Everything Else Anything and everything NON-VTR related

Glad I dont live in Louisana anymore.

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2009, 05:34 PM
Duc Hawk
SuperSport

Moto Man is on a distinguished road
Glad I dont live in Louisiana anymore.

Louisiana Judge wont marry interracial couples because he says it is his experience that most interracial marriages do not last long, and he's worried about their children's futures. ""I'm not a racist. I just don't believe in mixing the races that way," Bardwell told the Associated Press on Thursday. He came to the conclusion that most of black society does not readily accept offspring of such relationships, and neither does white society, he said!?!?...

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,567842,00.html

http://www.cnn.com/2009/US/10/17/int...ref=newssearch

Last edited by Moto Man; 10-21-2009 at 10:01 AM.
Old 10-20-2009, 05:50 PM
SuperBike

killer5280 is on a distinguished road
Completely unconstitutional. That's what happens when government is given regulatory control over marriage and then some arrogant jerk like this JOP thinks he knows what's best for other people. We don't need no stinkin' marriage licenses, and in fact did not have them until after the Civil War.
It's just a way for government to insinuate itself into our lives, commit contract fraud under color of law, take our property and take our children if, in its infinite wisdom, an agent of government decides that's what is best.
It's just another scam perpetrated on the people by control freaks who use government to accrete power and steal property.
Old 10-20-2009, 05:59 PM
RK1
MotoGP

RK1 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Moto Man
Louisiana Judge wont marry interracial couples because he says it is his experience that most interracial marriages do not last long, and he's worried about their children's futures. ""I'm not a racist. I just don't believe in mixing the races that way," Bardwell told the Associated Press on Thursday. He came to the conclusion that most of black society does not readily accept offspring of such relationships, and neither does white society, he said!?!?...

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,567842,00.html

http://www.cnn.com/2009/US/10/17/int...ref=newssearch

SPIKE LEE

"During the promotion of his film, "Jungle Fever". about a black/white interracial romance, the black film maker stated that he disliked interracial couples. Incredibly he said; "i give interracial couples a look. Daggers. They get uncomfortabe when they see me on the street."

Y'all are readin' about the quote from a Louisiana nobody, how many of ya' ever heard that quote form the world famous Spike Lee? HUH?

I'm pretty sure Spike Lee has a house in So. Ca., so where you gonna move out to besides Louisiana?

http://www.capmag.com/article.asp?ID=2065

PS; I'm pretty sure Spike Lee's definition of "interracial couple" is a white guy with a black woman 'cause he spends so much of his time partying with and sucking up to so many Black guys with white wives and girlfriends.

Last edited by RK1; 10-20-2009 at 06:27 PM.
Old 10-20-2009, 06:00 PM
MotoGP

VTRsurfer is on a distinguished road
That justice of the peace is a load, and a throwback to the early '60s.
Old 10-20-2009, 06:01 PM
MotoGP

A lot of people forget, racism works both ways.
Old 10-20-2009, 06:39 PM
SuperBike

k-d-williams is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by VTRsurfer
A lot of people forget, racism works both ways.

Yer sir, that is an accurate statement!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l--EmxXz4yA
Old 10-21-2009, 09:50 AM
Duc Hawk
SuperSport

Yeah Spike Lee is entitled to his opinion although I could care less what it is and I don't like any of his films. Also I don't think he is currently vested with the power to marry people and is certainly not an elected Judge. For sure racism works in more than (both?) 2 ways. Hell I have been stink eyed by a vast range people from all walks of life. Screw them all. But it's a free country and groups like the like the KKK, WAR, Black Panthers, Nation of Islam, and the Jewish Defense Organization all have a right to their opinion, and a right to meet and assemble. I don't have to agree with any of what they believe in and do. And if any of them hold the power of elected office they have an obligation to serve their constituents regardless of race, creed, religion. Right?

Which brings me back to the point of the post (that some seem to have missed and read as a complaint about racism in the south) which is the fact that I am disgusted by the state I used to live in having an ELECTED official who is breaking the law by not performing a basic duty for which he was elected. He is entitled to his opinion and on some level he thinks he is doing the right thing and thinking of the welfare of the children. Again that all well and fine. But you CAN NOT reject a constituent's right to a wed based on the race of the couple. I would be just as disgusted if a Black Judge wouldn't marry a mixed race couple as well.

The main reason this story struck me as especially odd is that Southern Louisiana (where this shitbird is from) is one of the few places in the USA where there is a colloquially named group of people, called the Creole, who have both White and Black linage and a long rich history of perseverance and success. The Creole as a group don't seem to be any worse off than any other group of people in the area. So I have no idea what this dip **** is basing his beliefs on given thriving community of Creoles very near his local area.

