Almost literally apples and oranges, but I grew up in eye shot of Canada so had WAY more fun in hockey. Football is fun til its organized, then it sucks. (to play anyway)
Old 10-15-2012, 08:39 AM
SuperBike

I gotta agree with E.Marquez...

I'd rather be doing anything else then watching sports on TV. My significant other and her cousin(female) who both live at my place and are obsessed with sports and if I have nothing else to do I will sit in front of the TV and get my laptop and do research.

I'd rather play sports then watch them, and yes through out my entire school career(excluding college) I played a sport every season...
Old 10-15-2012, 09:34 AM
MotoGP

"significant other"? is that like "life partner"? Kinda generic. Isn't it your girlfriend? You know, a term with some affection? Not a corporate catch phrase.
Old 10-15-2012, 10:24 AM
SuperSport

nnjhawk02 is an unknown quantity at this point
Rugby

Go try & play that!

But I've not been in on what the problem is between NHL Players & Owners, let me guess - $$$$$$$

And I just got back into hockey last season, these 2 asshats are really screwing themselves.

Lastly, any day above ground is VERY good - Go Ride those sweet VTRs
Old 10-15-2012, 11:29 AM
Administrator
MotoGP

Originally Posted by nnjhawk02

Go Ride those sweet VTRs
And now we have come full circle..

I cant get a ******* helmet on my head..........

Compensated this morning by skipping my breakfast Percocet and took the Shelby for a spin..
Not the same as the bikes.... but 170 down a lonely straight and drifting though some nice corners at speed comes a close second and will have to do for a few weeks.

NOTE: No cattle were harmed in the making of giddy feelings this morning on an otherwise closed road.
Old 10-15-2012, 11:52 AM
Superstock

This thread went around pretty quick in 4 days. From,depression, pain, anger, how hockey is better than any other sport out there, back to riding our VTRs, which most of us in this thread cant.
Old 10-15-2012, 12:40 PM
SuperBike

she is my significant other as well as my girlfriend... I think life partner is generic and has no meaning of endearment...she is also the mother of my 10 month old son and I would consider us married but the law doesnt think so...

or in other words that woman that I love completely who drives me up a ****** wall sometimes... :P
Old 10-15-2012, 12:48 PM
SuperBike

Yea just tore my SH down saturday afternoon... its in peices in my basement
Old 10-15-2012, 08:05 PM
Superstock

What do you mean can't? 86 mile ride on Ortega today, 73rd Ortega run this year, plus several runs into the mountains east of San Diego.

Depression, Pain, Anger... speaking of Hockey, that sounds like the Ducks' season last year.
Yeah well we cant all ride Ortega or DeLuz or Azuza and GMR all year round (DAMN I miss those years) But the good ol' Purple, Silver and Black Pulled thru last season (finally). You can take boy outta SoCal but you cant the SoCal outta the Boy, I think thats how that country song goes. But the Quackers had a rough season. I wish we could see them battle this season, but they look like they are in NO rush to settle this one up any time soon.

Quick Reply: Depression