Everything Else Anything and everything NON-VTR related

Mad max outa gas

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2012, 07:00 PM
MotoGP

smokinjoe73 is on a distinguished road
Mad max outa gas

So just in case living by candle light is fun enough. Subways are crippled here which makes traffic insane. (you cant imagine). So I have had to take my wife to work on the hawk.

Except today, I rode to 20 gas stations and NONE HAD GAS. Picture how you would feel. I rode til my fuel guage went down one bar then cut my losses & went home.

I thought this might happen so I topped off my van tank (which I never drive) and a 5gal can before the hurricane. Some stations had to be closed by police due to pandemonium over getting gas.

This is very mad max.

This is what happens when a nation tries to push God out. (just my view). But the government making Catholic hospitals do abortions when Catholics INVENTED hospitals is no good.
Old 11-01-2012, 08:30 PM
SuperBike

autoteach is on a distinguished road
Are they doing gasoline fueled abortions now?
Old 11-01-2012, 09:13 PM
SuperBike

HRCA#1 is on a distinguished road
Cool

Originally Posted by autoteach
Are they doing gasoline fueled abortions now?
Come on dude let's not mix our metaphors. These people are hurting no need to add to that!
Old 11-01-2012, 09:24 PM
SuperBike

Originally Posted by HRCA#1
Come on dude let's not mix our metaphors. These people are hurting no need to add to that!
Come on dude, lets not turn a storm and gas shortage into something that was caused by godless abortionist. Other than that, I feel for those who are going through hard times.
Old 11-01-2012, 10:06 PM
Superstock

blamecanada is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by autoteach
Come on dude, lets not turn a storm and gas shortage into something that was caused by godless abortionist. Other than that, I feel for those who are going through hard times.
+1, entertaining the notion that the hurricane is in some way caused by a part of a religion just encourages further delusion

that said, I've seen the pictures, my heart goes out to people living in that reality right now
Old 11-02-2012, 07:34 AM
SuperSport

98VTRrider is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by blamecanada
+1, entertaining the notion that the hurricane is in some way caused by a part of a religion just encourages further delusion

that said, I've seen the pictures, my heart goes out to people living in that reality right now
What about the notion that the hurrican was influenced by the US Governement using weather altering technology. HAARP ect

Here's a link to the training info from an emergency exercise in 1997 about a large Hurricane "menacing the atlantic seaboard", that makes landfall near NY city.

The Hurricane Simulation

The "Simulation" follows the same track, same dates, and is even named Sandy.....coincidence?
Old 11-02-2012, 07:53 AM
MotoGP

Its a pretty scary reality here. Gridlock traffic of cars that are running out of gas trying to find a station. For sure it feels 3rd world. Looks like I will be putting alot of mt bike miles and only use gas when I am desperate.

I know most of America isn't affected but this is your countrymen suffering. It is pretty grave. Way more people affected than katrina.
Old 11-02-2012, 09:48 AM
Superstock

dshakes is on a distinguished road
My wife is in the national guard here in ohio and they are on their way to help. No idea how long she'll be gone and we miss her but she's needed. Stay safe all
Old 11-02-2012, 10:34 AM
aja
SuperSport

aja is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by smokinjoe73
So just in case living by candle light is fun enough. Subways are crippled here which makes traffic insane. (you cant imagine). So I have had to take my wife to work on the hawk.

Except today, I rode to 20 gas stations and NONE HAD GAS. Picture how you would feel. I rode til my fuel guage went down one bar then cut my losses & went home.

I thought this might happen so I topped off my van tank (which I never drive) and a 5gal can before the hurricane. Some stations had to be closed by police due to pandemonium over getting gas.

This is very mad max.