So everyone's feelings and beliefs aside the bottom line is if you are an elected official you must equally serve all your constituents no matter who they are.

Last edited by Moto Man; 10-21-2009 at 12:02 PM.
Old 10-21-2009, 11:05 AM
SuperSport

swordfish is an unknown quantity at this point
he won't be a JOP for long. he'll be booted in a matter of weeks. just need to give the hammer time to drop.
Old 10-21-2009, 11:08 AM
RK1
MotoGP

Well. here's more of my two cents. This guy isn't a Governor or Senator, he's a little Justice of the Peace dude in some little Louisiana parish.

The multi millionaire world famous award winning Spike Lee has orders of magnitude more influence over the culture than J of P dude.

J of P dude's quote was national news. Spike Lee's never was. That's 'cause J of P dude is white and Spike Lee isn't.

Judging the entire state of Louisiana based on J of P dude doesn't make sense to me.

I've spent time in every southern state except Louisiana and Alabama. My strongly held belief based on experience is that blacks and whites in the South get along better, are more comfortable and more honest with each other than in any Northern big city, where folks are so non-racist, multi cultural and diversity loving. Just ask them!

Mr. and Mrs. Northern Liberal are happy to look down their noses and tell you how fooked up Southerners are:

Then offer to pay their rent, utilities, cable and broadband internet if they'll just move their family to a black neighborhood. Watch Mr. and Mrs. "Diversity" pee their pants and run away from you!

Last edited by RK1; 10-21-2009 at 11:36 AM.
Old 10-21-2009, 01:49 PM
Duc Hawk
SuperSport

Originally Posted by RK1
Well. here's more of my two cents.
Dude I think your up to a wooden Nickel now. lol

Originally Posted by RK1
The multi millionaire world famous award winning Spike Lee has orders of magnitude more influence over the culture than J of P dude.

J of P dude's quote was national news. Spike Lee's never was. That's 'cause J of P dude is white and Spike Lee isn't.
Again I personally could care less what Lee thinks. He has no influence on me. But to address your/Larry Elders point -actually Spike Lee said that in a 1992 interview for a NATIONAL magazine called Esquire...

And his nasty attitude toward the white female interviewer who tried to ask him provoking questions led her to title the article "Spike Lee Hates Your Cracker ***". And Page 4 of Larry Elders book confirms that the quote was said in the '92 Esquire mag...
http://books.google.com/books?id=s2s...age&q=&f=false

This was covered in several newspapers at the time...
http://community.seattletimes.nwsour...9&slug=1523602

Originally Posted by RK1
Judging the entire state of Louisiana based on J of P dude doesn't make sense to me.
Correct that would be stupid. I just said I'm glad I don't live there anymore BECAUSE there are still people like this POS JOP there in positions of legal power. My disgust is with the JOP alone. Not Southerners as a group. I'm Southern born after all. I certainly had my share of good times in LA and still have LOTS of family there. They have come a long way in LA; I mean look at who is the Gov in the sate. But it seems there still more "way" for LA to come.

Originally Posted by RK1
I've spent time in every southern state except Louisiana and Alabama. My strongly held belief based on experience is that blacks and whites in the South get along better, are more comfortable and more honest with each other than in any Northern big city, where folks are so non-racist, multi cultural and diversity loving. Just ask them!
Where I lived in rural Northern Louisiana, it was still pretty culturally segregated, folks were polite as is the norm of the South, but people certainly kept to their "own" when they could. I met and dealt with plenty people, both Black and White, like this JOP as well and people who could care less what your race was. Where I lived and went to school there was one family of mixed races that somehow managed to get along with everybody else. The kids of that family often provided a segue between the sometimes divided cultures at school. Way out west I met one of these mixed kids later in life by chance, and she told me that all the kids in that family grew up to become successful folks. Which brings me back to the point of the post and the lunacy of the POS JOP.

Last edited by Moto Man; 10-21-2009 at 03:13 PM.
Old 10-21-2009, 02:25 PM
SuperBike

L8RGYZ is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm quite sure racism, ethnicism and anti-religious bigotry is quite alive and well in NYC, Chitown, LA and just about everywhere else on planet Earth.
Old 10-21-2009, 03:02 PM
Duc Hawk
SuperSport

Originally Posted by L8RGYZ
I'm quite sure racism, ethnicism and anti-religious bigotry is quite alive and well in NYC, Chitown, LA and just about everywhere else on planet Earth.

