Everything Else Anything and everything NON-VTR related

Barber Motorsports Park 5/18

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2014, 06:25 PM
Superstock

insulinboy is on a distinguished road
Barber Motorsports Park 5/18

Spent Sunday at the track with the YZF, had some fun before it started to rain, my mother took a few photos that didn't really turn out but I ended up with a few that didn't suck
Attached Thumbnails Barber Motorsports Park 5/18-barber-034.jpg   Barber Motorsports Park 5/18-barber-057.jpg   Barber Motorsports Park 5/18-barber-059.jpg   Barber Motorsports Park 5/18-barber-127.jpg   Barber Motorsports Park 5/18-barber-129.jpg  

Old 05-19-2014, 09:15 PM
MotoGP

smokinjoe73 is on a distinguished road
Very nice. I hear Barber is a fun & busy track. By busy I mean lots of technical sections.
Old 05-20-2014, 07:24 AM
Superstock

Originally Posted by smokinjoe73
Very nice. I hear Barber is a fun & busy track. By busy I mean lots of technical sections.
Barber is a blast. It was purposefully designed for motorcycles. I hate downhill corners but the track is so perfect I have no problem with the downhill sections just pouring on the throttle. Turn 5 ate a few motorcycles this weekend though, its almost a 180 degree corner and a lot of people forgot to slow down enough for it.

I would have had more fun if I had some new rubber on the bike but unfortunately the tire guy there didn't have anything for my bike (160 rear) and it was short notice so I didn't order any new rubber. I had been trying to sell the bike because I didn't figure it would get much use but now I'm thinking I'm going to need the track bike. I'm looking at swaping it for an SV650 though. I prefer the Vtwin engine platform
Old 05-20-2014, 08:15 AM
MotoGP

You could definitely get and sv for less $ than you sell the hawk for. Way cheaper to operate and a better learning tool/track bike.

It feels like a motogp bike after the hawk. Like it weighs 200lbs. Super light.

Yeah I am not a big fan of decreasing radius blind downhill off camber corners.
Old 05-20-2014, 09:07 AM
SuperSport

sailorjerry is on a distinguished road
decreasing radius blind downhill off camber corners.

Now say that 10 times as fast as you can.
Old 05-20-2014, 09:17 AM
MotoGP

In NJ, there is a decreasing radius turn on thunderbolt. Feels like running a sprint as your shoes are being tied together.

Then on lightning there is an increasing radius turn. Full lean and hammering through all the gears! Now that is what you dreampt of when you first started dreaming about racing.

Lighning also has a drop-away knee down, front tire lifting right hander. Also a blast.
Old 05-20-2014, 10:28 AM
SuperSport

sailorjerry is on a distinguished road
In NJ, there is a decreasing radius turn on thunderbolt. Feels like running a sprint as your shoes are being tied together.

Then on lightning there is an increasing radius turn. Full lean and hammering through all the gears! Now that is what you dreampt of when you first started dreaming about racing.

Lighning also has a drop-away knee down, front tire lifting right hander. Also a blast.

And that sound like a whole lot of fun.

I have yet to get to do a track day, Im hoping to make it out to Jennings soon. Nothing quite like what y'all have a little further north though.
Old 05-20-2014, 10:54 AM
Superstock

You could definitely get and sv for less $ than you sell the hawk for..
Not selling the Hawk for an SV, I have a dedicated YZF600R track bike that I want to sell and swap for a dedicated SV650 track bike I'm going to have to add some money to it I think (which sucks because I have a second bike worth of spares minus a frame) but I think I found the right SV in TN that I'm hoping to go look at sometime this week or next, and with some spacers the SV1000 wheel will go on the back so I can run a 180 rear on it and have an easier time getting tires.

However I do think I may be letting the hawk go soon, an Aprilia Mille is calling my name :drool I long for fuel injection and USD forks