Everything Else Anything and everything NON-VTR related

First time to California

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2014, 09:33 AM
SuperSport

sailorjerry is on a distinguished road
First time to California

Spent 2 weeks away from work, which was nice. (except the hole, comming back to work process)

Spent a week in my home town in East Texas, and a week in California.
I must say, I understand why everyone from Cali loves it there. After being there a week and exploring and seeing all of LA and the surrounding area it was amazing, and I did not want to leave. Anything the heart desires is with in driving distance, beaches, mountains, desert, all jumbled in to two hours or less of driving, I could very easly spend my life there. Just thought I would mention, you guys out in Cali have it made!
Old 01-06-2014, 09:41 AM
SuperSport

jscobey is on a distinguished road
whenever anyone on here is complaining about snow and winterizing their bike in prep for months of no riding, i realize that we do have it made in Cali. like you said anything u could want to do is within a couple hours from LA. you could snowboard, surf, go ride MX in the dessert and hit some of the greatest canyon roads, all in one day. Although all that comes with a price, high taxes, high cost of goods, stupid laws on emissions and such, etc... but we do have lane splitting so thas a plus! love it here and ill never leave!
Old 01-06-2014, 10:09 AM
SuperSport

Originally Posted by jscobey
whenever anyone on here is complaining about snow and winterizing their bike in prep for months of no riding, i realize that we do have it made in Cali. like you said anything u could want to do is within a couple hours from LA. you could snowboard, surf, go ride MX in the dessert and hit some of the greatest canyon roads, all in one day. Although all that comes with a price, high taxes, high cost of goods, stupid laws on emissions and such, etc... but we do have lane splitting so thas a plus! love it here and ill never leave!
I know it was amazing out there. The only thing I was missing while I was there was my bike, the back roads through the foot hills were amazing.

Also it did make me sad that I saw two yellow Hawks while mine was sitting in the garage on the opposite end of the country.

Last edited by sailorjerry; 01-06-2014 at 10:26 AM.
Old 01-06-2014, 02:27 PM
MotoGP

Wolverine is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by sailorjerry
The only thing I was missing while I was there was my bike, the back roads were amazing.
I agree 110%. The California coast was simply awesome! Did you get to drive the PCH and/or see the redwoods?
Old 01-06-2014, 04:25 PM
SuperSport

jscobey is on a distinguished road
thats one thing on my to do list is ride through sequoia national park which is where the giant redwoods are. among many other roads in and out of california
Old 01-06-2014, 09:37 PM
Squid

Spawnbike is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by jscobey

I used to visit Berkly, still have Freinds that live there, and in other parts of Cali. I really like the riding there.

But allot of the laws that are there turn me off from living there. I will admit its an awesome and beautiful place to ride.
Old 01-06-2014, 10:50 PM
Superstock

Squid is on a distinguished road
I grew up in So Cal (23 years) and loved the lane splitting, canyon roads, not to mention putting 32K miles in 9 months on my '07 CB599 due to the amazing weather, the salt water fishing for Tuna and being able to surf in the AM and ski the mountains in the afternoon on nice "winter" days but after moving away for the most part the people (mainly cagers) sucked. Yes they were mainly So Cal A$$ holes who where higher than God in their minds but it was a turn off. Yet, here I am looking to transfer back to central CA in about a year and change. Im glad to see that those who have visited could see past the people.
Old 01-09-2014, 12:04 PM
Squid

hellboy7 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Squid
I grew up in So Cal (23 years) and loved the lane splitting, canyon roads, not to mention putting 32K miles in 9 months on my '07 CB599 due to the amazing weather, the salt water fishing for Tuna and being able to surf in the AM and ski the mountains in the afternoon on nice "winter" days but after moving away for the most part the people (mainly cagers) sucked. Yes they were mainly So Cal A$$ holes who where higher than God in their minds but it was a turn off. Yet, here I am looking to transfer back to central CA in about a year and change. Im glad to see that those who have visited could see past the people.
I think central CA gotta be the most miserable part of CA though. it's all agriculture... youre not going to find a decent thing worth doing in miles..
Old 01-09-2014, 02:49 PM
SuperSport

Originally Posted by Wolverine
I agree 110%. The California coast was simply awesome! Did you get to drive the PCH and/or see the redwoods?

I was in LA so I didn't get to see the redwoods, and my drive on the PCH was short lived ( Long Beach to Malibu) but it was still amazing, being from Texas and now living in Florida and before this trip the furthest west I had been was Colorado it was amazing to have mountains on the edge of the water. I really dont know how to describe how much I enjoyed my trip, it was just simply amazing.
Old 01-11-2014, 08:21 AM
Back Marker

brothermike is on a distinguished road
Everything you say is true however being a gun lover /sport shooter I could not live there because of their oppressive gun laws.
Old 01-11-2014, 04:57 PM
mildly retarded
SuperBike

j shizzy wizzy is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by brothermike
Everything you say is true however being a gun lover /sport shooter I could not live there because of their oppressive gun laws.
+1 on that. I grew up there and it was definitely amazing. But I live in Colorado now and love it for different reasons. Unfortunately colorado is turning into Cali now with insane liberals at the helm. Not sure where ill be in the next 10 years...