Everything Else Anything and everything NON-VTR related

Long time no see....

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2010, 10:55 AM
Superstock

Mike996 is on a distinguished road
Long time no see....

Whats up guys. Sorry its been a long time since i posted, but i had alot going on and needed to refocus on some things in life and get some stuff straight.

Anywho, Hows everyone been?

Bad News: I sold the SuperHawk

Good News: I now own a 2009 Harley Night Train

I had alot of fun on the hawk, but i knew we were going to do alot of out of state driving this year, and i wanted something extremely comfortable to do it on. If i could have kept the hawk and got the train, i would have, but financially, i couldnt have both. I finally own my dream bike.

Cracker... Ill PM ya and see how youve been. I dropped my phone and while it sometimes worked, the screen was blank, and i had to get another one. I tried to have at&t warranty it, but after they had it for a month, they sent it back, still damaged. New phone is on the way.

A few pics of the new ride (even though i know there are some harley haters on here, Ill take my chances)

Its an 09 with 1907 miles on it. So far it has the following:

200mm Rear Tire from the factory
Swept bars w/ rise
Vance & Hines pipes
Scremain Eagle intake with Big Sucker filter
Screamin Eagle Pro Tuner
Detachable back rest
And some aftermarket chrome bits here and there

Enough talking... heres the pics

Oh, and I have some extras from the hawk that i didnt let go with the sale, so ill be posting those up here as soon as i get a chance.
Attached Thumbnails Long time no see....-11.jpg   Long time no see....-22.jpg   Long time no see....-33.jpg  
Old 06-02-2010, 11:10 AM
Speed Demon
Superstock

crackerjackman is on a distinguished road
Glad to have ya back on the boards!!!
Old 06-02-2010, 11:17 AM
Superstock

Thanks man. I just had to eliminate any distractions till i got my s#it together. I missed coming here every day, but It was something i had to do.
Old 06-02-2010, 12:12 PM
SuperBike

Old Yeller is on a distinguished road
Night Train? I would have at least made it an XR1200, but I hope you enjoy the new wheels and that things are working better for you now.

If you happen to have any left over footpeg brackets, I'll take anything you've got.
Old 06-02-2010, 12:21 PM
Superstock

Originally Posted by Mike996
I had alot of fun on the hawk, but i knew we were going to do alot of out of state driving this year, and i wanted something extremely comfortable to do it on. If i could have kept the hawk and got the train, i would have, but financially, i couldnt have both. I finally own my dream bike.
Originally Posted by Old Yeller
Night Train? I would have at least made it an XR1200, but I hope you enjoy the new wheels and that things are working better for you now.

If you happen to have any left over footpeg brackets, I'll take anything you've got.
You must have missed my reason for getting a Night Train lol. They had an XR1200 at the dealership, and it was kinda cool lookin, but like i said, i want to be able to kick back and ride long distances. 1573cc's and a 6 speed should do it.

Last edited by Mike996; 06-02-2010 at 12:23 PM.
Old 06-02-2010, 01:05 PM
SuperBike

Old Yeller is on a distinguished road
just for longer distances, a nice corbin seat with the backrest is a GREAT addition. I had a backrest on my cruiser and it was an absolute joy to ride for hours. The only thing that held me back was the gas tank not holding enough!
Old 06-02-2010, 04:37 PM
Remember stock is BAD!
SuperSport
SuperSport

divingindaytona is an unknown quantity at this point
What was the good news again, I must have missed it?

Glad to have you back!
Old 06-03-2010, 06:56 AM
Superstock

Originally Posted by Old Yeller
just for longer distances, a nice corbin seat with the backrest is a GREAT addition. I had a backrest on my cruiser and it was an absolute joy to ride for hours. The only thing that held me back was the gas tank not holding enough!
Thats my next purchase. I have been looking at the mustang seats that are alot wider and thicker than the stock one. about $360.00 bucks for the one i want. Hopefully a fathers day present As far as the tank, its a 5 gallon job and its supposed to get 54/35 on the mpg's. That was before the dyno tune and everything though.

Originally Posted by divingindaytona
What was the good news again, I must have missed it?

Glad to have you back!
HAA! Thanks man!
Old 06-03-2010, 08:38 AM
MotoGP

nuhawk is on a distinguished road
Congrats on the new ride, Mike! I wondered about you while you were gone. Sorry about all the bad news out of LA. What a mess - literally! Get on that bitch and we'll do some fishing in East Texas. Welcome back!
Old 06-03-2010, 01:19 PM
Superstock

Originally Posted by nuhawk
Congrats on the new ride, Mike! I wondered about you while you were gone. Sorry about all the bad news out of LA. What a mess - literally! Get on that bitch and we'll do some fishing in East Texas. Welcome back!

Sounds good to me man! Youll have to PM me and let me know how everything with your plans have been going. I still have those grips that you sent me, would you like them back? I never got a chance to put them on, and my wife is about to buy her a VTX if we can get the price right. Let me know and ill send them back over to ya. Did you end up getting a toolbox from that site?