Everything Else Anything and everything NON-VTR related

Actions of Bikers on the freeway

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2009, 06:42 PM
RK1
MotoGP

RK1 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by vermontzx6r
Very true. And I do care what the public thinks. I'm lucky enough to live in a part of the country where gun ownership is virtually unrestricted and we have no carry laws. But A lot of you guys have already had your 2nd amendment rights reduced. The more teenagers on R1's fly through the rear window of a minivan and the more times each of you guys pulls up the front with a cager audience the closer we'll be to displacement limits. I dont want to live in new france.
I could live in Vermont. Vermont is an interesting case. Despite being overrun by confused hippies and homos from Boston and N.Y., still is tied with Alaska for the least restrictive gun laws in the nation. You can walk into a gun store, buy a pistol, load it, put it in your pocket and walk out into the street without breaking the law. I could live in Vermont.
Old 03-22-2009, 06:55 PM
MotoGP

VTRsurfer is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by RK1
I'd only been thinking about the safety of women, children, old pensioners and their pet cocker spaniels. Now that you've mentioned goat safety, I promise to be more careful!
I hit a dog about 25 years ago on Little Tujunga Canyon Road above San Fernando. Big black lab, I think it survived as it limped away. Bent my shift lever, and left fur on the front axle.

Last edited by VTRsurfer; 03-22-2009 at 07:01 PM.
Old 03-22-2009, 06:55 PM
RK1
MotoGP

My Second Amendment rights aren't recognized in Kalifornia. Ask me if I care. I seldom leave home without it. Misdemeanor pop. A few hundred in fines, three years unsupervised probation. If that ever happens, I'll rent out my house to 18 Mex illegal alien welfare recipients, move my *** and my business to Vermont.
Old 03-22-2009, 08:10 PM
MotoGP

nath981 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by zmaniv
I wouldn't know H.A. colors from anything else.
Everyone I know that rides a Harley is just a wanabee.
I was warlord for a gang for about a year when I was in was in my early twenties.

the word "colors" with respect to motorcycle gangs refers to their logo'd club jackets which are considered sacred and to die for, and/or at least to go down fighting for. When anyone wearing colors is threatened or violated, this will likely result in repraisals for individuals, and war for other groups, clubs or gangs.
Old 03-23-2009, 08:08 AM
RK1
MotoGP

Originally Posted by VTRsurfer
I hit a dog about 25 years ago on Little Tujunga Canyon Road above San Fernando. Big black lab, I think it survived as it limped away. Bent my shift lever, and left fur on the front axle.
Been over that route countless times. On the way to the shooting range or the In and out burger off of the 14 freeway. Never encountered a black lab. Maybe you taught him to stay away from bikes!
Old 03-23-2009, 08:46 AM
MotoGP

VTRsurfer is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by RK1
Been over that route countless times. On the way to the shooting range or the In and out burger off of the 14 freeway. Never encountered a black lab. Maybe you taught him to stay away from bikes!
It was in the mid '80s in the lower part of the canyon on a straightaway. There was a ramshackle house on the left in the middle of nowhere. Randy, who owned the House Of Handlebars in Long Beach at that time, was in front of me. The dog charged him from the front yard of the house. He gassed it as the dog charged his rear wheel. I gassed it from behind, thinking the dog would stay on my left, but he crossed behind Randy's bike, not seeing me. I hit him with a glancing blow, recovered and rode off. I saw the dog limping off in my mirror.

At a park a little further up the canyon we caught up with the other 2 riders in our group, and I managed to straighten my shift lever. Due to the aggressive nature of the dog and remoteness of the house, we didn't go back that way.

There were some nice roads up there, but I haven't been on them in over 20 years.