Everything Else Anything and everything NON-VTR related

ATV riders in east TN

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2008, 02:49 AM
Superstock

sumthin_major is on a distinguished road
ATV riders in east TN

Has any of you that ride atv's or offroad trucks ever been to coal creek or windrock in east tn. Me and my dad decided to come out here this weekend. Thousands of acres to ride , over 160 miles of trails, does this sound like fun to anybody else. Pics will follow later this weekend of us on the big can am's .
Old 08-21-2008, 03:30 PM
Superstock

This was day one. I'm not impressed by the trails, only about the space. Its basically an oil field on a mountain that they let you ride on. Miles of trails and TONS of rocks. ATV riders in east TN-pic-0256.jpg

ATV riders in east TN-pic-0255.jpg

ATV riders in east TN-pic-0258.jpg

ATV riders in east TN-pic-0261.jpg

ATV riders in east TN-pic-0259.jpg
Old 08-21-2008, 07:15 PM
ATGATT
Superstock

newb007 is on a distinguished road
We used to take our offroad trucks out there but they ended up closing a lot of the trails and people kept rolling so no mor coal creek trips for us. There are plenty of other spots in TN though. Woolys offroad park, Summertown, Land between the lakes, and Monteagle. If your on I-24 going towards Chattanooga headed down the hill, there is an entrance to Monteagle off one of the run off ramps. They lead back into the hills and some is pretty off camber. Otherwise there are some trails in Monteagle off the main exit. I'm not sure what trails are still open.

Wooly's is a lot of fun and has a lot of atv trails. They also run buggies so its fun to stop and watch.

Here is a pic from Monteagle last time I went:
Old 08-22-2008, 09:25 AM
Superstock

Thanks noob007 , by the way. nice truck. We live about an hr from LBL. We use to go there all the time. Now we like to go to Coon Creek orv. Its not as big but it makes up for that with its challenging hills and gumbo mud. Honestly So far from what I've seen at windrock, I like Coon Creek better..... I thought they closed Woolys down? We also use to ride Patty's Bluff till a mining company bought it. We still ride Linton Ky some also. Mostly we stay in creeks around here and in West Ky around Mayfield.
Old 08-23-2008, 12:16 PM
ATGATT
Superstock

newb007 is on a distinguished road
Wooly's is privately owned land so I doubt they were shut down. I checked the website and all looks ok still. Last time I went ATVin that's where I went. I did go over the back of the 4wheeler on a steep climb but it turned out not that bad. The guy at the top was waving saying NOT to come up. Looked to me like Come on Up! You know how that goes.

Coal Creek just wasn't that fun for the money.

By the way what kind of 4wheeler is that in the first pic? Bombardier? Looks like you added a big wheel kit. Very nice.
Old 08-26-2008, 01:48 AM
Superstock

That's a Can am Renegade 800 with itp rims on 27in fox tires. That's dad's new toy. It's a beast. My outlander is an 800 also but its only evenly matched while he has the big tires on it.