Daugherty Motorsports - A+ company and service

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2009, 05:28 PM
Squid

2wheeler is on a distinguished road
Daugherty Motorsports - A+ company and service

I have to give some atta boys to Jamie for his help with my CBR shock mod and fork rebuild for the Superhawk. I have been searching for suspension components for the SH for over a year and could never bring myself to pull the trigger on the pricey stuff.

Imagine how thrilled I was to see someone taking the time to make an affordable alternative to Ohlins or Penske. The price and product you get from Daugherty Motorsports can't be beat. Even if you wanted to spend $1200 for the Ohlins I doubt you would get a better result. I just received the custom F4/SH shock and rebuilt forks (Race Tech) back from Jamie today and the custom part Jamie makes for the CBR F4 shock is top quality. He even sent back the unused fork oil, Race Tech stickers, and old valves. This has been my first purchase from Jamie's company but it's the attention to the little details and courtesy that has really impressed me so far.

Having previously raced SV650s and GSX-R600s I consider myself to be picky when it comes to trusting suspension components or the people who put those suspension components underneath me. I have yet to bolt the parts on and try the suspension on the track but if my results on the track are half as good as my experience to date with Jamie's company I will not be disappointed. I encourage anyone who wants to upgrade the SH with better suspension to contact Jamie and talk about options. He's great at returning emails and I don't believe he will give you anything but the best advice. I look forward to future parts made by this A+ company and A+ guy.

More to follow after my first track test!
Attached Thumbnails Daugherty Motorsports - A+ company and service-dsc00945.jpg  

Last edited by 2wheeler; 05-16-2009 at 05:46 PM.
Old 05-17-2009, 06:20 PM
Administrator
World Champion

Hawkrider will become famous soon enoughHawkrider will become famous soon enough
Moved to feedback section.
Old 05-18-2009, 05:06 AM
SuperBike

JamieDaugherty is on a distinguished road
Thanks for the kind words! In an effort for full disclosure - I'm not a 'company', just a rider like the rest of you guys. I have a regular old nine-to-five job working for the man, I do this work on the side just to help support my own habit. I think this position helps me to better offer stuff to guys that really make a difference, not just something to make a buck. I also try to make sure the prices stay reasonable too.

I love working on the custom, trick or just plain crazy projects. I like to fill the gap where there are no options (or only high-priced ones). I love a challenge!
Old 05-18-2009, 07:08 AM
Squid

reaper996 is on a distinguished road
I'm going to agree with 2wheeler, and say that Jamie gets an A++ for his service. Whether Jamie likes it or not, I see a company title headed his way, and I would recommend him to everyone.
Old 05-18-2009, 09:10 AM
SuperBike

JamieDaugherty is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by reaper996
I'm going to agree with 2wheeler, and say that Jamie gets an A++ for his service. Whether Jamie likes it or not, I see a company title headed his way, and I would recommend him to everyone.

Don't put that hex on me! With as busy as I've been this spring it already seems like I've been working two full-time jobs. I'm not complaining at all, but the wife........

It's a dream of mine to have my own business. Who knows.