It sure is. I see it here all the time. But how many Judges in the USA currently overtly operate on it as a matter of policy any place else beside Louisiana?

Last edited by Moto Man; 10-21-2009 at 03:05 PM.
Old 10-21-2009, 03:08 PM
I could ride in
SuperBike

LineArrayNut is on a distinguished road
that makes the news but this doesn't..."clap clap clap"

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/yt-UEq..._white_people/
Old 10-21-2009, 03:16 PM
Duc Hawk
SuperSport

Originally Posted by LineArrayNut
that makes the news
You mean the Spike Lee quote?

And your right the statements from a crackpot like Kamau Kambon should have been bigger news than it was in 2005. It did get some media attention...http://www.carolinajournal.com/exclu...e.html?id=2869
but not enough. And again he is not a judge or an elected official which is the main issue here.

The point of the post is not about racism with Whites hating Blacks or Blacks hating Whites. It's about the JOP not serving the rights of all his constituants. Is he racist against Blacks if he has said that he would marry a couple of Blacks? The issue I have with him is that he puts the rights of Black and White couples who wish to come together in a marriage below the rights of either all Black and all White couples.

Last edited by Moto Man; 10-21-2009 at 04:41 PM.
Old 10-21-2009, 04:22 PM
I could ride in
SuperBike

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UbC6B5sjA9Y
Old 10-21-2009, 05:32 PM
Duc Hawk
SuperSport

How is this relevant to the post? This seems to belong in the Obamanation thread. My post has nothing to do with Obama only Bardwell.

I'll let Bardwell speak for himself...
0:26 - "I have one...problem with marrying mixed race marriages, and that is the offspring."
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UjuZODZE8R4

Last edited by Moto Man; 10-21-2009 at 05:59 PM.
Old 10-21-2009, 05:54 PM
SuperSport

Stevebis1 is on a distinguished road
Motoman, I think only Killer and myself got you. Its not about racism, it is about a society that would accept a man to becoming a judge who thinks he has some right to impose his views on others.
He has undoubtedly done this all along - interesting that it took an act of racism before others decided he had gone too far. In the mean time how many other rights did he trample that no one cared about because they thought he was doing good?
Left, right, conservative or liberal - if you think you have the right to interfere with the rights of other - YOU DON'T.
Old 10-21-2009, 06:09 PM
Superstock

Mike996 is on a distinguished road
Had to say something since I currently live in northwest Louisiana (Bossier City).

With Barksdale AFB 5 miles to the north of me, most of the people around here are active, reserve or retired military. Everyone seems to get along fine with just about everyone regardless of race. yeah, you have your racists here and there but for the most part, everyone around here plays nice. But from what ive seen and heard, the farther south you go, the more hatred there is.

I was born and raised in Akron, Ohio. The elementary school i went to was 80% black and 20% white. I didnt feel i was treated any different because of being a minority. Hell, the only kids that gave me trouble were other white kids. We moved when i was going into junior high, it was reversed, with 80% whites attending my school. but at the same time, i never saw any of the black students treated any differently than the white kids. I really thank God i grew up in both scenarios where people got along regardless.

I was shocked and pissed when i heard about this last weekend. Its just one more reason for anyone with a closed mind to hate me because i was born white. But....no matter where you are, there will always be a dumbass like him (and Spike Lee) that helps keep hate and racism alive.
Old 10-21-2009, 06:55 PM
RK1
MotoGP

Dude I think your up to a wooden Nickel now. lol

Again I personally could care less what Lee thinks. He has no influence on me. But to address your/Larry Elders point -actually Spike Lee said that in a 1992 interview for a NATIONAL magazine called Esquire...

And his nasty attitude toward the white female interviewer who tried to ask him provoking questions led her to title the article "Spike Lee Hates Your Cracker ***". And Page 4 of Larry Elders book confirms that the quote was said in the '92 Esquire mag...
http://books.google.com/books?id=s2s...age&q=&f=false

This was covered in several newspapers at the time...
http://community.seattletimes.nwsour...9&slug=1523602
Moto Man,

I read the Seattle Times article you linked. No mention whatever of Lee's comments on interracial dating.

Yeah, the original quote was in Esquire, which maybe one of 1000 people have ever read.

What news organs picked up the story the way they did with Mayberry's Justice of the Peace?

I did a web search on "Spike Lee interracial dating" and scanned the first 200 hits. Big Media stories? Not one. Which is the point I was making.