This is what happens when a nation tries to push God out. (just my view). But the government making Catholic hospitals do abortions when Catholics INVENTED hospitals is no good.
Being a firm atheist, the last part here really burns me. To assume that a natural disaster and a fuel shortage is caused by the lack of god is just ludicrous. That and the notion that catholics invented hospitals? Please, medical help was around long before Catholicism. The Catholic religion is essentially a profiteering organization. Why are a lot of hospitals named after Catholic saints or funded by the catholic church? Because there are MASSIVE profits to be made in the healthcare industry, most of them unethically. Saying Sandy is gods wrath for the tolerance of sin (like homosexuals, abortion, etc. I know those weren't your words, but that is what was implied) is borderline paranoid schizophrenic. I could say the Sandy is gods wrath for the greed and gluttony of the catholic and Christian churches, both explicitly prohibited and punishable by death in your bible.

And conspiracy theories aside,if the government was able to control the weather and create super storms why would they waste that technology flooding a few states when they could wipe out enemy cities without ever being blamed? It just doesn't add up. I wouldn't put it past them, I just seriously doubt that anyone can harness the power of mother nature on a scale large enough to create a hurricane.
Old 11-02-2012, 11:27 AM
Back Marker

jeephawk is on a distinguished road
Holy Cow.........................
Old 11-02-2012, 01:19 PM
SuperBike

NHSH is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by jeephawk
Holy Cow.........................
That would be in India, here we eat them

Jokes aside, this should not become a religious discussion, faith and religion have nothing to do with weather condition or catastrophe that hit all people regardless of faith on non faith.
In addition we should not forget that this country was created with the a freedom of believe as well as not believing.
As this is one of the most sensitive topics for many people in the US as it seems, it should be kept to a separate thread all together like the one on VTR1000.Org.

I just spoke to my very close friend from Staten Island NY Fire Department and the situation there is as dire as it can be, many people dead and the numbers are growing, the real account is not officially released yet as they still recovering bodies... Not to mention all the many people now homeless, some that I know personally.
Old 11-02-2012, 04:10 PM
SuperBike

There is some pretty awesome moral high ground here. Really digging it. By the way, if you haven't you can donate to the Red Cross to help.
Old 11-03-2012, 08:21 AM
SuperBike

xeris is on a distinguished road
Staying away from the religion/poltico mud pit.
I think the bigger issue is the continued inability of government agencies/departments to deal with, in this case, only one event of this magnitude. How about multiple events? A bit unnerving.
The supply chain of water, food, medicine, gasoline, electricity is fragile at best.
Old 11-03-2012, 08:51 AM
MotoGP

For sure its better than katrina, but its WAY more population on an election year so that explains some. They say they are 'unloading' gas now but still none to buy.

A couple other issues were that they were gonna run the NYC marathon anyway! They were setting up huge generators and hundreds of portajohns and NOT letting homeless citizens use them. (locals had to use the woods). They finally cancelled it due to uproar.

Oh and thank tons to bon jovi for singing in that craptacular concert and singing his crappy song "you cant go home" to millions of refugees who just had their homes destroyed.

What a jackass.
Old 11-03-2012, 10:28 AM
SportTouring
Superstock

Onomea is on a distinguished road
Aloha Joe,

Glad that you are making it there. Candles and getting your wife to pileon.
Could be romantic... But seriously, was just thinking last night and watching
the news everynight. Really bad sit. Economy being what it is, jobless rate.

At least your wife has work to go to. Lots of business damaged=no job to
go to for awhile, big losses? MT biking is good for your health and still on
two wheels. Hang in there. It will get better. Your iPod got F.M.? At least
good music.

My best to you and yours.
Old 11-03-2012, 04:09 PM
SuperBike

NHSH is on a distinguished road
For sure its better than katrina, but its WAY more population on an election year so that explains some. They say they are 'unloading' gas now but still none to buy.

A couple other issues were that they were gonna run the NYC marathon anyway! They were setting up huge generators and hundreds of portajohns and NOT letting homeless citizens use them. (locals had to use the woods). They finally cancelled it due to uproar.

Oh and thank tons to bon jovi for singing in that craptacular concert and singing his crappy song "you cant go home" to millions of refugees who just had their homes destroyed.

