Everything Else Anything and everything NON-VTR related

Death

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2013, 07:38 AM
Superstock

zxbud is on a distinguished road
Death

The other day I happened onto a road block guarded by a officer that I had met a few days prior. A very nice guy and we became friends. I pulled to a stop, took my helmet off and said " hey Dan". He came over and we talked while he watched for more traffic to approach and be directed to turn around and take another route. The accident scene was what we all dread, described as follows. I can see a school bus that had made a left turn onto a side road. From my direction a rider on a 2008 Buell was not seen by the *75 year old* bus driver and the rider died quickly, as it was reported. The bus driver had waited for a car to pass before he turned in front of the bike, too. The life that was snuffed could have been mine or yours. Buses can make quick moves------------
Old 01-30-2013, 09:27 AM
Superstock

archaicguy is on a distinguished road
Man that sucks... every time I see this happen I seriously consider selling mine since I have 2 young daughters but I know for every one there are a bunch that never have any accident.
Old 01-30-2013, 10:41 AM
SuperBike

cliby is on a distinguished road
awful news. the more I ride the less I assume anything. We all think we are defensive drivers but then catch ourselves passing on the right a left turning car without absolutely being sure something isn't being blocked from view - or that car won't change its mind etc - a million examples of less than defensive, me included. Or in this case seeing a bus waiting for a car before turning and forgetting to think maybe the bus is so focused on the car he isn't seeing me. There is a ton of car driver blame, but in reailty in many cases bikes are harder to see, move faster and harder to judge distance and closing distance. Be vigilant everyone - all the time.
Old 01-30-2013, 12:14 PM
SuperBike

skokievtr is on a distinguished road
Yesterday here a Septran bus driver suppository had some kind of medical issue and took out 5 cars. Punched 1 car through a garage and narrowly missed killing 2 people in a cab. That's why I don't commute or ride in the city anymore, though it can happen anywhere anytime.

ZXBud, How in the heack do U get 44mpg with your jetting?
Old 01-30-2013, 02:38 PM
MotoGP

smokinjoe73 is on a distinguished road
Wait, this is someone you didnt even know? Seems like an odd thing to report. You're not gonna come on & report on every grim death you hear of are you? Thats some real negative energy. Sorry to hear it happened but I live in NYC & if I came on here for every death.......
Old 01-30-2013, 06:53 PM
Superstock

Originally Posted by smokinjoe73
Wait, this is someone you didnt even know? Seems like an odd thing to report. You're not gonna come on & report on every grim death you hear of are you? Thats some real negative energy. Sorry to hear it happened but I live in NYC & if I came on here for every death.......
1. No, I didn't know the victim

2. I was stopped at the scene by the same cop who stopped me a 2 weeks prior while he was looking for a "runner" on a red bike like mine. He rides a Busa and his wife rides a zx12 and so we talked bikes for a while where he stopped me. That's not the first time that's happened, either. We exchanged stories for a while and he topped my hair raiser big time.

3. No, no more grim stories just a heads up.

4. Not an odd thing to report at all. I never watch news at all so if I see or hear of something pertaining to bikes that's bad I might pass it along. This time I did and you might benefit from it. Watch everything-------
Old 01-30-2013, 06:59 PM
MotoGP

smokinjoe73 is on a distinguished road
1. I dont watch news either, I come to the forum for GOOD news

2. If it took this for you to understand the inherent dangers in motorcycling, driving or any number of normal activities, you werent thinking very much before this incident.

3. Please no more random death gloom posts, just mull it over in your own inner monologue. Good thing no one told you about cancer.
Old 01-30-2013, 06:59 PM
Superstock

Suppository

Originally Posted by skokievtr
Yesterday here a Septran bus driver suppository had some kind of medical issue and took out 5 cars. Punched 1 car through a garage and narrowly missed killing 2 people in a cab. That's why I don't commute or ride in the city anymore, though it can happen anywhere anytime.

I'll tell you how I got 44 mpg with a Superhawk when you tell me how a bus driver killed people with a suppository.
Old 01-30-2013, 07:13 PM
Superstock

Lethal Suppository

Originally Posted by skokievtr

I'll tell you how I got 44 mpg with a Superhawk when you tell me how a bus driver killed people with a suppository.

Sometimes I ride the Hawk like I ride the VTX1800--you know, 40, 50, 60 mph with no wrist wheelies. There are tons of cops around here, even out in the green swamp. One day I approached a spot in the outback and saw a cop backing into his hidey-hole in a 50 mph zone trying to catch guys like me and again this is out in the middle of nowhere. I've even got 48 mpg, too.
Old 01-30-2013, 08:24 PM
Superstock

Good News

Originally Posted by smokinjoe73
1. I dont watch news either, I come to the forum for GOOD news

2. If it took this for you to understand the inherent dangers in motorcycling, driving or any number of normal activities, you werent thinking very much before this incident.

3. Please no more random death gloom posts, just mull it over in your own inner monologue. Good thing no one told you about cancer.

Hey Joe, here's some good news > "GOOD NEWS"

Over and Out
Old 01-31-2013, 08:34 AM
Escape Reality
SuperSport

calitoz is on a distinguished road
I hate these threads
Old 02-01-2013, 04:24 PM
Superstock

What's to Hate?

Originally Posted by calitoz
I hate these threads

Yesterday I was out in the sticks passing through a tiny village called Green Pond. Look it up on Google Map and follow this account. Heading west I was rounding the cemetary at about 20 mph, as usual. Near the apex of the curve and coming straight at me from the west was a big school bus mostly in my, westbound lane driving way too fast to stay in *her* lane. This community has many small children and she knows it. I hit the brakes and the very large blond woman driving the bus waves her large arm/hand at me to acknowledge---yada yada yada. Today I returned to the curve with camera but was a few minutes late and she didn't show. Monday I'll be back earlier and if I tape her doing it again I will post it on you know what tube.