Last edited by RK1; 10-21-2009 at 07:02 PM.
Old 10-22-2009, 01:35 PM
I could ride in
SuperBike

Moi Aussi

Originally Posted by RK1
Moto Man,
What news organs picked up the story the way they did with Mayberry's Justice of the Peace?

Which (was) the point I was making.
me too
Old 10-23-2009, 05:26 PM
Duc Hawk
SuperSport

Originally Posted by RK1
I read the Seattle Times article you linked. No mention whatever of Lee's comments on interracial dating.
Correct I never said it was there. I linked the Seattle Times article showing that Lee's attitude toward White journalist and the Esquire interview, as well as the nature of what was said in it, was widely publicized. Maybe you missed that part of the article...

Seattle Times - November 09, 1992 -"Movie director Spike Lee announced recently that he preferred to be interviewed by African-American journalists. Right away, Lee's request ignited controversy within the media, as journalists questioned whether Lee's attempt to control coverage was racism...some recent articles about Lee - notably Esquire magazine's October profile "Spike Lee Hates Your Cracker ***" by Barbara Grizzuti Harrison - prompted Lee to clarify his position...Race has nothing to do with it, insists Spin's Guccione. "It's like saying that a white journalist would be able to write a more insightful piece on JFK. (Lee) would go through the roof if I suggested that." - http://community.seattletimes.nwsour...9&slug=1523602

The name of the article alone "Spike Lee Hates Your Cracker ***" was a slap in the face to Lee and a very terse way to make his attitude during the interview know to the public at large. Lee later claimed he had been very damaged by the article and had to spend time trying to say that he had never said those exact words. Damn I hate the way semantics is used as an easy escape or way to change the ones perceived position on a single statement. If you read the article you know he was full anger and hate in what he said.

Originally Posted by RK1
Yeah, the original quote was in Esquire, which maybe one of 1000 people have ever read.

You have to live in a cave to not know that Spike Lee's opinion on race issues is well publicized, and you don’t have to search very hard to find it. Here are some links specifically about the story in question. Which were pretty easy to pull up with a good old regular google search.

LA Times: - October 08, 1992 -
"In an uncomfortable profile of Lee by Barbara Grizzuti Harrison in the October Esquire, the director of the upcoming "Malcolm X" comes across as a waffling racist, hard-driven by bile but sufficiently egocentric or greedy to bend with the winds of commerce." - http://articles.latimes.com/1992-10-...68_1_spike-lee

NY Times: October 29, 1992 -
Spike Lee's Request: Black Interviewers Only...Spike Lee, the director, has laid down a challenge to newspapers, magazines and television stations around the country. He has told them that he prefers black journalists to interview him. The request has touched off a storm...Lee was particularly incensed at a recent article about him in Esquire by a white writer, Barbara Grizzuti Harrison...the article was an acerbic one that depicted Lee as something of a bully. - http://partners.nytimes.com/library/...erviewers.html

Originally Posted by RK1
I did a web search on "Spike Lee interracial dating" and scanned the first 200 hits. Big Media stories? Not one. Which is the point I was making.
Perhaps if you searched for "spike lee" "interracial couples" which was what was actually spoken by Lee and printed by Esquire instead of "spike lee interracial dating" you might have found this...

LA Times: December 27, 1992 -
"I give interracial couples a look. Daggers. They get uncomfortable when they see me on the street. --Lee's post-"Jungle Fever" tolerance update (Esquire, Oct.)" - http://articles.latimes.com/1992-12-...mp-change?pg=5

Given the semantic myopia of your previous posts I imagine that the damming articles linked above from liberal big news "organs" referring to the Esquire interview, where the quote you seek was spoken, and that paint Lee as a egocentric racist bully are still not enough. And you won’t rest until you find that exact sentence (from a large stream of vitriol he puked in that interview) mentioned directly, word for word, more times than in the link I provided. So I suggest you use a more thorough news hounding approach such as the google news archive search... http://news.google.com/archivesearch...ker-***&cf=all

The google news archive search above returned 124 pay-for-view newspaper stories that mention the Esquire article "spike lee hates your cracker ***". Maybe if you pay for some of the full articles you will find the more instances of the quote you are looking for.

Spike Lee has had other overt public bitch slapping for his comments. Like this one with Clint Eastwood where he gets all Dirty Harry on Lee saying "A guy like him should shut his face"...http://www.guardian.co.uk/film/2008/jun/06/1
It's not enough and he could use plenty more for sure.

Now enough with Lee's stupid opinions and his 17 year old comments, which I despise as much as the JOP's stance on interracial marriage. And once again back to Mr. Bardwell and the reason for my original post. I'd like to reexamine the criteria by which you equated a Judge and a Film Director; Influence over the culture.