What a jackass.
I have to add that Mayor Giuliani did a much much better job then the current idiot that all he cares about is his domain in Manhattan.
Old 11-03-2012, 08:52 PM
MotoGP

To those with faith, God has everything to do with weather. Not believing in something is not a belief but the lack thereof. I figured everyone wouldnt love my post but it was my post. And I am not Catholic but have you noticed that the names of all the hospitals are, uh Christian? Where are all those athiest outreaches like the Salvation Army or Red Cross?

Good quality education? Even Jews and Hindus will send their kids to a parochial school to dodge public schools.

If there were no God, how could you even be an athiest? There wouldnt be anything to not believe in right? So no matter my opinion wouldnt you just go on being really sure that Almighty God does not hold the atom together?

When you have no power, no gas, and live in a disaster area with 10 million people, you can post about how you dont believe in stuff thats your right.

But for me to post, thats my right.

Jesus loves you anyway.
Old 11-04-2012, 12:06 AM
Out of my mind, back in 5
MotoGP

Tweety is on a distinguished road
To those with faith, God has everything to do with weather. Not believing in something is not a belief but the lack thereof. I figured everyone wouldnt love my post but it was my post. And I am not Catholic but have you noticed that the names of all the hospitals are, uh Christian? Where are all those athiest outreaches like the Salvation Army or Red Cross?

Good quality education? Even Jews and Hindus will send their kids to a parochial school to dodge public schools.

If there were no God, how could you even be an athiest? There wouldnt be anything to not believe in right? So no matter my opinion wouldnt you just go on being really sure that Almighty God does not hold the atom together?

When you have no power, no gas, and live in a disaster area with 10 million people, you can post about how you dont believe in stuff thats your right.

But for me to post, thats my right.

Jesus loves you anyway.
Yeah, it's your post(s), and you have every right to believe in whatever god you like, as does anyone else... And in a situation like this, turning to god, or rather the church might not be a bad idea...

But the fact remains, the modern church is an organisation of people, run by them to produce profit... The noble thought is to use that profit to help, and in many cases it actually works too, once the houses/churchs have gotten their maintaninace and the priests his salary... Now though, I'm guessing they help first and figure out the bill later...

BUT... I don't need to live in any disaster area to post anything about what you post, and let's sa I won't try to teach you anything about belief, and in return you leave atheism out of this, since you obviously have less of an idea of what that means than every atheist has about christianity, catholic or otherwise... Atheism is not, "I don't believe in Your god..." so it has no fundemenatl need for your god or anyone else's to exist... It's rather based on the beleif that wether god exists or not is irrelevant, since if he does, he doesn't interfere with mankind, and problems can't be solved by prayer... That also means that atheism doesn't in any way exclude the notion that a system of beleief, and common set of values and moral standards is a good thing, as it (usualy) makes people do good things, in the name of their gods...

But in all honesty, I think if you are going to wait for either god almighty, or the various US governement, or New York authorities to fix this, you will be sorely disapointed... It's going to get done by the people... As usual... You know that as well as me... It works that way in New York, as well as in Sweden... So why should we argue about it?

I just whish there was anything I could do to help those really in need... But I'm a bit far off to help... And since I don't believe in prayers, I'll just whish them well instead...

Last edited by Tweety; 11-04-2012 at 12:18 AM.
Old 11-04-2012, 06:15 AM
MotoGP

Wolverine is on a distinguished road
"If you believe in heaven and hell and you believe you have to be saved, NOTHING else could possibly matter. Not the 1st amendment, not science, not rational debate."

Well said Tweety.

I really held back from posting on this thread until the atom remark. Science has a working theory on how things come to be, religion has nothing and simply reverts to the remark, god created it. You are essentially blaming me for this natural disaster?? WTF?

I hate to see members of this forum start the big fight. Religion, IMO, should remain private and for you.

Last edited by Wolverine; 11-04-2012 at 07:17 AM.