You stated that Spike Lee has orders of magnitude more influence over the culture than the JOP. That very well may be true, but influence over culture and dispensing justice are not equal. Dispensing justice, no matter how little, is orders of magnitude more important than ignorant and ignorable influence over the culture.

People in Tangipahoa Parish can choose to ignore the cultural influence of Lee but they are bound by law to dutifully abide by the guidance of Bardwell.

Last edited by Moto Man; 10-24-2009 at 10:53 AM. Reason: clairity
Old 10-23-2009, 06:58 PM
RK1
MotoGP

I was comparing the cases of the Justice of the Peace and Spike Lee on newsworthiness and media bias.

The JoP will either resign, lose the next election or be sued out of existence. In the mean time, the couple in question, although they certainly shouldn't have to, are free to marry in a local church or drive 15 minutes to the next parish. I think they'll somehow manage to survive.

Spike Lee will continue to be feted as the "avant-guard" Hollywood celebrity instead of as the hateful bag of **** he really is.

BTW, your LA Times link is to a column buried in the entertainment section, not a news story in the "A" section.

I was alive, breathing and all grown up in '92, never saw a mainstream news story about Lee's quote. If Clint Eastwood had bragged about intimidating interracial couples do you think I might have seen it on ABC? Well DUH.

How many dozens/hundreds of breathless news stories did you see about the fake rape of Tawana Brawley? The Phony Duke rape case? The dragging murder of James Byrd in Texas?

Now now many have you seen on this case;

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murders...stopher_Newsom

http://michellemalkin.com/2007/04/16...-media-taboos/

In 2007 a young white Tennessee couple was abducted, tortured, raped (both of them) and murdered by 5 black men.

I'm sure you've learned ALL ABOUT IT on ABC, CBS, NBC, CNN and MSNBC right? No?

Now imagine the five men were white, the couple was black and try telling be with a straight face it wouldn't be a front page, TV news lead story for months.
Old 10-23-2009, 09:02 PM
MotoGP

It makes me want to puke, the way the media plays the race card.

If Rush Limbaugh were Black, do you think he would now share ownership in the NFL? Regardless of his politics.
Old 10-24-2009, 02:32 PM
SuperSport

PUSHrod is on a distinguished road
If Rushbo were black would we have room on the national stage for Al Sharpton?
Old 10-25-2009, 11:29 PM
Duc Hawk
SuperSport

Originally Posted by RK1
the couple in question, although they certainly shouldn't have to, are free to marry in a local church or drive 15 minutes to the next parish.
You nailed the only point I was really trying to make.

Originally Posted by RK1
How many dozens/hundreds of breathless news stories did you see about the fake rape of Tawana Brawley? The Phony Duke rape case?
Agreed. There is so much crap like ^^ in the news, but to me this particular issue is not crap, and is very important to me on many levels. So I felt compelled to post about it from my perspective.

Last edited by Moto Man; 10-25-2009 at 11:39 PM.
Old 10-25-2009, 11:38 PM
Duc Hawk
SuperSport

Originally Posted by VTRsurfer
It makes me want to puke, the way the media plays the race card.
+1
Old 10-26-2009, 02:15 PM
RK1
MotoGP

You nailed the only point I was really trying to make.

Agreed. There is so much crap like ^^ in the news, but to me this particular issue is not crap, and is very important to me on many levels. So I felt compelled to post about it from my perspective.
Good, Moto Man, 'cause i was never arguing against your opinion of the boob who refused to honor his legal obligation to marry an eligible couple, and maybe I could have been more clear about that from the git go.

I was criticizing the hypocrisy, bias, and cowardice of Big Media on every issue/story involving race.
Old 10-27-2009, 01:06 PM
SuperSport

swordfish is an unknown quantity at this point
the reason spike lee's blatant racism didn't make big news is because of 2 things. 1) its not popular to criticize spike lee. he seems to always be on the cool list even tho all his movies suck, and he has no business in film. 2) he's black. you can't call a black celebrity racist. its just not allowed. nobody seems to listen when a minority celeb is accused of racism. and nobody really cares about racism against white people. seems like people think we had it coming or something. anyway, the JOP sucks, and spike lee really sucks. I hope VD does them both in as a rule. cheers!
Old 11-03-2009, 11:21 PM
RK1
MotoGP

Justice of the Peace resigns.

http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/...resigns_a.html

Figured it would end this way. Guy can't/won't do his job, time to find another one.